Lay the 1st Set Winner Guardian Automation Bot for Tennis

Dallas

lotora wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:00 am
Hey Dallas!

Wouldn't it be better to change "Selection (conditions only)" from "in position 1 (sorted in order of favouritism)" to rather "in row 1 (betfair order)"?
There are no conditions on that rule so wouldn't matter what you used in that box, so it's just been left on the default option
billbo001

Hi guys,
im just trying to sus out my automation rule. i wont to Lay the winner of the 1st set and then back the opponent. only when they have won 5 games each, so its a close match. then green up when hitting at £7. i have attached my file, if somebody could give me a hand. it lays correctly then doesnt back, which is rather annoying. greens up fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billbo001

HI DALLAS,
PLEASE COULD YOU TELL ME IF THIS IS POSSIBLE? CHEERS WILL
Dallas

billbo001 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:14 am
HI DALLAS,
PLEASE COULD YOU TELL ME IF THIS IS POSSIBLE? CHEERS WILL
See your other thread
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=20705
TraderAaron

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for this file! I’ve been using this automation to good effect, tweaked slightly to use signals to delay the bets and to do different things depending on whether it’s the fav or the dog that wins the first set. I would like to tweak it a little further to hopefully make more profit.

Basically rather than greening all I would like to create a free bet on the fav.

So my thinking is, if the fav wins the first set, more often than not, they win the second too, but they might get broken along the way and break back etc.

I can do this cause it’s easy, place a £10 lay on the fav at fixed odds of 1.61 (to limit liability) if they win first set, place a £10 back on the fav at best market price if they get broken in the second. The profit stays on the fav.

If the dog wins the first set, more often than not, the fav tries to get back into the game and if successful, goes on to win the match thanks to the momentum shift. I’m struggling with this side. Here’s what I’ve got.

Place a £10 lay on the dog at fixed odds of 1.61 (to limit liability) if they win the first set, place a £4 back on the dog at best market price if they get broken to remove liability. Then at the end of the second set, if they lose, place a £6 back on the dog at best market price. This gives me a free bet on the dog.

How would I go about transferring the free bet to the fav via automation?

Cheers, Aaron.
Dallas

TraderAaron wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:56 am
Hi Dallas,

Thanks for this file! I’ve been using this automation to good effect, tweaked slightly to use signals to delay the bets and to do different things depending on whether it’s the fav or the dog that wins the first set. I would like to tweak it a little further to hopefully make more profit.

Basically rather than greening all I would like to create a free bet on the fav.

So my thinking is, if the fav wins the first set, more often than not, they win the second too, but they might get broken along the way and break back etc.

I can do this cause it’s easy, place a £10 lay on the fav at fixed odds of 1.61 (to limit liability) if they win first set, place a £10 back on the fav at best market price if they get broken in the second. The profit stays on the fav.

If the dog wins the first set, more often than not, the fav tries to get back into the game and if successful, goes on to win the match thanks to the momentum shift. I’m struggling with this side. Here’s what I’ve got.

Place a £10 lay on the dog at fixed odds of 1.61 (to limit liability) if they win the first set, place a £4 back on the dog at best market price if they get broken to remove liability. Then at the end of the second set, if they lose, place a £6 back on the dog at best market price. This gives me a free bet on the dog.

How would I go about transferring the free bet to the fav via automation?

Cheers, Aaron.
Assuming you are referring to the pre-match fav/dog in the above scenario
At the start of the third set trigger a 'Set/Modify stored value rule' applied to the dog, and on the Stored value tab of that rule store the value of the selections P/L (give it any name of your choice)

Then for your back bet rule on the fav using the staking method
'By liability using stored value stake'
and enter the stored value name from your previous rule
TraderAaron

Thanks a lot Dallas! I had just worked this out for myself and come on to ask if it would work.
Looking forward to trying it out. Thanks again!
TraderAaron

It didn't trigger first time but it was my fault, i stored the value to the current selection and tried to pull it from the market :roll:

However, i've been thinking. The dog profit on the one it didn't fire on was 7.22.
If i want to transfer that to the favourite as a free bet, I could either,

Place a back bet on the favourite fixed to the stored value amount rather than 'by liability'.
OR
Place a lay bet on the dog 'by liability using Stored Value Stake'

Right?

I tried to place the back bet manually as you suggested by liability and it gave me a nasty red on the dog... definitely not a free bet.
Dallas

TraderAaron wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:04 pm
It didn't trigger first time but it was my fault, i stored the value to the current selection and tried to pull it from the market :roll:

However, i've been thinking. The dog profit on the one it didn't fire on was 7.22.
If i want to transfer that to the favourite as a free bet, I could either,

Place a back bet on the favourite fixed to the stored value amount rather than 'by liability'.
OR

Right?

I tried to place the back bet manually as you suggested by liability and it gave me a nasty red on the dog... definitely not a free bet.
What you said below is correct
OR

I'd put it the wrong way around in my earlier message :oops:
TraderAaron

No drama, it may have been expensive if it had triggered and id been afk. As it happens it would have won. Anyway, solved now thank you!
TraderAaron

Hi Dallas (or anyone willing to help),

Can you see from my screenshot any reason why the below rule didn't trigger?

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

TraderAaron wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:37 pm
Hi Dallas (or anyone willing to help),

Can you see from my screenshot any reason why the below rule didn't trigger?

Cheers.
sure... my gut feel is that your lay bet MATCHED = £10 is what's causing the issue. if you are laying by liability, then depending on the odds, this ££ figure could be literally anything. no pun intended, but your best bet would be to set a lay bets NUMBER > xxx bets or use a LIABILITY ££ > than ££XX. that way, you don't need a very perfect and exact match...

that said, i've been known to misread many a scenario :D
TraderAaron

Thanks for the reply!
I'm not laying by liability though. Its just a standard lay bet and it got matched as soon as it entered the market. The Lay bets matched was equal to £10 at the time.
That said, it can't hurt to change this to greater than 9.90 and give it a whirl.
jimibt

TraderAaron wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:54 pm
Thanks for the reply!
I'm not laying by liability though. Its just a standard lay bet and it got matched as soon as it entered the market. The Lay bets matched was equal to £10 at the time.
That said, it can't hurt to change this to greater than 9.90 and give it a whirl.
sounds like a plan... also, if it were me (and it's not!), I'd lay by liability as it's not beyond the realms of fantasy that your bet could get taken at ANY price in a volatile market!! this could literally mean placing £xxx fixed stake on odds that you'd never dream of taking. my mantra is to always place lay bets on liability for this reason - it only takes ONE!!
TraderAaron

Thanks for the advice. The lay bet for this strategy places at fixed odds of 1.61 as that’s the highest liability I’m willing to accept. This particular bet matched at 1.15 and would have made a nice little profit had this second rule triggered at ~1.58. I had my eye on it and I did manage to grab a smaller profit when I noticed it hadn’t triggered.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Tennis”