A place to discuss anything.
wearthefoxhat

superfrank wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:50 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:14 am
superfrank wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:32 pm
The Arts Council gave £215,305 in Coronavirus "recovery funds" to a solo drag act from Brighton...
https://order-order.com/2020/10/22/arts ... performer/
The primary motivation for the creation of the site was purely to make mischief at the expense of politicians and for the founding author’s own self-gratification.

https://order-order.com/about/
A good site it is too. And the story really is true, sadly... https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/ ... y-barclay/
"Criminal gangs syphoned off £2billion in furloughed funds." :shock: :roll:
Derek27

What a flipping mess Wales is in. Sky News reported a bloke walking into a shop in his underpants asking if he can buy some clothes. :lol:
superfrank

Sturgeon has announced a new 5-tier system (no doubt because Boris' one has only 3).

Level 3 says pubs can open but not serve alcohol. What next?... offices open but no talking?
to75ne

superfrank wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:13 pm
Sturgeon has announced a new 5-tier system (no doubt because Boris' one has only 3).

Level 3 says pubs can open but not serve alcohol. What next?... offices open but no talking?
whats the point of a pub with no beer or whiskey.
Derek27

to75ne wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:20 am
superfrank wrote:

A full English breakfast! Just wish I was up early enough more often to get one. :)
to75ne

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:08 pm
to75ne wrote:
superfrank wrote:

A full English breakfast! Just wish I was up early enough more often to get one. :)
whats wrong with going to a greasy spoon, should not go to pubs for breakfasts, its just wrong.
Derek27

to75ne wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:01 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:08 pm
to75ne wrote:

whats wrong with going to a greasy spoon, should not go to pubs for breakfasts, its just wrong.
I don't have a greasy spoon near me. My options are a Wetherspoon pub with breakfast served on a plate by sexy waitresses, McDonald's or Subway. It's no contest. :)
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:27 pm

I don't have a greasy spoon near me. My options are a Wetherspoon pub with breakfast served on a plate by sexy waitresses, McDonald's or Subway. It's no contest. :)
Have you tried the Toby "All you can eat" for less than £5? :D
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:25 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:27 pm

Have you tried the Toby "All you can eat" for less than £5? :D
I find the very thought of eating as much as you can quite stomach-turning. :)

I heard of a bunch of students that ate so much pizza the restaurant ran out, and they even had the cheek to complain! It was comforting to know that the manageress took no nonsense from them and kicked them all out. :D
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:51 pm
You don't have to eat all you can you can interpret it as "eat as much as you want". :) I will always remember when my mum returned from a trip to the USA to see her sister. They took her to an all you can eat with a difference. To combat the waste that is inevitable in these establishments they had 2 rules ... you could only fill your plate once, no return trips and if you didn't eat it all what you left was weighed and you paid a penalty on the bill for wasting food! I thought it was a brilliant idea. :)
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:24 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:51 pm
You don't have to eat all you can you can interpret it as "eat as much as you want". :) I will always remember when my mum returned from a trip to the USA to see her sister. They took her to an all you can eat with a difference. To combat the waste that is inevitable in these establishments they had 2 rules ... you could only fill your plate once, no return trips and if you didn't eat it all what you left was weighed and you paid a penalty on the bill for wasting food! I thought it was a brilliant idea. :)
Sometimes all that you want is all that you can eat. :)

I don't agree with filling up your plate once, you may not know how much you want to eat. But charging for excessive waste is definitely a good idea, not charging somebody for trying a portion of food that they didn't like.
Korattt

Naffman wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:22 am
Cineworld shutting costing 5500 jobs, we are destroying our own economy how sad
meanwhile at our local shopping complex, work is underway for a new adjoining cinema.. go figure?

https://bit.ly/2G8Wsux

also it amazes me how different places of employment are dealing with this god forsaken virus, where I work there is a lot to be desired with regards H&S in combatting Covid, yet where my missus works it’s hard to fault how they’re dealing with it?
Korattt

to75ne wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:40 pm
perhaps trumpy will drink/inject some bleach
77EC2B5A-6F15-4CBC-AC6A-C75E72E1AC59.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alexmr2

I have had coronavirus symptoms for 1 week now (age 28). First a sore throat, blocked nose then fever and chills, feeling tired, then unable to taste anything for a few days. Now and again, usually after moving too fast I can feel my breathing is harder and the cough can be quite nasty. The symptoms seem to be getting better now. Overall it feels like a slightly worse than average flu, I never recall experiencing loss of taste before. The main issue is the effect on breathing which I imagine would be worse for people who already have some breathing difficulties whether due to age, smoking or another reason.

I think that shutting down the country and devasting almost everyone and everything for a virus which is 20% worse than the average flu at most is the biggest availability cascade (overreaction) in history. My opinion is based on the statistics which I'm sure as traders you know is the much more rational approach to use as opposed to the emotional driven media "people are dying", yeah 1500 people die every day in the UK under normal circumstances. There is now quite a lot of data such as Sweden which used minimal social restrictions and didn't have much of a different result. If you look at the bigger picture you will find that the death rates are no higher than normal. I believe the last two seasons have been particularly mild with less deaths so now we are now experiencing some regression to the mean. I believe the government and media are using the overtesting and normal seasonal death rate increases to show upwards curves and scare people. The Betfair equivalent is the market noise which is less relevant than the overall trend when looking at the bigger picture.

There is also the logical side of arguments such as there never truely was a lockdown because there have been hundred of billions of social interactions in supermarkets and other indoor spaces over the last few months with many of that before masks were even introduced, yet the Nightingale hospitals were basically never used. The lockdown has just made it worse for other health conditions which are a bigger threat than the actual pandemic virus.

I think the government simply doesn't want to admit they were wrong after spending 11 or 12 figures of public funds on something which hasn't really achieved much of a different end result, so they are carrying on the act. I'm pretty sure there plan will be to drag it on until the natural death rate falls next spring or summer and then they will use this to claim victory. Then ask everyone to pay them back for saving them by raising max income tax to 60%, VAT to 25% and the retirement age to 80. At least those on 60% PC won't feel so bad then
Korattt

alexmr2 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:16 am
I have had coronavirus symptoms for 1 week now
get well soon 👍🏻

Return to “General discussion”