Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Jim Royle

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:57 pm
Trade of the week probably.

Samoot_35625357_16_18_04.png
Well that didnt last long ( wish i could upload images ) as bushypark blokws it out of the water
eightbo

Got stopped out on the day (fairly early on too) after a PB day yesterday.

1st time after 3 weeks in-running. No noticeable discomfort - a good sign.
Execution seemed fairly alright today yet still left wondering if 1 led to the other.
Leaning toward coincidence as no evidence otherwise while on lookout for this in future.

Adjusted journal to display a notification when >50% to daily stop (have P&L hidden), where I'll tighten up selectivity til back to <50% to give myself a better chance at trading all markets in the day while still managing downside each day.

V. happy overall with IR markets.
Really feels like I've found my home in-running after a long, uncertain pilgrimage.
Tetras

eightbo wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:25 pm
Got stopped out on the day (fairly early on too) after a PB day yesterday.

1st time after 3 weeks in-running. No noticeable discomfort - a good sign.
Execution seemed fairly alright today yet still left wondering if 1 led to the other.
Leaning toward coincidence as no evidence otherwise while on lookout for this in future.

Adjusted journal to display a notification when >50% to daily stop (have P&L hidden), where I'll tighten up selectivity til back to <50% to give myself a better chance at trading all markets in the day while still managing downside each day.

V. happy overall with IR markets.
Really feels like I've found my home in-running after a long, uncertain pilgrimage.
Didn't seem like there was anything especially unusual today, except for the shorties at Hexham getting backed-in, particularly the last three races.
eightbo

yeah mkt conditions not a factor just natural variance of my strategy
firlandsfarm

Not a "today" feature as over a month old but what a ballsie ride! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhGnOymjK-Q
arbitrage16

Any way to get the RTV betfair pictures through firefox/chrome to full screen? Even at 300% zoomed in it's still not ideal...
NickH

Can't get a single race right today it seems :?
Jim Royle

NickH wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:44 pm
they have started streaming majority of races on racing post app presume its on desktop site as well this may help you out
Jim Royle

Jim Royle wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:54 pm
NickH wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:44 pm
they have started streaming majority of races on racing post app presume its on desktop site as well this may help you out
sorry just re read your post and thought you were concerned about streaming , i was concentrating on the post above yours too much :lol:
NickH

Haha no worries! :D
eightbo

Been lots of shorties to trade today, ideal
eightbo

All pile on at chelmers

◘.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eightbo

anyone know a way to prevent my log getting spammed with these errors from fill or kill bets after a race finishes ?
(suspended mkt with unmatched bets still offered)

Code: Select all

20/11/2020 15:46:49: [G_Auto] :  WARNING: The Betfair API was unable to process the bet cancellation request.  Second attempt activated.
goat68

On days like today when previous race is finishing 1-2mins before the next, do you suggest just waiting for a market where there is a bigger gap, or do you monitor volume and if it's coming in at a decent rate even though previous race has not finished but should be good enough to trade?
Say £500 per sec?
Euler

I tend to pick and choose my targets, skipping quite a few races.

I always wait for adequate money to come into the market as that allows me to dump a bad position quickly if required.

It's a tricky day today, but the feature at Haydock is a key target for me.

In terms of days I like, I would rate this a 3/10

Return to “Trading Horse racing”