Greyhound Mystique

Any markets not covered in the other boards
wearthefoxhat

Sunderland 12.06 (07/01/21)

Wonder how the market will move on these two?

AutIris.png
PoolCam.png

betfair.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:14 am

AutIris.png

PoolCam.png

betfair.png
quick question. don't do much re the greys (altho wierdly, i scrape the sportinglife data daily as part of a routine, but never use it [don't ask!!] ;)

the question is, which website do the two market images above come from?? just interested to compare the data that I scrape compared to that..
wearthefoxhat

jimibt wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:36 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:

AutIris.png

PoolCam.png

betfair.png
quick question. don't do much re the greys (altho wierdly, i scrape the sportinglife data daily as part of a routine, but never use it [don't ask!!] ;)

the question is, which website do the two market images above come from?? just interested to compare the data that I scrape compared to that..
Racing Post 1st 2 - Form lines

3rd one - The odds are from another software (Betextrader)

Just add to this my own ratings for that race...

1206Odds.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:47 am
jimibt wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:36 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:

AutIris.png

PoolCam.png

betfair.png

Racing Post 1st 2 - Form lines

3rd one - The odds are from another software (Betextrader)

Just add to this my own ratings for that race...

1206Odds.png
thanks... will take a look
jimibt

ok, just realised that i'm *aware* of the scrapes on this one (i go straight for the json, rather than scraping)..

https://greyhoundbet.racingpost.com/car ... tle%2Cform

cheers again
sniffer66

jimibt wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:53 am
ok, just realised that i'm *aware* of the scrapes on this one (i go straight for the json, rather than scraping)..

cheers again
Oh nice. Had no idea you could grab the JSON. Historical race data there as well. Cheers Jim

Bugger, loads of work to do now lol
jimibt

sniffer66 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:20 pm
jimibt wrote:

cheers again
Oh nice. Had no idea you could grab the JSON. Historical race data there as well. Cheers Jim

*HINT* - most of the race sites have a *private* api that isn't exposed but is easily discoverable. why battle with scraping from html (classnames/id's etc) when you can just load up an object from json and party on that! ;)
sniffer66

jimibt wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:22 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
jimibt wrote:

cheers again

*HINT* - most of the race sites have a *private* api that isn't exposed but is easily discoverable. why battle with scraping from html (classnames/id's etc) when you can just load up an object from json and party on that! ;)
Exactly ! My scraping code is a nightmare, and any site change breaks it. Lovely :)
napshnap

jimibt wrote:
Any thoughts why do they allow this, jimibt?
jimibt

napshnap wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:35 pm
jimibt wrote:
Any thoughts why do they allow this, jimibt?
tbh -it's not officially exposed. it's a caaveat emptor scenario. i've used it discretely for a few years but i make sure to rate limit the calls and only do it once a day. i guess your IP may get blocked if you were to go apesh!t on it and called it indescriminately.
spreadbetting

sniffer66 wrote:
jimibt wrote:

cheers again

My Sportinglife scraper went yesterday for some reason so simply set it to grab the json data block in the pages now, makes life much easier if you get the data rather than rendered page. I used to have the sportinglife API address for football but recently switched PC's and the cats smashed the screen on the old laptop I used :(
jimibt

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:55 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
jimibt wrote:

cheers again

My Sportinglife scraper went yesterday for some reason so simply set it to grab the json data block in the pages now, makes life much easier if you get the data rather than rendered page. I used to have the sportinglife API address for football but recently switched PC's and the cats smashed the screen on the old laptop I used :(
SB -the two urls you need are:

1. top level matches
https://www.sportinglife.com/api/footba ... 2021-01-07

2. Match detail derived from id's in above (107964 in the example below)
https://www.sportinglife.com/api/footba ... ail/107964
and/or
https://www.sportinglife.com/api/footba ... types=true
spreadbetting

Thanks Jim, makes life so much easier, I think I'd got them before from one of your posts, too. Do you know any with the results, I was specifically looking to get goal time data, or is that in the match_events url. I'll keep a track of those url as seems the match just started
jimibt

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:14 pm
Thanks Jim, makes life so much easier, I think I'd got them before from one of your posts, too. Do you know any with the results, I was specifically looking to get goal time data, or is that in the match_events url.
yeah, i like to use (where possible), the direct api calls, but definitely it's fairly consistant on the SL pages where you can pick up the same json after the <script id="__NEXT_DATA__" type="application/json"> tag...
spreadbetting

Yep I had to recode my scrapers to do that yesterday as they seemed to have changed things, luckily seems the pages all follow the same format so if anything the forced change has made my future scraping easier

Code: Select all

data =json.loads( soup.find('script', type='application/json').string)

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”