Shared stored value problem - win/place markets

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
weemac

Using version 1.55.0 on fastest refresh, I've stored a (shared) value against a horse in the win market, but after automating Guardian to place a bet in the related place market in relation to that stored value being set, no bets were placed and the log has no info other than market suspended/unsuspended/in-play.

Any ideas why?
Dallas

Was the Stored Value set on the 'Event'?
weemac

No, I did originally do that but changed it to 'selection only' because I figured that'd be the only way Guardian would know which horse to back. Should it be on both event AND selection?
Dallas

weemac wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:59 pm
No, I did originally do that but changed it to 'selection only' because I figured that'd be the only way Guardian would know which horse to back. Should it be on both event AND selection?
It needs to be on the 'Event' to pass it to another market (shared just means it can be used on the same market on the one-click/ladder screen or another rule/servant).

I've posted some example files here on how to ensure the correct runner is bet on when passing values between markets which you should be able to adapt to what you want, there is also an image a few posts down the page to help visualise how it works
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=17026&start=16
weemac

Thanks Dallas - I see that thread is about using nominated selections, but I'm not. I can have several selections per race, all using different strategies, so I place tiny bets (1 penny, 2p, 3p etc., depending on the strategy) at 1000, set signals against them, then store shared values against them, and then cancel the tiny bets. The idea is to lump all strategies into one rule and apply that rule to win/place markets with signals (or more accurately, the subsequent shared stored values) telling Guardian which strategies to apply to which selections.

It saves having to open many instances of BA and faff about loading markets, manually nominating selections and allocating multiple rules to these - very time consuming. Is my plan not do-able then, i.e. simply by setting shared stored values for both the event and the selections as I've described without nominating them individually?
Dallas

weemac wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:29 pm
Thanks Dallas - I see that thread is about using nominated selections, but I'm not. I can have several selections per race, all using different strategies, so I place tiny bets (1 penny, 2p, 3p etc., depending on the strategy) at 1000, set signals against them, then store shared values against them, and then cancel the tiny bets. The idea is to lump all strategies into one rule and apply that rule to win/place markets with signals (or more accurately, the subsequent shared stored values) telling Guardian which strategies to apply to which selections.

It saves having to open many instances of BA and faff about loading markets, manually nominating selections and allocating multiple rules to these - very time consuming. Is my plan not do-able then, i.e. simply by setting shared stored values for both the event and the selections as I've described without nominating them individually?
OK i see what you mean, passing SV from selections to there counter parts in other markets within the event isn't something that's possible in this way yet.
It is on the dev teams list to look at a simplified way to pass a Stored value from a selection in market 'A' to the same selection in market 'B' or any other specified selection but its not a straightforward job to implement so can't say if/when it will be added in a future update
weemac

Thanks for getting back to me, Dallas. If the abilty to utilise imported text (or CSV) lists of selections was available, then I presume win/place linking of SVs would be easy enough. And multiple instances of BA would be reduced whilst getting around the 'two selections' limitation of the current nominated selections feature.

In the meantime, my 'penny bets' method works well for win markets to implement multiple strategies per race within just one instance of BA.
firlandsfarm

I've tried to do this before initially thinking the same as you weemac but as Dallas says BA is not ready for this yet. You can pass the SV by having SV's of Selection1Value, Selection2Value, Selection3Value etc. for The Event and then have the Place market pick those up but there is no guarantee that Selection1 in the Win market will be the same selection in the Place market! One (maybe easy way) around this would be to have the facility on the General tab to sort Selections alphabetically ... how about it Dallas? :)

BTW it is possible with Excel and that's been my workaround. I have a 2 worksheet version of Excel one for the Win market and one for the Place market. I find by loading Guardian with Win markets first and Place markets second the Win market is always listed first for an event but to be safe each worksheet checks for the inclusion (or not) of "Place" in the market title. You then perform your calculations and synchronise them using "VLookup". I use "autobind" to move the linking down the list but I only want the worksheets to be active for 1 minute before the race so there is little chance of 'confusion' by two races overlapping. Could be a problem though if using in-running.

I find Excel is best for manipulation of information but Guardian is best for placing the bets and would love to be able to have Guardian take values from my Excel sheets and use them to place the bets but whenever I thought I was following the Guide it never worked for me. Clearly I was doing something wrong but couldn't fathom what! :(
weemac

Yes, an alphabetical sort would help, but assuming there's a delay involved between betfair withdrawing a particular selection from both the win and place markets, the two markets would be out of sync for a time, which could cause erroneous activity within Gurdian.

Other than that Excel would be the way forward, but I'm just not wanting to go down that route - my PC's got enough on its plate just managing my open workbooks as it is!
firlandsfarm

weemac wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:20 pm
Yes, an alphabetical sort would help, but assuming there's a delay involved between betfair withdrawing a particular selection from both the win and place markets, the two markets would be out of sync for a time, which could cause erroneous activity within Gurdian.
Yes good point but I assume the markets are suspended when a non-runner is declared so you could probably include some form of suspended/unsuspended rule to counter that.
Atho55

Thinking aloud, is the Runner ID No found on the Promo sheets the same for both the Win & Place markets. Being able to save that as an SV if so would pinpoint the same runner in both events.

Creating a SV Condition like SVxx for Event 1 = SVxx for Event 2 could potentially bridge the 2 markets
weemac

Good idea. Just checked, and the IDs are the same.
firlandsfarm

Atho55 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:19 pm
Thinking aloud, is the Runner ID No found on the Promo sheets the same for both the Win & Place markets. Being able to save that as an SV if so would pinpoint the same runner in both events.

Creating a SV Condition like SVxx for Event 1 = SVxx for Event 2 could potentially bridge the 2 markets
Sounds good Atho, well done. Will have a look later.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”