Betfair Account Closed on Business Grounds

A place to discuss anything.
user1234

I am new member of the betting community from Finland, and yesterday made an account with Betfair to get started. I added approximately 100 euros to the account in two batches and made two bets allocating all the funds. Slightly afterwards, as I was trying to deposit more funds I got a message that my account had been closed on business grounds. A message containing the following was sent to my email.

I almost immediately contacted the customer support, but unfortunately they could not provide any more information on the issue. I also sent the required document to validate my account, in case this was the issue.

Finally, I sent a message to the Betfair Escalations Team inquiring for the reason the account was closed and how to proceed. They have not yet responded, but once they do I will provide more details.

I should also add that in the process of depositing funds the request was denied by my bank a few times because there was a gambling lock and a spending limit on the Visa card I had forgotten about, and I also entered the validation code wrong few times.

Does anyone here have similar experiences or possible explanations for what the issue could be?
Last edited by user1234 on Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archery1969

Hi,

Not sure but all of the following probably raised a red flag:

- Card had a gambling lock. They would have got a code sent back for that.
- Trying to use a card which has hit its maximum limit. They would have got a code sent back for that.
- Enter validation code incorrectly multiple times. They would have got a code sent back for that.

The last one above probably gave the most concern over fraudulent activity.

I doubt trying to use a different card or payment method will work now either as they have probably put a mark against your Name, Address, DOB, Bank, Card etc.

Goodluck,
jimibt

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:01 pm
Hi,

- Trying to use a card which has hit its maximum limit. They would have got a code sent back for that.
- Enter validation code incorrectly multiple times. They would have got a code sent back for that.

I doubt trying to use a different card or payment method will work now either as they have probably put a mark against your Name, Address, DOB, Bank, Card etc.

Goodluck,
well done for answering the almost unanswerable!! (sorry, i meant unfathomable!)
Archery1969

jimibt wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:08 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Hi,

Goodluck,
well done for answering the almost unanswerable!! (sorry, i meant unfathomable!)
Thank's Jim. :D
Archery1969

To the OP

Below are the codes shared between financial institutions including betting companies.

- 34 FRAUD SUSPICION
- 51 LIMIT EXCEEDED
- 55 INVALID SECURITY CODE
- 62 RESTRICTED CARD
- 63 SECURITY RULES VIOLATED
- 76 CARD BLOCKED
- 57 ILLEGAL TRANSACTION

No offence but I think you probably broke more than one of the above.
user1234

Archery1969 wrote:
Hi,

Goodluck,
Thank you, that may have been it indeed then, lesson learned. Unfortunately the account is suspended so it's non functional at the moment. I will report back how it goes once I get an answer.
Archery1969

user1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:32 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Hi,

Goodluck,
Thank you, that may have been it indeed then, lesson learned. Unfortunately the account is suspended so it's non functional at the moment. I will report back how it goes once I get an answer.
Suspended ?, that email says it's closed. The former suggests it could be unsuspended and therefore used again, the later suggests it wont be etc.
user1234

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:47 pm
user1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:32 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Hi,

Goodluck,
Suspended ?, that email says it's closed. The former suggests it could be unsuspended and therefore used again, the later suggests it wont be etc.
Sorry, closed is the correct term then.

Does anyone know what happens with the bets on the account in this situation?
JohnT

There's not many who have a Betangel account within a day of opening their
1st Betfair account.

I think I would close any account who were using software within a day of opening an account.
The Silk Run

VERY UNLUCKY user1234, their security systems and operations are not that sophisticated by any means.
I suspect the sniff was random. And was the IP of Romanian origin where I believe compliance are co-located, which speaks volumes ...
user1234

JohnT wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:05 pm
There's not many who have a Betangel account within a day of opening their
1st Betfair account.

I think I would close any account who were using software within a day of opening an account.
I am not using any software. I opened the account to make the thread after the account was closed.

No response yet, they are possibly not responding during weekends.
jamesedwards

user1234 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:52 pm

No response yet, they are possibly not responding during weekends.
An expectation of any sort of reply from Betfair points towards the OP as being a bonafide new user :mrgreen:
Last edited by jamesedwards on Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Silk Run

FRUSTRATING darling. You may have to jump through a few hoops to satisfy them !!!
GOOD LUCK & update us as n when ....
Minnie LAI
ANGELS15

Betfair seem notoriously difficult to communicate with once they've decided to close someone's account. It's reminiescent of a relationship where your friend or partner has cut communication with you and refuse point blank to let you enquire further as to what you've allegedly done and offer an explanation which would clear things up.
Jukebox

ANGELS15 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:56 am
Betfair seem notoriously difficult to communicate with once they've decided to close someone's account. It's reminiescent of a relationship where your friend or partner has cut communication with you and refuse point blank to let you enquire further as to what you've allegedly done and offer an explanation which would clear things up.
is that the explanation that goes "It was a party, I was drunk and she could never mean as much to me as you do babe"

Return to “General discussion”