Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Derek27

darchas wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:30 pm
eightbo wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm
Took my biggest loss in years today
Account crippling & soul destroying kind of loss after getting hijacked so fast.
Froze up like normal couldn't click hedge button even with all the right self-talk happening internally.

I wanted to cry, still do. I know it's all my fault and that hurts me even more.
I can't trade pre-race anymore I can't keep hurting myself like this
Sorry to hear that mate.
+1. Take a break eightbo, catch up on things you haven't had time for. Then try and get back to basics, or get back to what you were doing when successful.

An old piece of CBT advice I was given, when you've had a stressful event, is to ask yourself, will it matter in a week's/month's/year's time? It's surprising how quickly in trading a heavy loss is forgotten about.
puntinrolls

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:41 pm
darchas wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:30 pm
eightbo wrote:
Account crippling & soul destroying kind of loss after getting hijacked so fast.
Froze up like normal couldn't click hedge button even with all the right self-talk happening internally.

I wanted to cry, still do. I know it's all my fault and that hurts me even more.
Sorry to hear that mate.
+1. Take a break eightbo, catch up on things you haven't had time for. Then try and get back to basics, or get back to what you were doing when successful.

An old piece of CBT advice I was given, when you've had a stressful event, is to ask yourself, will it matter in a week's/month's/year's time? It's surprising how quickly in trading a heavy loss is forgotten about.
It can be surprising sometimes what a day or two off can do to help you reset to zero and develop and positive plan to move forward
goat68

Euler wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:53 pm
Having had conversations with a lot of people on the forum, you would be surprised how many higher rate PC payers we have on here.

I guess that is why the advice and feel of the forum is different to other communities.

It's the sort of landmark that everybody and nobody wants to reach!
I'll get to plain PC eventually, it's only about £5k of profit away on my rough estimates!

I ran my very first handcrafted Guardian automation this evening, it was very exciting watching it work :-)
Trader Pat

eightbo wrote:

Sorry to hear that 8

Its amazing how many times you can think you've finally cracked it only for something to come and bite you on the arse.

I know somebody like you who pays a lot of attention to the details will know what you need to do and what you need to stop doing so hopefully with a little distance between you and the loss you can come back stronger.
MAGTRADEUK

What seems the usual Chelmsford moves tonight, for me anyway, pre off was a bit of a mare, (no pun), in trying to get a read on things, more practice required.............
napshnap

eightbo wrote:

Get well soon eightbo and return stronger than before.
jamesg46

I recently had a crash too eightbo, it took me a few days to even acknowledge it properly... I couldn't even bring myself to add it to my trade log. It was devastating on the day and I can only sympathize with how you're feeling but I'm sure you won't let that one trade define the future you. Hope to see you back soon... I would offer some advise but there is really nothing I could offer you that you don't already know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Finau

Hi all, my first post so better make it a positive one!

1.06 turned over in the 1st at Cheltenham :)
jamesg46

Silent Assistant can take some of my money, I can't see why the price is so low? I gotta lay it.
Euler

Plunnnnnnnnnnge
De Forgotten One_21772944_15_00_33.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:05 pm
Plunnnnnnnnnnge

I missed that

Thats what I call a perfect slide
goat68

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:05 pm
Plunnnnnnnnnnge

And was that 4.5k spike at the end you closing out Peter? 😁😄
to75ne

is southall on verge of abandament?
aines88

to75ne wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:54 pm
is southall on verge of abandament?
Looks like it.
to75ne

dont think they are, but they have messed my rhythm up.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”