US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Naffman

Trump legal campaign speaking in AZ now, last time they had a hearing the market moved a few ticks.
jamesg46

Naffman wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:08 pm
Trump legal campaign speaking in AZ now, last time they had a hearing the market moved a few ticks.
:D
jamesg46

Market looks packed solid.... hardly suprised though, OAN is hardly main stream. Where did you watch it?
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:27 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:37 pm
Anyway, what I meant by it is the definition in the screen shots above.
Being accepting of other peoples views and open to new ideas is far removed from being gullible. Gullibility is more believing and jumping into the camp.
"More susceptible" was what I used & I stick by it. If you're more open you're certainly more susceptible.... most likely more successful too.
Sorry to be a contrary pain in the arse but you're not more susceptible either. You might be more 'exposed' to bullshit. But so are farm workers - doesn't make them more likely to take it home with them. :)
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:02 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:27 pm

Being accepting of other peoples views and open to new ideas is far removed from being gullible. Gullibility is more believing and jumping into the camp.
"More susceptible" was what I used & I stick by it. If you're more open you're certainly more susceptible.... most likely more successful too.
Sorry to be a contrary pain in the arse but you're not more susceptible either. You might be more 'exposed' to bullshit. But so are farm workers - doesn't make them more likely to take it home with them. :)
You can be a contrary pain in the arse all you like Derek, I think I'd be concerned you had been forumnapped and an imposter had take your place if you weren't contrary. Also, I don’t mind your opinion, be it or not different or we agree or disagree. I'm not here to kiss arse, especially yours and I think I can expect that you're not here for that reason either.... although its nice that we haven't turned into children squabbling yet.

BTW, still stand by my comment :D
jamesg46

I have no idea what this lady (observer/witness) who is currently speaking is saying, she's all over the place...
jamesg46

This woman has blew my mind... I'm flawed that someone can go around in circles for so long. The election should be re run again just because she was in charge of giving people ballots.
jamesg46

No way in a million years these state legislators sign off Arizona... for a start they're gonna be talked to death before they get chance to make up their mind.
Euler

BREAKING: Attorney General William Barr says the Justice Department has not uncovered evidence of widespread voter fraud that would change the outcome of the 2020 presidential election
Euler

All the testimony from the courts are not alleging fraud, just irregularities and when investigated there are none. Curious state of affairs. Recounts are making no difference.

There really is no basis for Trump to carry on, but he still is. He seems to have stopped running the country.
jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:45 pm
All the testimony from the courts are not alleging fraud, just irregularities and when investigated there are none. Curious state of affairs. Recounts are making no difference.

There really is no basis for Trump to carry on, but he still is. He seems to have stopped running the country.
I think that's why his team have changed tactic and have now focused on the legislators. They've been laughed out of state level courts so they're doing their best to put the pressure on the legislators to not sign off the individual states. A ploy to buy time to either try and prove fraud or to bypass the Electoral college?
Euler

The latter is seems, but the American's won't like that. They value liberty above everything else. Attempting to bypass legitimate processes is a dangerous game.
jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:55 pm
The latter is seems, but the American's won't like that. They value liberty above everything else. Attempting to bypass legitimate processes is a dangerous game.
It seems that way to me too & his base are playing that game with individual house Republicans at state level. At each rally they hold in each state they're shouting the threat loud and clear that they won't forget in 2022 if Republicans in the house don't back Trump.
Derek27

The Independent reports Guiliani's seeking a pardon from Trump for crimes he's yet to be caught, charged or convicted. :lol:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 9.html?amp
jamesg46

Amazing that this market has done nearly another 200 million since the billion mark.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”