Australian racing

The sport of kings.
eightbo

Jimbit if you got a money printer hop to it, you are here to make money no ? ;)
Last edited by eightbo on Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
eightbo

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:05 pm
Better shape than mine c3mnths (pre start, live)
Not too shabby my guy. There's a ton of value around in these markets so you should be pressing on from there over time ideally.
Are those results from botting Mon-Sun ?

Hopefully a better effort from me in tomorrow's session. Got the necessary adjustments ready just a case of executing.
Also noticed a correlation with how much sleep I get pre-session with poor results so gonna tire myself out as much as poss. tomorrow & see if I can get 3h/4.5h rather than the 30mins of late
Anbell

jimibt wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:50 pm
eightbo wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:49 am
ughhh... im out early again not going well for me stakes too big for the market giving away too many ticks exit, not patient enough for better levels too in the higher quality stuff

Last week
◘.png

this week
◘◘.png

now my Sat. AUS HR sucks and my other days are great my weekly results have done a flipflop.
weirdly, i have a different take on AUS. CAVEAT, the graph below is a 20 week snapshot of a strategy that I've developed for AUS IP that literally just should not work. Also, this is data from simulation, not Live. However, the bets placed are contextually put on as if live (and match what the market will bear), so should stand up in court.

the only reason this isn't live yet is because i'm very pedantic and have a real need to ensure that backtesting and live (/sim) equate... i think it's time :D

whao-aus.PNG

there have been 15 losing days total in the above, of which only 3 were consecutive.
Make It Rain
napshnap

jimibt wrote:
eightbo wrote:
ughhh... im out early again not going well for me stakes too big for the market giving away too many ticks exit, not patient enough for better levels too in the higher quality stuff

Last week
◘.png

this week
◘◘.png

now my Sat. AUS HR sucks and my other days are great my weekly results have done a flipflop.
weirdly, i have a different take on AUS. CAVEAT, the graph below is a 20 week snapshot of a strategy that I've developed for AUS IP that literally just should not work. Also, this is data from simulation, not Live. However, the bets placed are contextually put on as if live (and match what the market will bear), so should stand up in court.

the only reason this isn't live yet is because i'm very pedantic and have a real need to ensure that backtesting and live (/sim) equate... i think it's time :D

whao-aus.PNG

there have been 15 losing days total in the above, of which only 3 were consecutive.
Good luck with that, jimibt!
Anbell

jimibt wrote:
eightbo wrote:

Last week
◘.png

this week
◘◘.png

whao-aus.PNG

BTW - I understand the pedantic thing, and how you wanna get it *just right* - but why not run live, in parallel, for small$$ after week 1 or 5 or 10?
jimibt

Anbell wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:35 am
jimibt wrote:
eightbo wrote:

Last week
◘.png

this week
◘◘.png

whao-aus.PNG

BTW - I understand the pedantic thing, and how you wanna get it *just right* - but why not run live, in parallel, for small$$ after week 1 or 5 or 10?
you know what, that's prolly not too bad an idea!! as i said, it's one of those *this shouldn't be able to happen* type scenarios, so i guess some real money will put paid to the concern -one way or t'other!
sionascaig

eightbo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:34 am
sionascaig wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:05 pm
Better shape than mine c3mnths (pre start, live)
Not too shabby my guy. There's a ton of value around in these markets so you should be pressing on from there over time ideally.
Are those results from botting Mon-Sun ?

Hopefully a better effort from me in tomorrow's session. Got the necessary adjustments ready just a case of executing.
Also noticed a correlation with how much sleep I get pre-session with poor results so gonna tire myself out as much as poss. tomorrow & see if I can get 3h/4.5h rather than the 30mins of late
Yes, its over every day of the week... Bot only picks up a few markets a day on average though (none so far today)... Agree, there is defo value to be had... I run exactly the same bot on UK & IR markets and its returned a profit but been on a downwards trend over last couple of months. Both are SP based so not sure what (if anything) return of crowds will do but suspect more exposed on the AUS side for that..

Not brave enough for the in-play stuff - maybe one day !

Hope today went well for you )
jimibt

eightbo wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:24 am
Jimbit if you got a money printer hop to it, you are here to make money no ? ;)
you've made my mind up... possibly subconsciously i put this up so as to receive confirmation on taking action with it (weirdly, in the UK markets i have no issue just taking a leap of faith with new ideas. coming to the AUS market just seemed to create a small doubt in my mind).

anyway, will keep the thread posted on my approach and progress..
eightbo

sionascaig wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:05 am

Yes, its over every day of the week... Bot only picks up a few markets a day on average though (none so far today)... Agree, there is defo value to be had... I run exactly the same bot on UK & IR markets and its returned a profit but been on a downwards trend over last couple of months. Both are SP based so not sure what (if anything) return of crowds will do but suspect more exposed on the AUS side for that..

Not brave enough for the in-play stuff - maybe one day !
You don't need to be brave for in-play just lower your size to reflect the increased volatility and have a go in prac. mode.
I'll be making both pre-race & in-play bots for these markets soon. Other stuff has priority atm but remind me to post the results in a few wks if you want.
eightbo

jimibt wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:31 am
anyway, will keep the thread posted on my approach and progress..
Will the stakes be the same & how are you defining your risk for 1st going into live — # of mkts/days ; -£x based on prac. results ?

Best of luck with it looking forward to see how you get on, wishing you straightforward profits :)
eightbo

Said i'd go for 3hr/4.5hr sleep tonight but here I am about to take another 30min nap.
Gonna plod along safely this session and see if I can't "fix" my profit curve from last 2wks.

edit: better make that 20mins, figure it's worth it to prep a few sandwiches first :mrgreen:
gazuty

Seriously hot here today. Just clicked over 40c.
Lutruwita

gazuty wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:23 am
Seriously hot here today. Just clicked over 40c.
Here 900km away it's lucky to be 15c. Not sure the solar panels would be covering the tv wattage. But lovely weather if you split the difference :lol:
eightbo

Enough on @ Doomben ? JheeZ
eightbo

felt like more opportunity was around than usual, felt like i did ok this week

cream c'd, time to crash

Return to “Trading Horse racing”