Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:43 am
Jukebox wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:56 pm
I wonder When they calculate that they have a high contact failure rate with Test Track and Trace are they factoring in that the very people they're trying to contact almost by definition must include a large proportion of people who are by now infected and possibly in hospital or worse.
TT&T does nothing for me, literally ... my phone is too old! Why produce a TT&T app for the nation that only works for those who have (can afford) the most recent phones? I guess the designers have taken shares in the phone manufacturers!
My phone's only two years old (I know some people would think that's ancient) and it's not compatible with either T&T or the Wetherspoons app!
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:12 pm
My phone's only two years old (I know some people would think that's ancient) and it's not compatible with either T&T or the Wetherspoons app!
Sorry to hear about Wetherspoons
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
firlandsfarm wrote:
Jukebox wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:56 pm
I wonder When they calculate that they have a high contact failure rate with Test Track and Trace are they factoring in that the very people they're trying to contact almost by definition must include a large proportion of people who are by now infected and possibly in hospital or worse.
TT&T does nothing for me, literally ... my phone is too old! Why produce a TT&T app for the nation that only works for those who have (can afford) the most recent phones? I guess the designers have taken shares in the phone manufacturers!
Are you Apple or Android? Android 6.0 has been around for a lot longer than 2 years.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:06 pm
Derek27 wrote:
firlandsfarm wrote:

Are you Apple or Android? Android 6.0 has been around for a lot longer than 2 years.
Actually it's probably 3 years old. I've got Android 5.1.1 and never got round to downloading the software update. Do you think upgrading the OS might solve the problem? I'm not fussed about T&T but I'd like to be able to summon a bird to my table at Wetherspoons when it opens again. :)
spreadbetting

I think firlands and Derek have Doro phones by the sounds of it, greenmark.
jimibt

greenmark wrote:
i seem to rmbr he mentioned that he was using this one:

Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:41 pm
I really struggle to understand why people replace their phone every year. If it's no longer compatible with several apps or usages fair enough. I wouldn't by a new one to save myself the trouble of walking to the bar.
Derek27

Frontpage of one of the tabloids, can't remember which; dogs have to be kept six feet apart and cats must be kepted indoors. :lol:
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:45 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
I really struggle to understand why people replace their phone every year. If it's no longer compatible with several apps or usages fair enough. I wouldn't by a new one to save myself the trouble of walking to the bar.
Thanks to the next president market I treated myself to an iphone 12. Can't say I'm happy they've gotten rid of the finger print unlock in favour of a face ID scan. I see enough of my face in the mirror don't need to see it every time I unlock my phone
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:52 pm
Derek27 wrote:
spreadbetting wrote:
Thanks to the next president market I treated myself to an iphone 12. Can't say I'm happy they've gotten rid of the finger print unlock in favour of a face ID scan. I see enough of my face in the mirror don't need to see it every time I unlock my phone
Wait until it's settled, it might be voided. ;)
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:59 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:52 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Wait until it's settled, it might be voided. ;)
:lol:
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
firlandsfarm wrote:

Apple iPhone 6 ... works fine (other than TT&T). Shop told me the TT&T app expects minimum of 64GB phone!!
firlandsfarm

spreadbetting wrote:
SB, are you a phone snob?!! :shock: my phone works fine for everything except an app that was designed for snobs and the phone manufacturers! I don't believe in throwing something away just because it's not fashionable. My old winkle pickers came back into fashion ... I knew they would!! :D But never expect them to be followed by chisels. Somebody should tell the fashionistas of today they are 60 years out of date! :lol: :lol:
greenmark

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:00 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Apple iPhone 6 ... works fine (other than TT&T). Shop told me the TT&T app expects minimum of 64GB phone!!
OK. Perhaps I'm confused. (Wouldn't be the 1st time). I was referrig to the nhs covid tracking app, which notifies you if you've been in proximity with an infected person. TT&T may have different requirements. In fact, I don't even know what TT&T is (apart from the basic concept). I mean what does TT&T mean to me, in terms of what I'm supposed to do, download, or whatever.
Actually, don't answer that. I'll Google it :-).
superfrank

Restaurants and gyms acted as "superspreading" sites for COVID-19 transmission last spring, accounting for the majority of new infections in large U.S. cities, according to a new study.
https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-su ... rants.html

Expect the government to launch a Workout to Help Out scheme next month.

Return to “General discussion”