RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Why do people go into McDonald's, take their place in the queue, wait till they reach the counter and then have a presidential-style debate with the cashier over what they want to flipping eat???

FFS, we all know what's on the menu. Just decide what you want to eat and buy it!!
Derek27

If you're going to kneel before a football match, do it for the full 60 seconds! Kneeling for 10 seconds is basically an admission that you don't have time for the cause and just want to go through the motions to please the cameras!
johnsheppard

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:38 pm
Why do people go into McDonald's, take their place in the queue, wait till they reach the counter and then have a presidential-style debate with the cashier over what they want to flipping eat???

FFS, we all know what's on the menu. Just decide what you want to eat and buy it!!
The only explanation is that people are retarded. The LOT of em...

I work retail in my spare time :)....there are more lonely people than you'd realise....they wouldn't say they are lonely, but they act like they are...it's possibly something like that...

There would be some people that dont know the menu tho...
weemac

Yes, I accept cookies on this site! Yes, I know Flash won't be supported after this year! No, I don't want to sign into Youtube today! No, I don't want to make the Shrewsbury Chronicle my homepage!

But do I really have to click these annoying popups twenty times every freakin' day? Can't there just be a button that I can click once only that remembers my preferences so I can get on with my life?
Derek27

weemac wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:11 pm
Yes, I accept cookies on this site! Yes, I know Flash won't be supported after this year! No, I don't want to sign into Youtube today! No, I don't want to make the Shrewsbury Chronicle my homepage!

But do I really have to click these annoying popups twenty times every freakin' day? Can't there just be a button that I can click once only that remembers my preferences so I can get on with my life?
I would flipping kill the guy who put accepting cookies into legislation, if I ever met him. I use AdGuard. It's free, blocks ads and auto-accepts cookies amongst other things.
weemac

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:31 pm
weemac wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:11 pm

I would flipping kill the guy who put accepting cookies into legislation, if I ever met him. I use AdGuard. It's free, blocks ads and auto-accepts cookies amongst other things.
I have Adblock, but it seems less effective nowadays. I'll give Ad Guard a try. I'd even pay to get rid of these popups.
spreadbetting

There's an extension called "I don't care about cookies" you can instal on firefox/chrome to get rid of those regulatory eu cookie requests. Seems to work fine
Kai

There is Adblock Plus as well, they kinda go hand in hand.
LeTiss

The problem with AdBlock is that it seems to slow the performance of my browser
jimibt

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:30 pm
The problem with AdBlock is that it seems to slow the performance of my browser
depends on the content of the Ads that it's trying to block -nudge nudge :twisted: :D
LeTiss

:lol: :lol:
Derek27

I decided to pop down to London for the weekend before there's a lockdown. I was looking forward to my sister's dinner party on Sunday and now that dipstick Johnson's acted faster than he ever does and moved it into tier 2 with barely any warning!

My sister being a law abiding citizen has called it off. :(
superfrank

Er, no it didn't.

It really is getting like 1984. They'll be re-writing history books next.
Kai

superfrank wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:18 pm

Er, no it didn't.

It really is getting like 1984. They'll be re-writing history books next.
Wasn't it muskets?
Derek27

Been into Tesco Express and saw 6 onion bhajis reduced to £1. I was gonna buy them but the pricing guy came along and starting repricing the reduced shelf. So I did the rest of my shopping, went back to the bhajis and found he put them up to £1.15!!!

FFS, I would have paid £1.15 in the first place for them but I'm not having them now!

Return to “General discussion”