Back the Over 1.5 Goals Market

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Phoenix20

Good afternoon everybody.
I was wanting to know if it was possible for the following to be achieved:

1) To place a back bet of £1.25 on the Over 1.5 goals market at 0-0 and when they as been a shot on target?
2) When the first bet as been matched to then place 3 further bets into the Over 1.5 goals market at 25 tick increments and for those bets to be kept in the market?
3) Then when a goal is scored for the Over 1.5 goals market to be greened up?
4) If no goal is scored at the 70th minute then for that to be greened up?

I am basically wanting to place 4 back bets into the Over 1.5 goals market. The first one to be placed when there as been a shot on target and the remaining 3 bets to be placed each at 25 tick increments from the first bet going in.
For example you are watching Man City vs Man Utd and in 10 minutes Man City hit the crossbar this is classed as a shot on target. Bet Angel then fires into the Over 1.5 goals market a bet of £1.25 at odds of 1.40. This is then followed by 3 further bets at 25 tick increments of 1.65, 1.90 and 2.16 (rounded up).
If there is a goal then you are matched at least once depending on the when the first goal is scored. This is then followed by greening up for a profit irrespective of if another goal goes in or not.
If there is no goals in the match up to and including the 70th minute then Bet Angel greens out for a loss.

I do believe that using some pre-knowledge of football matches that a strategy like this would be workable.
I am just struggling with adding this as an automation.
Thank You.
Dallas

Steps 2-4 are straight forward enough to set up, but the shots on target data can't be retrieved from Betfairs API so Bet Angel's automation can't test for this.

If its essential to have SOT data then you'd have to go down the Excel route and create and run your automation from that as you'll then be free to import your shots on target data from any source of your choice - then just connect Excel to Bet Angel to trigger the bets when required
Phoenix20

Thanks Dallas.
How would I set up rules 2 to 4 using the automation of Bet Angel. Still a learner and basically just seeing what I can and can't do.
Dallas

The following blog will walk you through the steps to setup/edit a rules files
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... tion-easy/

But I did have a template rules file already made similar to what you've asked for so just modified that slightly and you can download it below and import into your Guardian, run it in practice mode first as its untested and ensure its working as you want.
Guardian Import.jpg
Overs.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phoenix20

Thank you Dallas you are a star.
Phoenix20

Not as planned. Maybe the lay bet time needs adjusting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Looks like i forgot to flip one of the conditions (it was adapted from a unders rule) so just needs the first condition on the 'Green up if goal' rule changing to;

lay price
is less than
lay price
minus 15 ticks
Phoenix20

Thanks Dallas
:D
Step93

Hi Phoenix20 ,I really would love to be able to use this automation on over1.5, that's just what I was looking for! Could you kindly share the file ?? Thank you very much :D
RSD_1990

Dallas wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:36 pm

But I did have a template rules file already made similar to what you've asked for so just modified that slightly and you can download it below and import into your Guardian, run it in practice mode first as its untested and ensure its working as you want.

Guardian Import.jpg

Overs.baf
Good evening,

I downloaded this file as I'm testing a trade using a very similar method, but it's telling me that the file isn't compatible with my version of betangel.

Does the file need updating? I only downloaded bet angel less than 6 months ago?

Thanks
Ryan
Dallas

RSD_1990 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:33 pm
Dallas wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:36 pm

Guardian Import.jpg

Overs.baf
Good evening,

I downloaded this file as I'm testing a trade using a very similar method, but it's telling me that the file isn't compatible with my version of betangel.

Does the file need updating? I only downloaded bet angel less than 6 months ago?

Thanks
Ryan
There was a new version of Bet Angel released a few months ago, the latest is now V1.55.0
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro
RSD_1990

I'll download once the 18.55 has finished. Thanks
Phoenix20

I am having some problems regarding my set up of the Over 1.5 goals market.
At the moment I have it set up like this:
1) To place a back bet in play between 30 seconds and up to 69mins 59secs at odds of 1.60 with a stake of 75p.
2) I have it placing a second bet in play between 30 seconds and 69mins 59secs at odds of 2 with a stake of 75p.
3) For it to green up at 70 mins to 95 mins (to cover any extra-time) and finally
4) To keep all unmatched bets.

From my results, I am finding it doing weird things, for example, it places the first back bet at 1.6 and the bet loses but the second bet and the green up bet don't get matched and sometimes they do but it's like a lottery when they do. I must have something set wrong somewhere, any help is appreciated.

I have attached my baf file as well.
Thank You.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”