Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:15 am
Most people know by now that I've got a soft spot for blonds or anything that's pleasing to the eye. So when Rita Ora gave that heart-felt apology I took it in good faith and forgave her.

But now I hear that that small gathering was 30 people!!

I'm beginning to wonder if that £1000 deterrent is really just a fee you can pay to party if you can afford it!
Is there a ban on gatherings again? Can't say I've noticed. I stopped listening when those that give the orders stopped listening, not that I gather anyway...

Rules for thee but not for me, unless there is a camera.

I find the whole thing highly bizarre, we are supposed to believe that we can avoid catching something that is more infectious than the common cold or flu that nobody on planet earth has avoided, simply by not gathering, unless you're at work or a supermarket or local shop, pub, restaurant or school.

My kids alone could give it to me, surely germs transfer from one family to another through the schools. Give me my life back (I never had one) I'm bored of this half in half out shit.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:54 am
I stopped listening when those that give the orders stopped listening, not that I gather anyway...
I've decided not to travel to stay with family this Christmas, but it's my decision, not BJ's. I no longer GAF about the rules. The bigger the fine that Rita has to pay the louder Cummings will be laughing!
weemac

The implementation and policing of rules has overtaken the focus on the spread of a virus.
Derek27

weemac wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:18 pm
The implementation and policing of rules has overtaken the focus on the spread of a virus.
Trying to make sense of the rules (which most people will ignore anyway) has overtaken the virus.
Emmson

Aarondewit wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:37 am

As it stands, Asia-Pacific, contrasted with Europe and the Americas, has done a much better job dealing with Covid-19. I wouldn't have predicted that.
I would have! in fact I think I did

I drew some heat on here for suggesting wearing of face masks was a good thing months ago. Totally incompetent government led by a complete charlatan allied with an ill-disciplined population.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:08 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:54 am
I stopped listening when those that give the orders stopped listening, not that I gather anyway...
I've decided not to travel to stay with family this Christmas, but it's my decision, not BJ's. I no longer GAF about the rules. The bigger the fine that Rita has to pay the louder Cummings will be laughing!
I don't think a lot of people actually GAF about the rules... the mask seems to be more of "i don't want to be judged" by other mask wearers thing now. If people actually cared they wouldn't be discarding them all over supermarket/school car parks for other people to clean up, it's all a show to fit in with the "new norm" and the second they think nobody is looking, mask on the floor and off to the mates house for a cuppa. These parasites judge me for being normal.

Be it you decide to do something that you feel is for yours or somebody else's well being, it should be your decision, not Bojo's... problem is, common sense is in short supply.
Jukebox

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:45 pm
I don't think a lot of people actually GAF about the rules...
LOL until they're claiming their furlough payments, or deciding wether or not their employer has done enough to make them feel safe enough to return to work etc
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
My sister does, she cancelled her dinner party the moment BJ put London into Tier 2. Rita Ora, take note! ;)
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:31 pm
Aarondewit wrote:

As it stands, Asia-Pacific, contrasted with Europe and the Americas, has done a much better job dealing with Covid-19. I wouldn't have predicted that.

I drew some heat on here for suggesting wearing of face masks was a good thing months ago. Totally incompetent government led by a complete charlatan allied with an ill-disciplined population.
I was feeling a bit baffled during the first lockdown when we were supposed to only go out when absolutely necessary, yet when necessity took you to a crowded supermarket facemasks were not called for.
jamesg46

Jukebox wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:04 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
LOL until they're claiming their furlough payments, or deciding wether or not their employer has done enough to make them feel safe enough to return to work etc
Yeah :lol: short term gain, long term pain.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:08 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
My sister does, she cancelled her dinner party the moment BJ put London into Tier 2. Rita Ora, take note! ;)
My Mrs is the same, she's self employed & the amount of people that have tried to get her to work during the lockdowns for their own gain is unbelievable... they're happy to break the rules for some fresh eyebrows, lashes or nails but scream blue murder on social media about other people not adhering.

One guy I know told me how his Mrs was paying extortionate amounts for botox lips but throwned upon having to work in an office. I genuinely have a bigger than ever dislike for people due to all of this.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:12 pm
Emmson wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:31 pm
Aarondewit wrote:

I was feeling a bit baffled during the first lockdown when we were supposed to only go out when absolutely necessary, yet when necessity took you to a crowded supermarket facemasks were not called for.
I think the concern about masks was two-fold. There weren't enough to go round back then. But also the govt was concerned that wearing a mask would lead people to believe they were safe regardless of breaching 1m social distancing. On the latter point, govt was spot on. People definitely believe a mask is a covid-proof device. It just isn't.
Then again, wearing a mask and brushing past somebody probably isn't as risky (for you, or those around you) as having a 200 strong party outside your student halls.
I think the govt have tried very hard. I think we've been let down by pillocks who refuse to understand what an R of 2.6 means.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:34 pm
Derek27 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:
My Mrs is the same, she's self employed & the amount of people that have tried to get her to work during the lockdowns for their own gain is unbelievable... they're happy to break the rules for some fresh eyebrows, lashes or nails but scream blue murder on social media about other people not adhering.

One guy I know told me how his Mrs was paying extortionate amounts for botox lips but throwned upon having to work in an office. I genuinely have a bigger than ever dislike for people due to all of this.
This pandemic has made you realize what peoples' priorities are. Who would have thought that bog roll is more important that food?
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:52 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:34 pm
Derek27 wrote:

This pandemic has made you realize what peoples' priorities are. Who would have thought that bog roll is more important that food?
:lol: if you haven't ate anything well.....

It's made me realise just how horrible some people are too. My daughter is 12 and her "boyfriend" that she's gone to school with since primary hasn't left the house since March, his Mum has some illness that makes her higher risk.... he told my daughter on the a phone call that he couldn't go back to school because if he caught the virus he could be responsible for killing his Mum.... WTF, he's 12 and his parents have mentally screwed him.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:59 pm
:lol: if you haven't ate anything well.....
:lol: I never looked at it that way!

Return to “General discussion”