Race start delays - adjust automation to actual in-play?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
paspuggie48

Any way to account for races that are delayed, especially for US & Oz races?

My automation misses quite a lot of selections because the rule triggers are based on a price condition and 20 secs before In-Play, however some races can be delayed by 'n' minutes (USA races can be half hour late).

I did accommodate by adding a minimum Market Volume condition, so it 'indicated' it was a typical volume before the off but that has also had it's scary moments when the bot picked a horse @ 980.00 (thank god it lost).

I don't want to take a price as soon as it goes in-play because US & Oz races are notorious for huge prices above BSP.

Has this been muted before with any other solutions?
Anbell

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:30 am
Any way to account for races that are delayed, especially for US & Oz races?

My automation misses quite a lot of selections because the rule triggers are based on a price condition and 20 secs before In-Play, however some races can be delayed by 'n' minutes (USA races can be half hour late).

I did accommodate by adding a minimum Market Volume condition, so it 'indicated' it was a typical volume before the off but that has also had it's scary moments when the bot picked a horse @ 980.00 (thank god it lost).

I don't want to take a price as soon as it goes in-play because US & Oz races are notorious for huge prices above BSP.

Has this been muted before with any other solutions?
Its difficult.

With the US you can use mkt % indicators, as the spread closes as the race approaches.

You can also have a maximum lay price that you want to take.
paspuggie48

Thank you Anbell ;)
paspuggie48

A possible work-around I applied last night was to add

"until 30 mins 'after event start time" AND a condition that the market is "NOT In-play"

I had a Live Guardian open (the original setting) and a Practice Guardian open (with the above settings) and the practice mode captured nearly every selection, which the original rule didn't. The practice mode did not trade any selections once in-play.

Early days, so we'll see.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”