US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Derek27

superfrank wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:00 pm
Why are British people so concerned with gun controls in America? It's got nothing to do with you!

I wish we had the right to bear arms in the UK.

When the shtf in America at least people will have a chance to defend themselves.

The only people who have guns here are criminals and the state, and I don't trust either.
If you don't have a gun you can always resort to acid-throwing. :roll:
jamesg46

greenmark wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:52 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:23 pm
Most houses in the UK have weapons dont they? I hear stories about woman and their bullet thing all the time... I've never seen one but they must exist.
Most households in the world (if not every) have weapons.
Killing someone with a gun is easy. A twitch of the finger.
I must say I also have a deep dislike of the concept that guns are sexy, cool and desirable.
They aren't. At best they are tools of the trade. Thieves, armed police, soldiers, game-keepers, farmers, professional cullers. Who the hell else needs a gun? I worked with 2 guys that had guns. One came into work with it after a dispute with management. The other at a party he hosted took one out of its cabinet, put it in his mouth and pulled the trigger. To prove how diligent he was about owning his guns.
I'm not sure how you took my post but it was supposed to be intended as a joke about womans sex toys....
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:23 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:03 pm
God damn!!!!!

https://twitter.com/MeliMels99/status/1 ... 47232?s=19
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now we know how he took out the mob :lol:
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:42 pm
greenmark wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:23 pm
Most houses in the UK have weapons dont they? I hear stories about woman and their bullet thing all the time... I've never seen one but they must exist.
I must say I also have a deep dislike of the concept that guns are sexy, cool and desirable.
They aren't. At best they are tools of the trade. Thieves, armed police, soldiers, game-keepers, farmers, professional cullers. Who the hell else needs a gun? I worked with 2 guys that had guns. One came into work with it after a dispute with management. The other at a party he hosted took one out of its cabinet, put it in his mouth and pulled the trigger. To prove how diligent he was about owning his guns.
I'm not sure how you took my post but it was supposed to be intended as a joke about womans sex toys....
It's not just women that have them. Blokes insert them into their sex dolls, so I'm told. :)
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:49 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:42 pm
greenmark wrote:

It's not just women that have them. Blokes insert them into their sex dolls, so I'm told. :)
So you're told? On which forum :lol: ;)
Derek27

Euler wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:13 am
Pence got slaughtered last night: -

https://www.businessinsider.com/reporte ... ?r=US&IR=T
Trump refused questions, as he did last time. The press shouldn't bother turning up and giving him propaganda time if he's going to snub them. On the other hand, if he is going to answer questions he'd be better off not turning up. :lol:
Euler

Derek27

Ruby Giuliani's son Andrew tests positive. Surprised Rudy hasn't yet, given the way he was sweating and his poor hygiene.
Euler

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:03 pm
Ruby Giuliani's son Andrew tests positive. Surprised Rudy hasn't yet, given the way he was sweating and his poor hygiene.
When I saw him sweating up, that was my first thought.
jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:55 pm
Trump concedes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8pGE1 ... u.be&t=345
:lol: You had me.... I clicked on that with pure belief!
Archery1969

I been reading an article on how Trump could still be president, it's slim but not impossible:

Don't shoot the messenger but here's what he may hope to do:

1. Block the vote-certification process in as many states as possible, either through lawsuits or by encouraging Republican officials to object.

2. Convince Republican-controlled legislatures in states Biden narrowly won to dismiss the results of the popular vote as corrupted by widespread fraud.

3. Have the legislature then award their state's Electoral College votes, which are cast by "electors" on 14 December, to Trump instead of Biden.

4. Do that in enough states - Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania, for instance - to pull Trump from his current total of 232 electoral votes past the winning 269-vote mark.

5. Even pulling Biden from 306 votes might work, because then the election would be decided in the House of Representatives, where even though it's controlled by the Democrats, Trump would have an advantage due to some arcane rules.

He's applying pressure to people who can potentially change who the states pick for president.

When Americans vote in a presidential election, they are actually voting in a state contest, not a national one. They are voting for state electors who will then cast one vote each for president. These electors usually follow the will of the electorate - in Michigan, for instance, they should all vote for Joe Biden because he won the state.

On Monday, a state canvassing board made up of two Republicans and two Democrats is due to meet to count the votes and officially confirm the 16 electors' votes going to Biden.

The first hint that Trump was applying pressure to individual states to disregard their current vote totals came following reports that he had called Republican officials who had initially refused to certify the election results from Detroit, Michigan's largest city.

That two low-level party officials, among thousands of county canvassers across the US, would speak directly to a US president was more than just a little unusual. They ultimately reversed their decision to block the proceedings - and then, after Trump's call, expressed regret for reversing themselves.

Those hints became clear evidence of intent when the Republican leaders in the Michigan legislature accepted a presidential invitation to visit the White House on Friday.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:55 pm
Trump concedes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao8pGE1 ... u.be&t=345
Get the partyyyyy started....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1329400582629683201
Derek27

Cornelia got the opportunity to ask Rudy a question and wasted it - she should have asked him what's running down his cheeks. :lol:
Archery1969

Trump could actually pull this off if Republican state electors vote for him instead of Biden. It would ofcourse piss off allot of voters and throw the constitution into termoil but I dont think he is worried about that.

Betfair need to setup a new market...
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:04 am
Trump could actually pull this off if Republican state electors vote for him instead of Biden. It would ofcourse piss off allot of voters and throw the constitution into termoil but I dont think he is worried about that.

Betfair need to setup a new market...
If you've got a bet on Trump you really need to find a wider audience to spread uncertainty. :lol:

There's no serious chance of that. Even Republican politicians are getting sick of him and are finding it increasingly difficult to support his allegations, coupled with the fear of a backlash and riots on the streets all over America - it won't happen!

Return to “Political betting & arguing”