Help improve Bet Angel.

In favour

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 19
Cardano

This is a request to change the functionality of the Ladder reorder 123 button on the Ladder screen.
Currently you have to keep clicking this button to order the ladders in favouritism order.

Could the functionality of this button be changed such that there is an additional option to order the ladders in favouritism order continuously both during pre-race and in-play as follows.

To implement this I suggest when you clicked the button it would put a cross over it or remove the cross similar to the buttons adjacent to the 123 button.

So the default 123 button position would be without the cross and the ladders would continuously refresh in order of favouritism both pre-race and in-play

So if you clicked the 123 button and it had a cross over it then the ladders would remain in the current order that they were before the button was clicked.
Last edited by Cardano on Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eightbo

+1

Although I believe a cleaner implementation of this would be within Settings > Ladder > General
...then have a dropdown menu for ~"Sort ladder on market open by:" with options:
  Row index (Betfair order)
  Favouritism

Set default to Row index for release version so all remains the same for unconscious customers & those looking to change can do so easily.
Derek27

Cardano wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:07 pm
Rather than having to keep clicking the reorder 123 button on the Ladder screen to order the ladder in favouritism order is it possible to make this the default situation both during pre-race and in-play.

Like putting a red cross over the 123 button similar to the buttons adjacent to the 123 button
You still haven't made it clear whether you're requesting a once only sort on opening the market or an auto-sort every time the favourite changes?
Cardano

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:23 pm
Cardano wrote:
Rather than having to keep clicking the reorder 123 button on the Ladder screen to order the ladder in favouritism order is it possible to make this the default situation both during pre-race and in-play.

Like putting a red cross over the 123 button similar to the buttons adjacent to the 123 button
You still haven't made it clear whether you're requesting a once only sort on opening the market or an auto-sort every time the favourite changes?
I have changed the Ladder reorder button suggestion . Hope the spec is clearer
Derek27

Cardano wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:53 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Cardano wrote:

I have changed the Ladder reorder button suggestion . Hope the spec is clearer
Thanks, I agree it would be beneficial for the ladders to be ordered upon opening a market but to have them reordered continuously in-play is madness, surely? In a horse race they could be reordering as fast as your refresh rate - try and back the third favourite at 8.0, the favourite blunders/falls at the last, ladders reorder and you find you've just backed a horse on the deck!
Cardano

[/quote]
Thanks, I agree it would be beneficial for the ladders to be ordered upon opening a market but to have them reordered continuously in-play is madness, surely? In a horse race they could be reordering as fast as your refresh rate - try and back the third favourite at 8.0, the favourite blunders/falls at the last, ladders reorder and you find you've just backed a horse on the deck!
[/quote]

If you only had the ladders ordered upon opening a market then why have a 123 button.
My suggestion gives you the option to order or not by clicking the button once, it's your choice.
Currently if you want the ladders in order of favouritism you have to keep clicking the DAMN button !!
Derek27

Cardano wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:44 pm
Derek27 wrote:

If you only had the ladders ordered upon opening a market then why have a 123 button.
My suggestion gives you the option to order or not by clicking the button once, it's your choice.
Currently if you want the ladders in order of favouritism you have to keep clicking the DAMN button !!
An automatic gearbox can decide when you should go up a gear, but you don't want an automatic steering wheel deciding which way to go. :) I would just press the 123 button once or twice, but more importantly, at a time of my choosing. If the 3.9 and 4.2 favourites swap places and then swap again, what's the point in flipping and re-flipping?

I think you'd change your mind when you see ladders jumping around all over the place. Your mouse pointer would be running around the screen chasing the ladders. :lol:
Cardano

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:43 pm
Cardano wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:44 pm
Derek27 wrote:

An automatic gearbox can decide when you should go up a gear, but you don't want an automatic steering wheel deciding which way to go. :) I would just press the 123 button once or twice, but more importantly, at a time of my choosing. If the 3.9 and 4.2 favourites swap places and then swap again, what's the point in flipping and re-flipping?

I think you'd change your mind when you see ladders jumping around all over the place. Your mouse pointer would be running around the screen chasing the ladders. :lol:
Your manual/auto car is a brilliant analogy and reinforces my suggestion - you have a choice depending on what suits your style of driving/trading

We will all have a choice between driver/driverless cars before long although there are a lot of disbelievers out there who say that will never happen. I suppose you'll be saying we'll all be crashing into each other :lol:
Derek27

Cardano wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:53 pm
[Your manual/auto car is a brilliant analogy and reinforces my suggestion - you have a choice depending on what suits your style of driving/trading

We will all have a choice between driver/driverless cars before long although there are a lot of disbelievers out there who say that will never happen. I suppose you'll be saying we'll all be crashing into each other :lol:
Forget the analogy, how can you trade if the ladders are jumping around? Your watching the favourite's price on the ladder about to lay it, suddenly it's 5th favourite and disappeared off the screen!

What about the rank outsider that momentarily becomes fav because there's no money for it? Would that be useful?
Cardano

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:36 pm
Cardano wrote:
[Your manual/auto car is a brilliant analogy and reinforces my suggestion - you have a choice depending on what suits your style of driving/trading

Forget the analogy, how can you trade if the ladders are jumping around? Your watching the favourite's price on the ladder about to lay it, suddenly it's 5th favourite and disappeared off the screen!

What about the rank outsider that momentarily becomes fav because there's no money for it? Would that be useful?
Let's leave it to the vote. That, together with the cost of developing the extra functionality should decide if it gets added or not.
Derek27

Cardano wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:44 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:36 pm
Cardano wrote:

Let's leave it to the vote. That, together with the cost of developing the extra functionality should decide if it gets added or not.
I'm not criticizing your suggestion, obviously I don't know how you trade. I'm just asking how you'd find it useful if you're thinking of opening or closing a trade and the ladder automatically disappears of the page?
Korattt

not for me but if it helps one with their edge then I don’t see an issue with requesting it
decomez6

+1
total votes without my vote = 7 pro and 7 against.( Tie)

with my vote = 8 pro and 7 against. (majority win )

very useful especially IN-PLAY . with the right servants and a well defined edge (TPD and similar ) ,
would be great to have an option of manual as well as auto ladder -reorder.
Euler

This feature has been implemented and is available via the ladder settings menu.
decomez6

Euler wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:15 pm
This feature has been implemented and is available via the ladder settings menu.
as discussed here ?

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22533

constant ladder re-order.( through automation)

Return to “Suggestions”