Ultra wide monitor feedback

A place to discuss anything.
whimsies

Hi all

Thinking about getting an ultrawide monitor for trading as has anyone used one and can give me any recommendations what to buy, or am I better using dual monitors. Thank you in advance
madspadsdad

Afternoon,

I currently use a Samsung 49" ultrawide curved monitor after upgrading from a dual monitor set up.

It looks more aesthetically pleasing that two monitors side by side but also there is slightly more function and productivity to it.

productivity wise not noticed much difference everything is just a bit smoother.

I usual have the software and some data and some data capture on my ultra wide and then use my laptop screen as my screen to use.

or if I'm trading football or capturing data I can watch 8 games at once and its so much easier and nicer to work from.

ill try post a picture.

I would definitely recommend
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

madspadsdad wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:15 pm
Afternoon,

I currently use a Samsung 49" ultrawide curved monitor after upgrading from a dual monitor set up.

It looks more aesthetically pleasing that two monitors side by side but also there is slightly more function and productivity to it.

productivity wise not noticed much difference everything is just a bit smoother.

I usual have the software and some data and some data capture on my ultra wide and then use my laptop screen as my screen to use.

or if I'm trading football or capturing data I can watch 8 games at once and its so much easier and nicer to work from.

ill try post a picture.

I would definitely recommend
People flaunt their greens, monitor setups, and now it's football shirts. :lol:

How many graphic cards do you need for that, or do you need a special card for wide/high resolution monitors?
Kai

An actual football is about the only thing missing from that image, somewhere in the corner. You had one job mads, I am disappoint :(

jamesedwards

whimsies wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:30 am
Hi all

Thinking about getting an ultrawide monitor for trading as has anyone used one and can give me any recommendations what to buy, or am I better using dual monitors. Thank you in advance
I recently upgraded from a two-monitor set-up to the Samsung Odyssey G9 49". 5120x1440 so equal desktop space to two HD 27" monitors. Went for the new G9 over the older G90 as the G9 has a greater curve and incredible specs for gaming. The thing is an absolute beast and I thoroughly recommend! My only minor niggle is the screen is so big that it generates quite a bit of heat which in turn cause some expansion clicks from both bottom corners as it heats up for the first 30 mins or so.

I do lots of horse race in-play trading so to be able to centre the main stream in the middle of the screen and have the trading windows to the side has been a big step forward for me. Previously I've had to have the stream on one monitor and trading windows on the other. I would never go back.

G90 https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors/curved-chg90d/
G9 https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors/monitor-cg95/

Make sure you check you have a compatible graphics card for any monitor set-up before you buy of course!
madspadsdad

Forgive the late reply

Haha I've have more shirts in my office this is just my home set up

In regards to do I require more graphics cards, No I simply connect it to my laptop via a Thunderbolt3 cable or a HDMI lead and that's it.

Very handing for trading I must admit. And would recommend to anyone.
whimsies

Thanks for your replys, went ahead and purchased the samsung ultrawide and am very pleased

Return to “General discussion”