Tonight's boxing

rik

Alen Babic a big lay at 1.4
Trader Pat

Some fantastic trading opportunities in the boxing tonight.

Katie Taylor went as low as 1.11 early in the fight then drifted out to 3.25 / 3.30 before getting the job done and Dillian Whyte reached 1.02 before being laid out.
Naffman

I love watching Povetkin so glad he managed to pull it out of the fire, people think just because he's 40 he will gas, his fighting weight has been within about 10lbs all his career so he's the ultimate professional.

Would favour him to beat Wilder but would defo struggle against Fury
Realrocknrolla

Ahhhhh nice to come across this thread. My favourite sport to watch.

#UsykChisora this Saturday... cannot wait.

No idea how it will go!
Trader Pat

I haven't seen a lot of Usyk but I hope he can pull it off. Chisora just another in a long ling of over hyped and over rated British boxers.
Naffman

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:51 pm
I haven't seen a lot of Usyk but I hope he can pull it off. Chisora just another in a long ling of over hyped and over rated British boxers.
I watched the WBSS Cruiserweight final when he beat Gassiev and he was incredible - people were saying why didn't Gassiev try and close the distance etc but he's just that difficult to hit.

I agree, Chisora is the gatekeeper let's be honest (that's why I don't really rate Whyte) so Usyk should have no problem but quite amazing how EH is doing this for £20 PPV
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:11 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:51 pm
I watched the WBSS Cruiserweight final when he beat Gassiev and he was incredible - people were saying why didn't Gassiev try and close the distance etc but he's just that difficult to hit.

I agree, Chisora is the gatekeeper let's be honest (that's why I don't really rate Whyte) so Usyk should have no problem but quite amazing how EH is doing this for £20 PPV
Its the Sky hype machine turned up to the max! :)

I'm half tempted to pay it though just to see Usyk in action. I saw a bit of him against Bellew, looked very good and obviously has power to go with it. I hope the hype is justified, would love to see him mixing it with Joshua and Fury.
rik

generally feel the value is with the bigger more powerful guy, he might be outclassed but difficult to put a percentage on how likely is a big shot to land or potentially usyk not able to keep him off
as always with 1v1 sports i prefer to watch a bit get a feeling for it, you never know whos carrying an injury or feeling confident on the night or how the matchup pans out exactly prefer to evaluate what im watching over pre match stats
rik

wow they dont suspend before reading the scorecards anymore? short scare second judge had it to lee selby lol
Realrocknrolla

Did anyone see Conor Benn Saturday?

I was super impressed with his performance!

Him v Kelly will be a blinder!
Realrocknrolla

Dubois Joyce didn’t excite much last night.

I could see from R1 that Joyce would use his experience and jab the night away.

Yarde fight coming up Saturday should be well worth a watch.
rik

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:02 pm

you saw it from R1 you must have been exited about the odds then at least..
Happy for Joyce seems a great guy
Realrocknrolla

rik wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:13 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:02 pm

you saw it from R1 you must have been exited about the odds then at least..
Happy for Joyce seems a great guy
To be fair I didn’t get involved mate: Yeah he grinds the work out in the gym!
rik

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:00 pm

whats the point you knew he was outjabbing him from R1, great odds and not getting involved, when do you bet then?
changed in weight and shape from the last fight so i doubt hes a gym rat, seems to be into gaming, laid back guys generally not the hardest workers, must have naturally good endurance and his style obviously not explosive
I tried to bet big on joyce after the 8th round but its always a balancing act if there is 10% or so spread and not much getting matched when offering, Dubois was still 1,5-1,6 at the time he quit which looking back was way wrong even though was +4 +1 and -1 on the official scorecards, the fight was clearly going in Joes favour at that point should have really taken more of what was in the market rather than trying to get matched
Realrocknrolla

rik wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:53 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:00 pm

whats the point you knew he was outjabbing him from R1, great odds and not getting involved, when do you bet then?
changed in weight and shape from the last fight so i doubt hes a gym rat, seems to be into gaming, laid back guys generally not the hardest workers, must have naturally good endurance and his style obviously not explosive
I tried to bet big on joyce after the 8th round but its always a balancing act if there is 10% or so spread and not much getting matched when offering, Dubois was still 1,5-1,6 at the time he quit which looking back was way wrong even though was +4 +1 and -1 on the official scorecards, the fight was clearly going in Joes favour at that point should have really taken more of what was in the market rather than trying to get matched
I wouldn't say he is laid back if you look at his amateur career. He has a decent resume for a pro so far too. I'd like to see him fight Yoka and gain revenge from the Olympics.

Return to “Boxing”