Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:35 pm
...Bill Gates (don't know what he's done to deserve it).......
Windows updates
StellaBot

get job in ITU

YOU WILL GET CONFIRMATION
SweetLyrics

With respect, that is a non-argument.

A doctor dealing with Covid patients will see a lot of Covid patients.

An oncologist will see a lot of cancer patients.

Neither will be able to tell you about the extent of the illness they treat based purely on personal experience.
StellaBot wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:47 pm
get job in ITU

YOU WILL GET CONFIRMATION
Derek27

SweetLyrics wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:43 pm
And whilst I don't buy into conspiracy theories that what is happening throughout the world is a plan by the elites to bring about a massive redistribution of wealth, I don't completely dismiss those theories either
It's unusual to be quoted 4 times in the space of 5-10 minutes. :)

I knew nothing about the redistribution of wealth theory (and still don't) but the reason I dismiss it or have no interest in it is that I've only seen it put forward by people on this forum or YouTube videos who believe Trump won the election. :lol:
StellaBot

Totally disagree

Both may be unaware of the other diagnosis they are unaware of
Last edited by StellaBot on Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:46 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:35 pm
...Bill Gates (don't know what he's done to deserve it).......
Windows updates
Bill Gates is no longer running Microsoft but when he was, around the time of Windows 98/XP, Windows never updated or did anything without your permission - you had complete control if you wanted it.
Derek27

StellaBot wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:53 pm
Totally disagree
Now that's an argument. :)
SweetLyrics

My own view of Covid:

Yes, it's real.

Yes, it kills lots of people.

So does the flu.

So does smoking.

So does obesity.

So does childbirth.

So does driving.

However, in my opinion, and illness that 99% of people survive and where the average fatality is over 80 does not merit shutting down society and creating the worst recession in 300 years.

I quite like the Swedish model - isolate the elderly and other vulnerable people, and let everyone else get on with their lives.

I'm probably going to get flamed to death for that, especially from my old buddy Spreadbetting. Hey ho! :lol:

Jeff
jamesg46

"The Lizard people" are real, they're just not actual Lizards... when conspiracy people refer to Lizard people they're referring to a group of hackers (generally) - it just got made into a joke that conspiracy people believe in Lizard people.
The Silk Run

StellaBot wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:53 pm
Totally disagree

Both may be unaware of the other diagnosis they are unaware of
Move to Fat Finger or Darts topic please :D
SweetLyrics

Whether that was the intention, who knows?

I don't know how Covid came about. Was it an accident or deliberate? If the latter, who brought it about and why? Pass. I can only speculate.

However, when the government is spending so much money that even Jeremy Corbyn won't criticise them, something strange is going on somewhere...
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:52 pm
I knew nothing about the redistribution of wealth theory (and still don't) but the reason I dismiss it or have no interest in it is that I've only seen it put forward by people on this forum or YouTube videos who believe Trump won the election. :lol:
StellaBot

Mix Doctors and Oncologists up

Its Called NHS

When a patient/client entes the building
one has to wait for result of covid

regardgless if one is oncologist, biologist,physiotherapist. psychologist, phlebotomist etc etc
Derek27

SweetLyrics wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:56 pm
My own view of Covid:

Yes, it's real.

Yes, it kills lots of people.

So does the flu.

So does smoking.

So does obesity.

So does childbirth.

So does driving.

However, in my opinion, and illness that 99% of people survive and where the average fatality is over 80 does not merit shutting down society and creating the worst recession in 300 years.

I quite like the Swedish model - isolate the elderly and other vulnerable people, and let everyone else get on with their lives.

I'm probably going to get flamed to death for that, especially from my old buddy Spreadbetting. Hey ho! :lol:

Jeff
There is a flaw in that opinion. The above list are not illnesses but things that can cause/result in illness and death, and with the exception of flu they are not contagious, so comparing percentage survival rates becomes meaningless. Not everybody smokes, gives birth or drives but everybody will be subjected to the virus if we don't take drastic measures.
StellaBot

Another initiatiave

Pay the non believers £25

To walk through ITU for 24 hours without mask

;)
SweetLyrics

All I am saying is that there is such a thing as an acceptable risk. You can't insulate yourself from risk without taking such extreme measures that, ironically, there is a danger of even creating even greater risk.

Some people say, for example, that lives are more important than the economy. However, that argument breaks down when you consider that you need a healthy economy for the NHS to buy drugs. To put it crudely, if the economy ends up fucked because the government has shut down just about every business out there, then the NHS will be fucked too, and people will die.

Jeff

Return to “General discussion”