Today's Cricket

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
Emmson

:!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

flipping hell! CSK are scoring one run for each wicket they concede. :lol:
Emmson

A TRAIN of a game in todays IPL and yet still 50 million ceiling has been shattered.
Derek27

New cricket match view, shows you where the ball's gone. I'm not happy with the innings runs P/L chart being moved from below the bet list to above the market, reducing the vertical length of the market viewing area.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

FFS, important information like runs for past overs and batsman tally have gone, for the sake of fancy graphics!!
Emmson

Not too shabby at all the volume on the lasses Big Bash
Derek27

What is the DRS timer, the countdown clock that appears on the screen before a review?
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:24 pm
What is the DRS timer, the countdown clock that appears on the screen before a review?
Thats how long is left for the players to decide whether or not they want to review a decison
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:30 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thats how long is left for the players to decide whether or not they want to review a decison
Cheers, I just managed to figure it out as you posted. Obvious really. :oops:
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:32 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Cheers, I just managed to figure it out as you posted. Obvious really. :oops:
Its been an exhausting few days! :D
firlandsfarm

Trader Pat wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
And during that time the media companies are not allowed to broadcast a TV review. In the early days when the umpires made a decision there was no such rule and some enterprising teams would have a TV in the dressing room, watch the re-run and then signal to the player whether to review or not! :D This was considered 'cheating' as the re-run is for the officials' benefit, not the players.
Derek27

Commentator said first time in his life he's seen a wicket taken with a free hit.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:52 pm
Commentator said first time in his life he's seen a wicket taken with a free hit.
Derek, from recent posts you seem to be new to cricket so I hope you don't mind me explaining the history. T20 basically rearranged the no-ball rule into a free-hit (to add a bit of spectator sensationalism).

In 'proper' cricket when a no-ball is bowled the batsman can play the ball if he is able to and score runs ... the only way he can be out is by a run-out (being bowled, stumped, caught, LBW etc. do not count). The 'no-ball' is then re-bowled as a normal ball. Unfortunately because of a change in the rules of a no-ball many years ago the batsman today has less time to take advantage of a no-ball.

So T20 decided that instead of a no-ball just being a no-ball they added that the ball is re-bowled as a free hit but with the same advantages of the no-ball rule i.e. you can only be run-out from a free hit (there has to be something to stop the batsmen running ad-infinitum!) :lol: So the commentator is probably right that it is the first time he has seen someone being out to a free hit but many batsmen in history have been out to a no-ball! I would say he's just sensationalising the happening which after all is his job! :)
Derek27

Thanks firlandsfarm. I'm gradually picking up the rules. I was aware you can't be bowled or caught out with a free hit, it was probably the first time I've seen a free hit wasted so I can well believe the commentator.

I used to find cricket really boring but it's amazing how a little backing and laying can change that. :D
Emmson

As Peter mentioned on twitter yesterday, sports trading is no place for a slacker, after an exhausting day yesterday manual trading the nags for a very meagre return I got 3 hours sleep and got up in the middle of the night to trade women's big bash.

This is why I do it

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”