SMS, Whatsapp, Email - Alerts possible ?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
scesc

Not quite sure where to put this question, but does anyone know of anything that could automate some kind of alert, either from within Bet Angel or Betfair that would maybe send an email, or a message of some kind. Due to having a regular 9-5 office job, I find myself nipping into the gents a bit too frequently to either log into Betfair, or to remote in to my home PC to see how my automation is doing. At the moment it's not a big deal because these are micro bets and I could easily wait until I get home, but curiosity always gets the better of me.
Basic information such as Betfair balance, or most recent profit/loss would be good.
Euler

We have considered something like this but haven't found a suitable solution as yet. We found one last year but as soon as we started testing it, it was closed down as they didn't want it to be used 'to encouraging gambling' sheesh....
scesc

Thanks. Actually I wonder if a reasonably simple windows macro could be used on the remote machine that's running Bet Angel.
Have Betfair open. Click the balance refresh. Use a snip type tool to capture the balance, and send to myself via an email. It all sounds very clunky, but I guess may work.
If the sun wasn't shining today I'd investigate. Maybe this is a task for one evening this week.
spreadbetting

I'm sure you can send emails from excel/MS office using VBA. Not sure what details BA sends to excel but it should be easy enough to automate an email to send the data from a sheet either at set times or when events occur like races suspending/changing
scesc

Yes, the Excel VB would be good. For now I have just loaded some freeware called TinyTask as a macro recorder. Works ok. I just tried it with the Betfair home page open (and logged in). Macro performs a balance refresh, opens up windows snip, takes a small snip of screen where balance shows. Clicks on new email in outlook, fills out details, pastes screenshot and sends. Closes windows snip. Then I left it recording doing nothing for 14 mins. I can then set it to repeat this about 36 times, which should cover me for the day. At least for now it satisfies my curiosity in knowing how things are going while I'm at work.
marksmeets302

I like NotifyMyAndroid for these things. I'm sure you can tie it to excel etc.
makkad

Resurrected this thread as 4 years have passed since the last post. Technology must have moved on in the last 4 years. There should be a solution out there by now.

I was thinking of perhaps an alert being pushed through from BA onto my integrated excel spreadsheet - from which I could generate an alert of my own. Still a bit clunky though
spreadbetting

I have emails sent to me via an excel sheet. Just a simple VBA script that sends me a balance and breakdown of results copied from a worksheet, also seends error alerts.

Here's a simple email script you'd call with Call sendErrorMail as long as you have outlook running on the PC too

Code: Select all

Sub sendErrorMail()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
On Error Resume Next

Dim Email_Subject, Email_Send_From, Email_Send_To, _
Email_Cc, Email_Bcc, Email_Body As String
Dim Mail_Object, Mail_Single As Variant
Email_Subject = time() & " Error with  markets"
Email_Send_From = "[email protected]"
Email_Send_To = "[email protected]"
Email_Body = ' here you add whatever string you wish for the body

On Error GoTo debugs
Set Mail_Object = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set Mail_Single = Mail_Object.CreateItem(0)
With Mail_Single
.Subject = Email_Subject
.To = Email_Send_To
.cc = Email_Cc
.BCC = Email_Bcc
.Body = Email_Body
.send
End With
debugs:
If Err.Description <> "" Then MsgBox Err.Description
End Sub
sniffer66

I sound a bit like a broken record but Auto-It would do it. Set your automation to popup an alert at required times, scrape the website or copy your logfile and mail it
wasp

As above and their are add-ins for excel that can send text messages. Look in Excel -> File -> Options -> Add Ins
eightbo

SBs VBA code seems most suitable.

Worth noting that you can run Chrome's remote desktop app on your phone 24/7 in the background and have the audio cues come through (as if you've received a text) using using BA's standard alert automation rule. No silent/vibrate option for this but great flexibility for checking/managing the position on the move if you can't be at the PC.
shown

I can't say for sure because I haven't used it
But I read somewhere that this gb WhatsApp app has a feature that can help you create a schedule to receive messages notifications.

But when I researched more about it, I found an related site of this app which gives complete information about this app.
And this information shows that this is a modified version of WhatsApp that has been created by modifying the WhatsApp script.
In which case this feature has been inserted to this app.
shown

shown wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:41 am
I can't say for sure because I haven't used it
But I read somewhere that this gb WhatsApp app has a feature that can help you create a schedule to receive messages notifications.

But when I researched more about it, I found an related site of this app which gives complete information about this app.
And this information shows that this is a modified version of WhatsApp that has been created by modifying the WhatsApp script.
In which case this feature has been inserted to this app.
hi sorry I forgot app info you can check
Mujan

The VBA script shared above worked well for the emails. But, isn't there a more direct way to receive alerts? GBWhatsApp APK
ODPaul82

Mujan wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:34 am
The VBA script shared above worked well for the emails. But, isn't there a more direct way to receive alerts? GBWhatsApp APK
BA doesn't have it built in.

You could transmit messages to Telegram through whichever programming language is your preferred poison.
https://core.telegram.org/bots/api

It's HTTP based so pretty simple in any language to send something.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”