Aussie racing pics

The sport of kings.
TipTopTrader

oh ok thanks for info.
spreadbetting

Thanks for that, hopefully the authorities will start to look into the unfair advantage some seem to have. Luckily the Aus authorities take it more seriously than the useless UK counterparts. The 7 seconds mentioned doesn't surprise me at all.
Trader23

Great News- it was discussed in this thread very in depth and hopefully the in play markets can return to the "normal" of 6 months ago.
JA89

Didn't expect the main stream media to pick up on this story. Reasonably well written too considering the relatively obscure content.

No comment from Betfair isn't a great look. I'm pretty sure Paddy Power and Crown employees are working remotely now so wouldn't be a stretch to see them have a couple of mates crowded around a second monitor while they are managing markets. No one would ever know. In hindsight Betfair getting their hands on the real time feed is the worst thing that could have happened. Don't think the in-play will ever recover now. I spoke to a mate who is a tracksider at the Sydney tracks and even he's given it up. Said he barely makes enough to cover the petrol to get there now.
abgespaced

Fascinating thread. Though I have only read the last 3 pages I can totally relate.

I have been trading in-play for around 3 months or so, but this last month has been really tough. This makes a lot of sense now.

I can confirm that the Betfair start time is 2-3 seconds behind live. It also used to be easy to pick up a couple of dollars here and there but lately it just seems impossible. To the point that I have given up.

I hope that Betfair realises they are losing a good portion of their in-play clients to this and puts a stop to it. The in-play money will dry up and so will their commissions if TAB or whoever is allowed to continue dominating.

Either give us access to the live feed or go down with the rest of the defunct bookies. If you want the fair market that you preach, make it fair. It will be better for everybody.
kascello

scalp wars? all I can see
Lutruwita

They are very good this week. I'd found the previous couple of weeks a bit easier, but the fast picture guys have lifted. I keep betting too late in the straight. Old habits die hard.
abgespaced

Starting a syndicate to purchase this technology. Who wants in? :lol:
Heisenberg

abgespaced wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:54 am
I know someone who offered Sky well into the 6 figure range a year or so ago and they got laughed at.
Wildly

Heisenberg wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:10 am
abgespaced wrote:
I know someone who offered Sky well into the 6 figure range a year or so ago and they got laughed at.
With what has happened to the markets your somebody should be glad their offer was refused.
The markets have been reduced to those with the fast pics betting at very short prices late in the race and some layers figuring the fast pic folk will get it wrong occasionally.
Heisenberg

Wildly wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:25 am
Heisenberg wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:10 am
abgespaced wrote:
With what has happened to the markets your somebody should be glad their offer was refused.
The markets have been reduced to those with the fast pics betting at very short prices late in the race and some layers figuring the fast pic folk will get it wrong occasionally.
Yes, was definitely a blessing in disguise.

The flip side is that whoever has the fast pics is dead set hopeless at race reading but it's pretty much impossible to lose with that sort of advantage. The $1.01 layers at the front of the queue must think all of their Christmases have come at once however.
abgespaced

Until they figure out a way to automate their betting with the live pictures, I'm confident there will be enough human error to provide value for some time to come.
spreadbetting

TPD provide data ahead of the pictures but not sure if that's available or used for AUS racing.

Edit: just checked the courses and only UK and US for now http://www.totalperformancedata.com/
abgespaced

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:53 am
TPD provide data ahead of the pictures but not sure if that's available or used for AUS racing.

Edit: just checked the courses and only UK and US for now http://www.totalperformancedata.com/
Fascinating. That must be a huge edge for those of you in the UK. If you can afford it of course. I wonder what impact that would have here in Aus if it was introduced. No doubt it would be monopolised by the elite.
EDIT: Just realised they probably have something like this here already because you see the position of the runners in the overlay. Like the low-latency video feed, wouldn't be hard to flog it off to the highest bidder.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”