Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

sionascaig

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:02 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:08 am
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:05 pm
You would think Microsoft Windows would include a decent clock synchronizer. By default, it synchronizes once a week. I think you need to hack the registry to change it!
Derek, no need to hack the Registry. If you Google "synchronise windows clock" you will get what in practical reality is an infinite list of advice and options. A couple from the top that may help are Using Time Servers and Internet Atomic Time.
The first of those links suggest editing the registry to add time servers (I think you can change the frequency of syncs as well), the second suggests 3rd party software.

I use DS Clock. Not only does it sync the time but it plays the Westminister chimes every 15 minutes. :D I was just saying it's quite bizarre that Microsoft jam-pack Windows 10 with useless features that nobody's likely to want, yet leave crucial services to 3rd party vendors.
The timesync programme does it all for you to & v easy to use..

When I looked into this it looked like MS had a problem in the 2000s' that meant their world servers were out of sync & if your PC had sync'd with one of the wrong ones it was wrong and stayed wrong - I only noticed when trading greyhound markets and they seemed to go off about 20 seconds before everyone else - at least according to my clock )
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
firlandsfarm wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:05 pm
You would think Microsoft Windows would include a decent clock synchronizer. By default, it synchronizes once a week. I think you need to hack the registry to change it!
Derek, no need to hack the Registry. If you Google "synchronise windows clock" you will get what in practical reality is an infinite list of advice and options. A couple from the top that may help are Using Time Servers and Internet Atomic Time.
The first of those links suggest editing the registry to add time servers (I think you can change the frequency of syncs as well), the second suggests 3rd party software.

I use DS Clock. Not only does it sync the time but it plays the Westminister chimes every 15 minutes. :D I was just saying it's quite bizarre that Microsoft jam-pack Windows 10 with useless features that nobody's likely to want, yet leave crucial services to 3rd party vendors.
Yes, 3rd party software gives more options and without exposing the registry and the first link I gave details two courses of action through Control Panel before it talks about the registry option. That's all i was remarking on. :) I totally agree with your Microsoft comments and would add to that their arrogance wanting to tell me they know better than me how I want my computer arranged ... their insistence on the use of One Drive being a case in point.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:13 pm
Derek27 wrote:
firlandsfarm wrote:

Yes, 3rd party software gives more options and without exposing the registry and the first link I gave details two courses of action through Control Panel before it talks about the registry option. That's all i was remarking on. :) I totally agree with your Microsoft comments and would add to that their arrogance wanting to tell me they know better than me how I want my computer arranged ... their insistence on the use of One Drive being a case in point.
The control panel option doesn't allow you to adjust the frequency, once a week is stupid - nobody has a PC clock that accurate! I agree about One Drive, if you uninstall it it mysteriously gets reinstalled at some point. You have to hack the registry or change local policy settings just to disable it. The same applies to Windows Defender. If you don't have other virus software they don't make it easy for you to switch theirs off.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:02 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:13 pm
Derek27 wrote:

The control panel option doesn't allow you to adjust the frequency, once a week is stupid - nobody has a PC clock that accurate! I agree about One Drive, if you uninstall it it mysteriously gets reinstalled at some point. You have to hack the registry or change local policy settings just to disable it. The same applies to Windows Defender. If you don't have other virus software they don't make it easy for you to switch theirs off.
I have never monitored when my computer clock is synchronised. Under "Change Settings" I am given a choice of 2 ... time.nist.gov, the one I am currently using and it tells me it last synchronised at 20:29 today and is next due to synchronise at 00:11 tomorrow (I have no idea why there should be such a 'random' time interval). The other option is time.windows.com.
firlandsfarm

but returning to thread subject did anyone have a problem with the 17:40 at Wolverhampton today? My automation was blank for that race. It should have fired bets but didn't and I happened to notice at the time my BA one click screen was blank for runners/odds.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:22 pm
but returning to thread subject did anyone have a problem with the 17:40 at Wolverhampton today? My automation was blank for that race. It should have fired bets but didn't and I happened to notice at the time my BA one click screen was blank for runners/odds.
:lol: I was wondering what we're doing discussing time servers on the API thread.
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:27 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
:lol: I was wondering what we're doing discussing time servers on the API thread.
Because Betfair devs seem to have a problem synchronising world clocks New Year's Day. Or maybe it's deliberate to throw trading algorithms.

Edit: Clearly your not effected by this anomaly Dex, or you would have encountered this - Happy New Year
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Todays racing thread
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7400&start=21032
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:57 pm
Todays racing thread
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7400&start=21032
Yep, thanks Dallas, found it earlier ... I don't frequent the Today's Horse Racing thread so came here first.
Euler

Betfair wrote:Due to planned maintenance, the Betfair Exchange will be unavailable on Tuesday 12th January from 06:15 – 06:30 GMT.
LeTiss

I will tip my cap to the Betfair Help account on Twitter

I have exchanged a few DM's with them over certain issues, and they are very quick to respond and action
Euler

Betfair wrote:Due to planned maintenance, the Betfair Exchange will be unavailable on Thursday 14th January from 06:15 – 06:30 GMT.
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:35 am
Betfair wrote:Due to planned maintenance, the Betfair Exchange will be unavailable on Thursday 14th January from 06:15 – 06:30 GMT.
Thanks, think they avoided any clashes this morning but it will clash into the last at Ararat which is at 06:20, definitely not as bad it used to be thought where they'd just take an hour or 2 out.
Dallas

Naffman wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:03 pm
Euler wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:35 am
Thanks, think they avoided any clashes this morning but it will clash into the last at Ararat which is at 06:20, definitely not as bad it used to be thought where they'd just take an hour or 2 out.
Its either less time for them to break something else in the process
Or more likely if they are rushing something

Take your pick :)
arbitrage16

Couple of ladder freezes on the 13.20 Naas, in-play.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”