Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:00 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:15 am
Serious question: Does anybody understand why so many people chip away sub £1 bets on the lower leagues?
As a random stab in the dark could it be that with less liquidity Bf does more cross-matching and that leads to smaller individual stakes? I've never studied cross-matching so as I said just a guess.
Cheers, I had considered that just after posting. The irony is that I advised somebody on another thread to take things in his stride and not get frustrated by the way the market behaves, and I've already fallen foul of my own advice. :lol:
wearthefoxhat

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:15 am
Serious question: Does anybody understand why so many people chip away sub £1 bets on the lower leagues?

A forward skillfully dribbles the ball past defenders and looks menacing, and somebody thinks, shit, he might score, I better lay off 15 pence of my trade!!
Just a guessing, could be a way of creating price history by tracking a price range in a live market. End if the day, download results into excel and analyse the data.
Kai

Always rated Saints.
Atho55

Anybody else doing this....

SS Extra.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

Atho55 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:01 pm
Anybody else doing this....

SS Extra.jpg
Yep, took a shot. Got the first goalscorer right, little else.
MemphisFlash

After watching peter's latest video on Football Calcualtions i decided to Create a dashboard, fully interactive for stats for my particular team/league stats.

First effort,

what do you guys think.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Style over substance ;)
MemphisFlash

Can customise for whatever team i want.
Capture.JPG
spreadbetting

All it's missing is a few pretty colours and the obligatory pnl shot , Memphis.
Derek27

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:34 pm
After watching peter's latest video on Football Calcualtions i decided to Create a dashboard, fully interactive for stats for my particular team/league stats.

First effort,

what do you guys think.

Capture.JPG
I wish I had your presentation skills. I've never looked at colours and fonts, all my spreadsheets are plain boring black and white, with bold headings. :)
MemphisFlash

the question is do you use them, they have to be pleasing on the eye otherwise you stop using them after a while.
That latest one is one click and it fully updates from Soccerstats.
spreadbetting

If they win money I'm not sure I'd stop because they didn't look pretty.

Luckily for me my bots are fully auto and do any gathering in the background so never need to look at them but I guess there's no harm in making things look better if you need to.
Derek27

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:19 pm
the question is do you use them, they have to be pleasing on the eye otherwise you stop using them after a while.
That latest one is one click and it fully updates from Soccerstats.
Spreadsheets that are pleasing to the eye are a bonus, especially if you look at them frequently, but ultimately they are for information - like a really interesting book, black text should do the job. One of my football spreadsheets just calculates the best price to close, one cell is all I need to look at!
MemphisFlash

refined slightly

Capture.JPG

goes nicely with peter's latest video.
StellaBot

Some spreadsheets show the obvious as the whole world knows
Other variants maybe less known
Its about profit loss risk reward
:D

Return to “Football trading”