Multiple excel and Guardian refresh rate

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
rain91

Hi,
I want a multiple excel with 20-30 tabs (for 1 day horse racing UK & IRE). -> i add the races every mornings, for all day pre and inplay trading.
If i make it, the refreshing (200ms rate) moving race by race, so if i have 30 race, the first will be updated every 6 seconds (30*200ms).
is it possible to speed it up?
refersh.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

You can enable streaming
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13949

Or if you onlu need the sheets updating closer to the off ie, to trigger automation on the advanced tab of Guardian you can use Restricted Refresh to focus Guardian on only those markets
rain91

Dallas wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:30 pm
You can enable streaming

Or if you onlu need the sheets updating closer to the off ie, to trigger automation on the advanced tab of Guardian you can use Restricted Refresh to focus Guardian on only those markets
Thanks, i know this solution. But it may not work to update all races in parallel? Not line by line.

i have fears about streaming because the requested data from BF greather than the allowed for free BF users.
or does it not greatly increase the amount of data?
Dallas

rain91 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:07 pm
Dallas wrote:
You can enable streaming

Thanks, i know this solution. But it may not work to update all races in parallel? Not line by line.

i have fears about streaming because the requested data from BF greather than the allowed for free BF users.
The data requests (number of calls) you could make to Betfair was removed a few years ago so there are no longer any limits, also Betfair actually prefer people to use streaming as it puts much less strain on their servers as it only pushes information when it changes rather than users continually requesting (polling) for updates several times each second even if 99% of the data being requested hasn't changed since the least request.

I have several instances of Bet Angel running each day each with 100s of markets in Guardian being refreshed at 20ms, and that's quite light compared to what many people have running
rain91

Dallas wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:32 pm
rain91 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:07 pm
Dallas wrote:
You can enable streaming

The data requests (number of calls) you could make to Betfair was removed a few years ago so there are no longer any limits, also Betfair actually prefer people to use streaming as it puts much less strain on their servers as it only pushes information when it changes rather than users continually requesting (polling) for updates several times each second even if 99% of the data being requested hasn't changed since the least request.

I have several instances of Bet Angel running each day each with 100s of markets in Guardian being refreshed at 20ms, and that's quite light compared to what many people have running
Thanks.
I switched it to streaming with 20ms. I loaded today UK Horse markets (22 piece), with restricted refresh (before 50000 after 1200), so now all markets refresh every 20ms*22 = 440ms in guardian, its okay.

But in excel the refresh rate is very bad, about 3-4 sec, based on the countdown timer in cell F4. (22 excel tabs for all markets).
my PC is slow, or what is the problem?
chairman_chow

Hi,

I also have an identical problem Also UK market, also around 25 tabs

- With 1 tab, the "Countdown" timer refreshes every 1 second or so, much like a real clock.
- With 20 tabs, the "Countdown" timer refreshes every minute, and with "Streaming" enabled, every 25 seconds.

This presents a problem that, "take SP" command can only be ordered after a bet is placed, and a bet can only be placed based on the market odd close to the race. i.e. Time sensitive.

Is there a way to make it even faster? The spreadsheet is running on an i7-3770K at the moment (3rd gen I know, but single core performance is not bad with Benchmark is 2071, compare with a 2020 top-line i7-10710U single-thread Benchmark of 2400 after 8 years of improvement)

Thanks a lot

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”