A place to discuss anything.
pedro1886

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:34 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:08 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:45 pm
I don't think a lot of people actually GAF about the rules...
My sister does, she cancelled her dinner party the moment BJ put London into Tier 2. Rita Ora, take note! ;)
My Mrs is the same, she's self employed & the amount of people that have tried to get her to work during the lockdowns for their own gain is unbelievable... they're happy to break the rules for some fresh eyebrows, lashes or nails but scream blue murder on social media about other people not adhering.

One guy I know told me how his Mrs was paying extortionate amounts for botox lips but throwned upon having to work in an office. I genuinely have a bigger than ever dislike for people due to all of this.
Girl I know from school was complaining about her beauty business being put on hold. "who is going to pay my bills"
Yet in the same week puts pics up on FB of going round to her dads house to celebrate his 60th "no way were we missing this"
could clearly see there were a few folk around. I've not been in my dads house since Mar due to autoimmune problems.

I try my best & not let the actions of others bother me but sometimes its hard to ignore.
greenmark

The Pfizer vaccine being rolled out next week is incredible news.
But without the second jab in March we're still in the same situation.
And I hope (somewhat pessimistically) that everyone thinks the same and behaves.
We have a definite light at the end of the tunnel.
It's not an excuse to relax in any way.

Oops. 21 days between jabs. But not relaxing I think is still relevant.
Dallas

Odd Coincidence's given the two topics that's dominated here in the UK the last 4 years

31st Jan 2020
UK legally leaves the EU
First two confirmed cases of Coronavirus in UK are announced

Assuming the first vaccines begin next tues as planned

29th Dec 2020
The first people to have received the two jabs will be completed
31st Dec 2020
UK transition period ends

2021 guesses anyone?
Derek27

My beloved Kay Burley's been taken off air for six months after celebrating her 60th birthday. I'm getting sick of hearing the words "error of judgement" when people made a clear and conscientious decision to ignore the rules!
superfrank

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:34 pm
My beloved Kay Burley's been taken off air for six months after celebrating her 60th birthday. I'm getting sick of hearing the words "error of judgement" when people made a clear and conscientious decision to ignore the rules!
You've got shocking taste in women!

Burley was part of the Dominic Cummings witch hunt. Hypocrite.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
I only just heard about this earlier today, but had wondered where she'd been each morning this week.
Derek27

superfrank wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:47 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I've gone off her slightly, especially when she didn't invite me to her party. Older women generally aren't my scene, but I recently developed a soft-spot for Ursula von der Leyen, so I found a photo of her when she was younger. :D
9_1575032925.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Undertow

jamesg46 wrote:
I don't think a lot of people actually GAF about the rules... the mask seems to be more of "i don't want to be judged" by other mask wearers thing now.
Does anyone really care anymore? Being of a younger generation I'll admit I've seen a few mates for a beer inside to watch football, naughty I know. What makes me laugh is that everyone else my age who spouts they care and berates the government for not doing enough are the ones who spent this weekend down the pub or at a bar with their mates.

Just saying you care isn't enough, I like to think I at least have the decency to admit I'll break the rules because I think they're stupid.
jamesg46

Undertow wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:59 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
I don't think a lot of people actually GAF about the rules... the mask seems to be more of "i don't want to be judged" by other mask wearers thing now.
Does anyone really care anymore? Being of a younger generation I'll admit I've seen a few mates for a beer inside to watch football, naughty I know. What makes me laugh is that everyone else my age who spouts they care and berates the government for not doing enough are the ones who spent this weekend down the pub or at a bar with their mates.

Just saying you care isn't enough, I like to think I at least have the decency to admit I'll break the rules because I think they're stupid.
From a personal point of view I have absolutely no concerns about Covid having an impact on me, in terms of my health. I don't care for the 24/7 fear campaign and all round lack of respect for individual privacy, like the grass on your neighbour thing. I hate the showman ship of the pretenders such as the hypocrites on TV that drill fear into people 24/7 and then hold themselves a party or whatever it is they wish to do with their freedom.

I couldn't care less about catching Covid because as far as I'm concerned its more infectious than the flu or common cold, both of which I've never managed to avoid, so im sort of like what will be, will be.

That said, I respect that others may not be as fortunate as me in terms of their current health situation so I behave appropriately but if I had a mate that fancied a beer and that mate was willing to accept the risk the same as me then so be it. Really baffles me that mine and my mates kids can sit in a classroom together then come home with a potential transfer of Covid but I can't go round to that same persons house for a beer or whatever....

Completely off on one there but tbh I think the "caring" has become more showman ship from a lot of people... they're more scared of the repercussions of their actions than the actual virus.... I think that happened when the videos of people dropping dead in the streets stopped circulating social media.
Undertow

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:34 pm
but if I had a mate that fancied a beer and that mate was willing to accept the risk the same as me then so be it.
Yeah, this is my entire logic - I live alone, I barely went out before this thing to see anyone and I see practically no one else now. The way I look at it is, if me and a mate or two meet up round someones house, the only person I can directly affect is me, and If I'm comfortable with that and my friends are comfortable with that their end, then why should we be stopped? Going out in public is a different ball game admittedly and I'll follow guidance wherever I can.
jamesg46

Undertow wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:45 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:34 pm
but if I had a mate that fancied a beer and that mate was willing to accept the risk the same as me then so be it.
Yeah, this is my entire logic - I live alone, I barely went out before this thing to see anyone and I see practically no one else now. The way I look at it is, if me and a mate or two meet up round someones house, the only person I can directly affect is me, and If I'm comfortable with that and my friends are comfortable with that their end, then why should we be stopped? Going out in public is a different ball game admittedly and I'll follow guidance wherever I can.
Personally I dont care what anyone gets upto in their social life... its the nosey, miserable fear driving dictators that seem to care, unless they're going to a restaurant or bar, which then turns their judging dictating norms into lacks of judgement.
Last edited by jamesg46 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesg46

Decent way of seeing how much people care is to type Jack Grealish into the search bar of Twitter, it quickly becomes apparent that Covid wasn't on the majority of minds.
Korattt

if anyone on here is waiting for anything to be delivered by next week during this pandemic it’s probably in here somewhere..

94DA7F7D-B068-4B11-BCD8-D2298A866B78.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:35 pm
superfrank wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:47 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I've gone off her slightly, especially when she didn't invite me to her party. Older women generally aren't my scene, but I recently developed a soft-spot for Ursula von der Leyen, so I found a photo of her when she was younger. :D
9_1575032925.jpeg
is that her bottom right ?? :d
Derek27

Not sure if this is a third wave or a continuation of the second but the circuit breaker hasn't made much difference, and now with Christmas round the corner - we're buggered!
Capture.PNG

Return to “General discussion”