A place to discuss anything.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:23 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:11 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:06 pm

Sticking to the script means doing whatever you want and claiming you're testing your eyes! It has been confirmed by the prime minister himself that by doing this you're doing absolutely nothing wrong. An alternative interpretation is, the advice is contradictory as he claimed you should stay at home but conversely claims there is not one rule for us and another rule for Cummings so you can take your pick!

My approach to social distancing is simple, don't meet people unless it's necessary, reasonable and justifiable after considering the alternatives. But it's my decision, not BJ's. :D
It goes like this,

You're safe to do this but don't do that... we will do that though while you're doing this. Going to work is safe for thee but not for me.
That goes along with my logic, what's necessary, reasonable and justifiable after considering the alternatives.

When you hear the advice, brush your teeth for 5 minutes, wash your hands for 20 seconds, don't meet in groups of more than 6; that's advice for the lowest common denominator. Intelligent people don't need a stopwatch to brush their teeth or wash their hands. 6 is a stupid limit. It might be necessary for 7 to meet, conversely, it might be unjustifiable for 3 people to meet.

You can now by toothbrushes with timers on them to tell you when you're teeth is clean - you don't even have to put it in your mouth and your teeth will be clean after 5 minutes. :lol:

Wash your hands for 20 seconds is particularly stupid advice. When I've been skinning chicken legs I wash my hands for at least a minute. Now they're telling me I'm too hygienic and have to reduce my level of handwashing!
Thank god common sense without instructions still exists, this post is proof. I started to feel that we are all living by instruction of the health and safety signs. If there is fire I dont need a sign to tell me the door is flipping exit... ill just exit.
Derek27

Has anyone had a relationship with somebody who spends 90% of their time talking on the phone and the remainder texting? Is it even possible?

I ask this as I"m sitting at the dinner table with her. :roll:
Derek27

...and 50 minutes on she still hasn't finished her dinner!
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:45 pm
Has anyone had a relationship with somebody who spends 90% of their time talking on the phone and the remainder texting? Is it even possible?

On your phone? Lead by example... lay down the rules at the dinner table and be sure to respond to any breach with swift, sharp and decisive violence, like a thist slam on the table surface... hopefully at this point you're getting my sarcasm.
Atho55

Not just the Forum you bore to tears then....
Derek27

Atho55 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:23 am
Not just the Forum you bore to tears then....
She's eager to come back so I can't be that boring. :)
spreadbetting

Maybe she thinks it's some kind of soup kitchen and it's just the free dinners that tempt her back. Are you a good cook?
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:35 am
Maybe she thinks it's some kind of soup kitchen and it's just the free dinners that tempt her back. Are you a good cook?
Adequate. She's made it clear she wants to be with me.....assuming the guy who was at a gathering a week ago and tested positive hasn't passed it on to her and then me!
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
My approach to social distancing is simple, don't meet people unless it's necessary, reasonable and justifiable after considering the alternatives. But it's my decision, not BJ's. :D
Agreed except I would certainly remove the "reasonable" and maybe the "justifiable" as well. If it's "necessary" then it will be "reasonable" and "justifiable" ... they are just opportunities to use as loopholes. The problem is we are a nation of rule benders. If we can find a way around a rule we will use it.

In yesterday's Downing Street Briefing the Top Plod (not intended to be derogatory, can't remember his name) recited a few cases of incredulous behaviour including someone on social media advertising a 'rave' (look at me, I'm going to break the law ... why not join me and do it to drugs and music!) and a mini-bus with I think 30+ morons on board from different households driving from Bristol to South Wales to go for a walk! With people like that there is no hope for our species!
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:

Why not send her a text over dinner and start a text convo?

My neighbour's daughter once sent her father a text asking him to make her a cup of tea and bring it to her in her bedroom!! Now that girl has style (and she's a bit of a looker ;) ). :lol:
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:18 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Agreed except I would certainly remove the "reasonable" and maybe the "justifiable" as well. If it's "necessary" then it will be "reasonable" and "justifiable" ... they are just opportunities to use as loopholes. The problem is we are a nation of rule benders. If we can find a way around a rule we will use it.

In yesterday's Downing Street Briefing the Top Plod (not intended to be derogatory, can't remember his name) recited a few cases of incredulous behaviour including someone on social media advertising a 'rave' (look at me, I'm going to break the law ... why not join me and do it to drugs and music!) and a mini-bus with I think 30+ morons on board from different households driving from Bristol to South Wales to go for a walk! With people like that there is no hope for our species!
I wasn't suggesting they should be the rules, they're just my own approach. It's pointless bending the rules if you only have to answer to yourself. :)
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:24 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Why not send her a text over dinner and start a text convo?

My neighbour's daughter once sent her father a text asking him to make her a cup of tea and bring it to her in her bedroom!! Now that girl has style (and she's a bit of a looker ;) ). :lol:
Good idea, I might do that next time: "I'm just off to the toilet" or " would you like another beer?" :lol:
Archery1969

Poor chap. Does nobody have a heart down under ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-55660592
Trader Pat

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:37 pm

Surely it cant be that difficult to catch it and repatriate it back to the States?

I'm sure somebody would be willing to set up a gofundme page to cover the costs
Archery1969

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:44 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:37 pm

Surely it cant be that difficult to catch it and repatriate it back to the States?

I'm sure somebody would be willing to set up a gofundme page to cover the costs
Their reaction is totally over the top in my opinion. But it's just a pigeon so I guess it's fate is doomed as there are far more important things to worry about in the world.

Do they track everything that flies into the country ? I bet loads does and goes unknown about.

Return to “General discussion”