US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
jimibt

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:22 pm
Naffman wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:07 pm
The 'big spikes' that occurred in PA, Biden received 570,000 votes whilst Trump got 3,200 - Biden back out to 1.05
Trump team putting their case live now in Pennsylvania

https://www.c-span.org/video/?478422-1/ ... overturned
dang, there is no YAWN emoji!! :D
abgespaced

Trump will flip at least one of these states.

Smart move is to lay all 6 of them.

Strap yourselves in.
Derek27

abgespaced wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:02 am
Trump will flip at least one of these states.

Smart move is to lay all 6 of them.

Strap yourselves in.
:lol:
Zenyatta

*zenyatta groans*

Trump's price back in to 15s. What the heck do people have to do to finally get rid of this guy and settle the market? :evil:
Emmson

If the market isn't settled soon Trump will tweet a screenshot of it with a CAPS LOCK loaded message to accompany it. ;)
Naffman

Zenyatta wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:43 am
*zenyatta groans*

Trump's price back in to 15s. What the heck do people have to do to finally get rid of this guy and settle the market? :evil:
If BF settle now and Trump ends up being the eventual winner would you deposit your winnings and stake to cover the negative hole BF would have? They'd be chasing potentially tens of thousands of people whilst looking at a 9 figure loss.
gazuty

A bit of history on flipping the result.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/ ... ion-trump/

So long ago the NYT was republican.
megarain

https://www.docdroid.com/e3rhDCz/compla ... 252020-pdf

Georgia filing.

This might run a while - 1.07/8
jamesg46

Anyone confused over that move?

My theory (for what it's worth) is, the market is full of people who don't fully understand the complexity of the US Electoral system (me included) & are placing their bets with a conformation bias they're getting from 2 min biased news segments (works both ways.) Hardly anyone can be arsed to watch anything longer than a Tik Tok video.

I'm not saying Biden won't win (pom pom insurance) but I've always thought there is a bias in the market, left msm is way bigger than right.
sionascaig

Its all a bit bizarre - the lawsuit effectively says you can't trust the automated system as some Johnny Foreigners have been involved in the design however the "hand recount" matches the automated count so looks like it will be thrown out for lack of evidence..
jamesg46

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:29 am
Its all a bit bizarre - the lawsuit effectively says you can't trust the automated system as some Johnny Foreigners have been involved in the design however the "hand recount" matches the automated count so looks like it will be thrown out for lack of evidence..
There is a bit more to it than that. Each state set their own voting law. Pennsylvania law says that a Democrat & Republican should be able to verify the vote, Trumps team are arguing that they were not able to verify at least 650,000 votes in Pennsylvania and once the inner envelope is separated from the outer they can no longer go back and verify it. I think this is the route they're taking, that's why they've distanced from Sydney, she's running with a theory that the votes can be changed once in the system and that illegal ballots were dropped off in the dead of night and put into the system.

All seems crazy but we live in a Democracy and everyone is entitled to be heard and use the law if they feel wronged.

Whilst this is all going on its slowing down the certification of the states and "could" be a tactic in itself, trying to bypass the Electoral College and send the vote to the House of Representatives.

I suppose, nobody really knows anything for certain, if they did the market would be shut.
jamesedwards

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:21 am

My theory (for what it's worth) is, the market is full of people who don't fully understand the complexity of the US Electoral system (me included) & are placing their bets with a conformation bias they're getting from 2 min biased news segments (works both ways.) Hardly anyone can be arsed to watch anything longer than a Tik Tok video.

I'm not saying Biden won't win (pom pom insurance) but I've always thought there is a bias in the market, left msm is way bigger than right.
Probably not a coincidence that the explosion in SM alongside the shift in MSM priority (clicks over facts) has coincided with the run of unexpected election/referendum results. The public are far more right-wing than media would have us believe.
jamesg46

jameegray1 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:34 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:21 am

Probably not a coincidence that the explosion in SM alongside the shift in MSM priority (clicks over facts) has coincided with the run of unexpected election/referendum results. The public are far more right-wing than media would have us believe.
Yes, I agree. The problem that "we the people" face imo is the tribalism that exists within the "free and fair press" & also big tech, clicks over facts is good business it seems, but imo it's the cause of the bitterness within the devide.

Got to laugh a little "free & fair press" that is bought for the interests of feeding the narrative... rumours of Trump buying OAM and Bezos wanting to buy CNN suggests its anything but free and fair.
wabash

trump will win the court case

voter fraud is reality, the media wants Biden to win, but this guy cannot win any election.

fox news has become a globalist tool case,

I will speak for the teaparty we are onfident. Pennyslavania hearing were explosive, I cannot see how the supreme ourt can uphold these elections.

Trump won on tuesday and while america slept the democrats were busy rigging elections.

are giys buying the hype? the globalists hate trump, they thought they could contain and neutralise him.
jimibt

wabash wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:40 am
trump will win the court case

voter fraud is reality, the media wants Biden to win, but this guy cannot win any election.

fox news has become a globalist tool case,

I will speak for the teaparty we are onfident. Pennyslavania hearing were explosive, I cannot see how the supreme ourt can uphold these elections.

Trump won on tuesday and while america slept the democrats were busy rigging elections.

are giys buying the hype? the globalists hate trump, they thought they could contain and neutralise him.
against my better judgement, i'm not going to make ANY comment on the above... so tempting tho! :twisted:

Return to “Political betting & arguing”