MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:56 pm
i'm on office 365, so that maybe the issue. or it's up to date at the minute
No worries... i'll keep trying.
MemphisFlash

Capture.JPG

if you click on queries and connections before you hit refresh all,
you will see the tables loading.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Can you schedule the connection to run with VBA? Like a worksheet open event?
paspuggie48

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:27 am
Can you schedule the connection to run with VBA? Like a worksheet open event?
You can record a macro to refresh (if that is what you are after?) or if it is an open event, then go into Connections > Properties and select Refresh data when opening the file.

Screenshot 2020-11-30 164427.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Yep, was suggesting if you can code VBA (macro is VBA) then you could use the Worksheet_Open event so you'd load up new data automatically each time you opened the workbook
Realrocknrolla

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:41 pm
Capture.JPG

if you click on queries and connections before you hit refresh all,
you will see the tables loading.
Still struggling with this!!

Just get a load of ############# in the tables
ArticalBadboy

Firstly, thank you to Euler and Memphis for the work that has gone into this.

Can someone explain a few things to me please?

1.The magic calculation involving 2.718 still uses historic goal data. How is this any different to using other historic data sets to generate a model?

2. The system prices the BTTS probability by multiplying Historic Home Goals Scored by Home Team and Historic Away Goals Scored by Away Team. e.g Chelsea 88.92, Tottenham 92.57, gives a BTTS Prob 82.31%
However, there is already a 'Both Teams Scored' figure in the bottom section. This states that when at home, Chelsea have been involved in games where BTTS 40% of the time, the same when Tottenham play away. When multiplied together this gives a prob of 16%. Unless I'm mistaken, both calculations predict the same thing...how come the percentages are so vastly different?

3. If I price the BTTS odds at a certain value e.g. 1.2, and its trading on the exchange at 1.8; am I effectively saying I've taken a value bet if I back it?

4. If I backed the selection at 1.8, should I trade out if/when the price reached 1.2 or should I let value bets run?

5. If I took the exchange BTTS price ad infinitum, wouldn't I break even? If so, where is the value as even though I price it at 1.2, 1.8 is the price I can take, and that price contributes to the break even?
Is the value that I wouldn't place the back bet if I priced it above 1.8?

Thanks in advance, apologies if any of my questions are basic to you guys or not explained properly!

Kind Regards
paspuggie48

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:44 pm
Yep, was suggesting if you can code VBA (macro is VBA) then you could use the Worksheet_Open event so you'd load up new data automatically each time you opened the workbook
Aye, I've been developing macro solutions for 10 years but the way I'm reading your question, the solution is as per my screenshot.

That is, selecting that option in the screenshot, every time you open the workbook it should auto-refresh with new data without the need for a macro.

Reason I don't do the "refresh when opening" is, if I want to do something in that document first (as I open it) I would have to wait for the refresh to finish. If it's website scrape or large PQ solution it could take minutes to refresh. Plus it's just as easy to open the spreadsheet and press the refresh button when required. For this I have an icon in my Quick Access Toolbar just for that.

The Rectangle with Circular arrows is my shortcut button.

Screenshot 2020-12-03 210648.png
iphoneshoey

Hi
I downloaded the spreadsheet
When I update the sheet it gives error could someone have a look please

James
paspuggie48

iphoneshoey wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:14 pm
Hi
I downloaded the spreadsheet
When I update the sheet it gives error could someone have a look please

James