Trading What I see !?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
The Silk Run

I must be dumb. Morbius has lost me ....
goat68

Busy in here today?!
So I've spent a couple of days trading some football, after the previous discussion...and I've come to the conclusion not knowing much about football is a huge gap, you need decent match selection, and I definitely have not got that...! So back to horses, but it was a nice break :-)
goat68

I've also been video watching and thread reading, and similar to what Kai refers to having missconceptions, I think I've gone down a dead end in my method.
Frequently in the Today's Horse racing thread, all the profitable traders are ALWAYS pointing out the race overlap issues, timing and when the money arrives... And I think it's the importance of this I have missed.
I do regularly see the surge in volume and volatility around 3mins out, and I think there's a crossover between what traders are pushing from 15->5mins and then what the 'money' think from then on in... And I think the trick is to find the opportunities between those two sentiments of value, somehow???!!
Derek27

goat68 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:32 pm
Busy in here today?!
So I've spent a couple of days trading some football, after the previous discussion...and I've come to the conclusion not knowing much about football is a huge gap, you need decent match selection, and I definitely have not got that...! So back to horses, but it was a nice break :-)
If two days is the maximum amount of effort you're willing to put in to a new sport you may as well give up! I know nothing about football but find it very profitable and it's taken months. :roll:
goat68

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:50 pm
goat68 wrote:
Busy in here today?!
If two days is the maximum amount of effort you're willing to put in to a new sport you may as well give up! I know nothing about football but find it very profitable and it's taken months. :roll:
Do you know about football?
What do you know?
Last edited by goat68 on Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goat68

Derek27 wrote:
goat68 wrote:
Busy in here today?!
And by the way I've been busting a gut trying to suss this the last 6months thank you!
Morbius

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:38 pm
Morbius wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:29 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:19 pm

I must be down the gimmick route as I can't see the techniques I use to win money on the exchanges being any use on the financial markets. The fact exchange markets are based around a 100% book makes life so much easier. If only they had the liquidity of the financials I'm sure we'd all be so much happier.

And the 100% books does make life so much easier because it creates tight correlation...there you go....gave you a big clue already :D
Thanks for the clue, ever considered running a course?

No as it happens ....I leave that to people who know more than me or who want to sell money for old rope ;)
Derek27

goat68 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:55 pm
Derek27 wrote:
goat68 wrote:
Busy in here today?!
What do you know?
Goat, do you bother reading posts that you reply to? I told you exactly what I know about football, NOTHING.
Derek27

goat68 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:57 pm
Derek27 wrote:
goat68 wrote:
Busy in here today?!
And by the way I've been busting a gut trying to suss this the last 6months thank you!
You said 2 days, highlighted in bold and underlined.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:04 pm
goat68 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

What do you know?
Goat, do you bother reading posts that you reply to? I told you exactly what I know about football, NOTHING.
But you know a thing or two about the ladder :) Makes trading Peruvian football a bit easier!
Morbius

Derek27 wrote:
goat68 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

What do you know?

Seeing as fundamental knowledge is far less effective in what is a highly mathematically modelled sport then knowing nothing is not a disadvantage but an advantage. As traders then concepts span all markets and sports and any trader who can only trade one market is on shaky ground. It's simply a case of learning the market nuances....I think I may run that course after all Derek :D
goat68

Derek27 wrote:
goat68 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

What do you know?
Yes, I read them the same way as Betfair charts, missing the important bit!!
Sorry yes, I read your post too quickly and my mind fed in the blanks...!
Kai

goat68 wrote:
Busy in here today?!
Sorry Goaty, apparently nothing going on for days on the forum! Other than some bloke looking to download historical soccer data, so everyone crammed into your little corner of the board ;) Watch yer step though, lest you step on one of our egos :mrgreen:
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:19 pm
goat68 wrote:
Busy in here today?!
Sorry Goaty, apparently nothing going on for days on the forum! Other than some bloke looking to download historical soccer data, so everyone crammed into your little corner of the board ;) Watch yer step though, lest you step on one of our egos :mrgreen:

Yeah I am learning to levitate very well since joining :lol:
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:22 pm
Kai wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:19 pm
goat68 wrote:
Busy in here today?!

Yeah I am learning to levitate very well since joining :lol:
You do seem to be rubbing everyone the wrong way :D If I didn't know any better I'd think you were some kind of a pervert :P

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”