With Betfair down

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
mobile

betdaq football.
one other point I have just noticed.
double check that betdaq is carrying the same market
in-play.they seem to offer a lot less choice.
just seen betfair come back and was about to have an either betfair or betdaq as cover, when I realised that in-play market was not available on betdaq.

volume is still low.
real madrid match tonight.
currently - matched at match odds
betfair 550k
betdaq 108k
jimrobo

OK so I traded a few betdaq markets later on this afternoon with a small bank of about 500.

the verdict:

They are definately tradeable but there is a serious technology shortfall. Whilst price refreshes are fast as I assume they are coming from a cache, the actual bet retrieval responses are really bad. I think the average is around 3-400 ms. This means the price is refreshing up to 10 times whilst you put 1 order or cancel 1 order. In that time the price could have gone through you several times and you have no idea where you are P and L wise.

If this figure was reduced dramatically then there is seriously no reason why people couldn;t legitamately switch to betdaq and make ok money. Especially for the big festival meetings.

I won;t be using betdaq next week though, The bet retrieval time is just too much of an issue for me.

The ball is firmly in Betdaqs court IMHO
andyfuller

Interesting stuff Jim - I tried BD a while back, over a year ago and used small stakes and it was perfectly tradeable using small stakes. I also ran Bet Angel for BF on my PC so I could see both price moves side by side and it worked out fine.

What was the issue though was that I couldn't make anywhere near what I can make on BF when it is working. I don't use guardian or excel and the like so can't automate across exchanges - I either trade on one or the other.

I can't remember what I did make but it was around the £100 mark for the day and this was just on a normal day with no extra volume spilling over form a BF outage like today. But as I say I couldn't make what I can make on BF on BD.

I am sure Peter and yourself and other bigger traders would be likewise - you can make okay money but nowhere near what you can make at BF.

If I was starting out I think I would definitely be looking at BD to trade especially if it was more of a hobby and I would be happy with making sub £100 in a day. First of all you aren't in competition against all the other bigger traders.

I agree Betdaq need to get their act together - I thought they had an account on this forum? Where on earth are they today of all days?

Who for godness sake runs that company is my feeling - they have had so many golden opportunities handed to them on a plater made with the Gold Gordon Brown sold but I think everyone feels that they are just happy with their lot. They hardly seize upon these opportunities as you would expect.

Why on earth do we not have a Bet Angel for BD on a par with the BF version - I don't blame Peter, I blame BD - they should be funding it or at least a very large chunk. It isn't for Peter to take the leap of faith it should be Betdaq - if Peter off his own back has been able to get Bet Angel where it is today surely a company the size of Betdaq should be able to do likewise on their own and even more so when you have people like Bet Angel willing to help.

Anyway grub is up so I will leave my rant there - but come on Betdaq your silence today is deafening!
LeTiss

andyfuller wrote:Why on earth do we not have a Bet Angel for BD on a par with the BF version - I don't blame Peter, I blame BD - they should be funding it or at least a very large chunk. It isn't for Peter to take the leap of faith it should be Betdaq - if Peter off his own back has been able to get Bet Angel where it is today surely a company the size of Betdaq should be able to do likewise on their own and even more so when you have people like Bet Angel willing to help.
It was interesting to see that BD were responding to a couple of threads a few weeks back, but now have gone quiet

I've always been outspoken about my disappointment in Betdaq. They lack ambition, and despite BF's problems they seem frightened to be overly competitive.

They have huge opportunities staring them in the face, but all children need to take the stabilizers off their bike at some stage, and Betdaq just seem happy pedalling along without running the risk of falling over
Euler

It would probably be possible to arrange to meet them at Kempton one Wednesday evening. Probably not next week but maybe the week after? Then you talk to them directly if they agree to such an event.
Last edited by Euler on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyfuller

I would love to say yes but it would cost me a whole day of trading - do I think anything would happen from Betdaq's end out of the meeting - tbh no given their previous form. When you consider how much it would all cost us in lost earnings and the travel I would be expecting Betdaq to be falling over themselves to get us together, so lets see what they have to say on the idea to convince me I am wrong in doubting them..............
jimrobo

I'm always up for a day/evening at the races!!
SilentDave

I'm with jimrobo on that!
oddstrader

Count me in
khfcfan

Thought I'd give BD a chance today after the debacle yesterday at BF.
Been trying to trade Stoke v West Ham match odds and I have to say I expected more liquidity today but it seems people are still not moving across.

The horse racing is no better.

Shame :roll:

Return to “Betdaq exchange”