Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Trader Pat

Somebody at Lingfield needs a kick in the backside, 2 mins past post time and they're walking around in circles
goat68

Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:19 pm
I tend to pick and choose my targets, skipping quite a few races.

I always wait for adequate money to come into the market as that allows me to dump a bad position quickly if required.

It's a tricky day today, but the feature at Haydock is a key target for me.

In terms of days I like, I would rate this a 3/10
Thanks Euler, I've not done much today as a result, which I think is good! I'm trying to understand the money coming in at 5-3mins, which means hardly any today! Even then doesn't give much time to get a trade in from 3mins...
wilf

goat68 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:35 pm

Thanks Euler, I've not done much today as a result, which I think is good! I'm trying to understand the money coming in at 5-3mins, which means hardly any today! Even then doesn't give much time to get a trade in from 3mins...
3 Mins is plenty of time to trade. Infact it's a good time as the genuine money should be flowing in, but when the previous race finishes is an important factor.

Are the markets sticky for anyone else or is it just me? It feels sluggish, like delayed when putting money in the market Pre and inplay.
Trader Pat

wilf wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:57 pm
Are the markets sticky for anyone else or is it just me? It feels sluggish, like delayed when putting money in the market Pre and inplay.
Ok for me but they seem to be having some issues
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

OK here throughout the feature
Euler

There was a race where the API was a little sticky but generally been ok.
wilf

Thanks guys. I think it's a bit of both, Betfair and my connection.

That's it for me today anyway, I'm not a fan of the All weather markets.
eightbo

Anyone know of a "fast results" type page which shows winners in chronological order for the entire day ?
                                                                                          (most pages seem to only go back a few races)

PS API was def. sticky in multiple races IP throughout day. Nothing too crazy but not just you.
TraderFred

eightbo wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:00 pm
Anyone know of a "fast results" type page which shows winners in chronological order for the entire day ?
                                                                                          (most pages seem to only go back a few races)

PS API was def. sticky in multiple races IP throughout day. Nothing too crazy but not just you.
Racing post.com.

Go to racing post, menu, results. Then change the setting at the top from course to time, and that puts them in chronological order. Not sure if it’s as fast as sporting life, though it goes back the whole day.
spreadbetting

eightbo

Cheers guys. Both links much faster than what I've been doing.

Speed of results not important as need the list at the end of the day.

Still room for improvement if there's a site which can restrict to UK/IRE.
goat68

I'm in profit for a Saturday, first time ever!
eightbo

Congratsss.

Don't forget the day's not over until you've reviewed what went well & gone over possible improvements.
Grind that out if you haven't already then feet up and enjoy your evening 🍻
jamesg46

goat68 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:59 pm
Nice, great to hear! I took a whopper of a hit right out of the gates but thankfully turned it around by the end of the day. Congrats on breaking your profitable Saturday virginity :D
goat68

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:55 pm
goat68 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:59 pm
Nice, great to hear! I took a whopper of a hit right out of the gates but thankfully turned it around by the end of the day. Congrats on breaking your profitable Saturday virginity :D
Thanks, the one week in profit target next...

Return to “Trading Horse racing”