Football Index

Naffman

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:24 pm
https://www.celebdaq.co.uk/
Jesus christ :lol:
jamesg46

I can't say for sure because I haven't checked but I would guess the same people are responsible for that as FI - if so it's clear that they have no intentions of sorting out FI, they're only interested in stuffing their own pockets. New CEO, new ideas :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Euler

No legal entity listed on that site, worth steering very clear of that one.
Naffman

Seems like everyone was riding the portfolio growth gravy train, now it's all about the 'dividends' which are no way near enough for people to even get close to breaking even.

Looking at the order books too the people wanting to sell far outnumber buyers, but its 'manipulation' hardcore FI users say, erm no it's people wanting to gtfo.
jamesg46

FI is in dire shape but it has one thing going for it which is customer base and by all accounts they seem very loyal. There is probably an opportunity to be had by someone with the right knowledge on how to take it forward. The current direction is heading downwards fast and that's been recognised by the change of the CEO. I wouldn't be suprised to see it get bought out & the original creators take on a new path, maybe something like shares in celebrities.
Naffman

They now show how many divs each player has earnt in the past 12 months - like Mason Greenwood has earnt 11p in divs last 12 months yet his price in Sept. was £9.57, he's now 2.52/2.7 :lol: and you only get to hold that bet for 3 years.

It seems it's all about media dividends so that's why Sancho's price hit almost £15 as he's earnt £2.78 in 12 months but considering he dominated all the summer transfer headlines he couldn't possibly keep that going and the free market is now figuring that out.
MAGTRADEUK

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:24 pm
https://www.celebdaq.co.uk/
Brain mulch for the TOWIE, CHESIRE HOUSEWIVES ET ALL MASSES.............And they say the human race gets smarter......... !!!
Euler

Naffman wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:41 am
You only get to hold that bet for 3 years.
So it's a term limited contract as well? The impression I got was that it was in perpetuity, but I haven't really bothered much with it or researched it. That would add a whole new dimension to it.
Realrocknrolla

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:36 am
Naffman wrote:
So it's a term limited contract as well? The impression I got was that it was in perpetuity, but I haven't really bothered much with it or researched it. That would add a whole new dimension to it.
Not heard the term perpetuity in a while... usually heard it on the Timeshare presentations getting my free gift or park tickets! 😂
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:36 am
Naffman wrote:
99% sure it is and I think you're only eligible for matchday dividends (if your player is one of the top performing players on that day) if that contract was bought within 28 days so you basically have to keep buying to get these.

All about the dividends though lads :lol:
Euler

If the contract terms is limited and dividends know then, in theory, you should be able to pin a true value on a market.

It would be the discounted return of dividends and a terminal value, in this case zero.
jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:34 pm
If the contract terms is limited and dividends know then, in theory, you should be able to pin a true value on a market.

It would be the discounted return of dividends and a terminal value, in this case zero.
People are saying that term limits aren't an issue because they can simply sell their shares at the end of the term and then buy new shares in the same player giving them another 3 years. Obviously this doesn't take into consideration the decline in share price.
Euler

It's sort of misleading to list them as shares in which case as what you effectively have is a traded option with an underlying value.
sionascaig

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:55 pm
It's sort of misleading to list them as shares in which case as what you effectively have is a traded option with an underlying value.
But with dividends... Plenty of stuff out there for placing a value on options re time decay & if I remember rightly there is some spiky stuff that goes on with options re dividend declarations - although the post above about holding them for a certain amount of time may smooth that out (or create another spike based on expectations!)...
Euler

I modelled traded options with fixed expiries and with or without dividends in the 90's. Still have the model somewhere.

Though it's not much use here it seems unless you can short? Can you sell on FI without buying first?

Return to “Alternative betting exchanges, Smarkets, Matchbook etc.”