90 Day Football Trading Challenge

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Anbell

Alexander_99 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:38 pm
DAY 9: a decent day. 19% bank growth from yesterday. Total bank growth from day 1: 58%.
Seems like it was a good idea to post publicly so you have to answer to others if you do something contrary to your plan. Good job.
DarkPrince87

DarkPrince87 wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:52 pm
Day 1 - 7/7 Trades - $110 Total Staked - $14.09 Profit
Day 2 - 4/6 Trades - $160 Total Staked - $6.39 Profit
Day 3 - 8/8 Trades - $85 Total Staked - $9.89 Profit
Day 4 - 9/11 Trades - $260 Total Stakes - $20.21 Profit
Day 5 - 5/5 Trades - $110 Total Stakes - $12.02 Profit
Day 6/7/8/9/10 - 80/89 Trades - $Too lazy to add it up - $29.52 Profit

Main focus was testing if the bot would work as expected (which it doesnt, need lots more work on it)...so I ended up doing ALOT of trades overnight while I slept with $1 stakes hoping the bot would work (I can get the entry criterion working and the bet placed with the right conditions, just not the trade out)...majority of the time the trade (well really at this stage its more like a bet) would be successful...in saying that there are a handful of games where I should have traded out for a small loss if the bot had worked as intended.

Without getting the strategy automated I am really restricted to a handful or so games a day (most of which poor liquidity), would really love to be able to tap into those European leagues.
Alexander_99

Days 10 and 11: total 10% loss over the last two days. A setback.
Alexander_99

Day 12: 11% increase of the bank from day 11.
Demolitica

I'll dive in for a laugh, This is my new bot which has been running for the last 4 days. Started with a £22 balance using £2 fixed stakes.

Day 1 = £11.58 Profit
Day 2 = £12.1 Profit
Day 3 = -£7.73 Loss
Day 4 = -9.07 Loss

Total = £12.30 Profit over 105 trades. +56% of initial bank

Modified today so expecting to see around +£9 tomorrow depending on how many games it gets on. Hope it manages to reach the magic £80 before it goes bust so I can set a 2.5% stake as standard. Wish me luck.
Last edited by Demolitica on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alexander_99

Day 13 and 14: total 21% increase on the bank from day 12.
NickH

Sounds good! Keep up the good work I would say!
Demolitica

Just to update where I am, know it's been a while, so I've had mixed results, the peak was £67ish but currently sat around £45. I'm getting really disheartened at the moment. All my data suggests the strategy is profitable, yet in reality, it looks like it's possibly just completely random variation, with really good days and really bad days. Huge swings and no real consistency. I'm constantly looking to refine my windows but with every refinement, I'm cutting out opportunities which I don't have huge amounts of data to suggest they are not long term profitable. Still, I'm looking for consistency so I'm happy to cut out short term variation if I can find a window which offers consistent returns.

Still £45 bank is up by around 100% on the starting stake.

Will keep going and feedback as and when I can. Your strategy sounds like it's working. Hope it continues to succeed.
goat68

Demolitica wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:36 pm
Just to update where I am, know it's been a while, so I've had mixed results, the peak was £67ish but currently sat around £45. I'm getting really disheartened at the moment. All my data suggests the strategy is profitable, yet in reality, it looks like it's possibly just completely random variation, with really good days and really bad days. Huge swings and no real consistency. I'm constantly looking to refine my windows but with every refinement, I'm cutting out opportunities which I don't have huge amounts of data to suggest they are not long term profitable. Still, I'm looking for consistency so I'm happy to cut out short term variation if I can find a window which offers consistent returns.

Still £45 bank is up by around 100% on the starting stake.

Will keep going and feedback as and when I can. Your strategy sounds like it's working. Hope it continues to succeed.
Welcome to my world!
Demolitica

Gave up on it for the record
Emmson

Demolitica wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:02 pm
Most of them do :|

I am planning my own challenge, Betdaq straight betting challenge. 1 bet only (back or lay) allowed in any 1 market. It will take shape sometime in forthcoming year starting with a very modest starting bank of £20 £50 or £100
Anbell

Alexander_99 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:53 pm
Day 13 and 14: total 21% increase on the bank from day 12.
How you doing Alexander_99?
ODPaul82

football 90 day.png
January up until yesterday football only , today down 2.1 points
It's one strategy, no mixture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ANGELS15

Emmson wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:48 pm
Demolitica wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:02 pm
Most of them do :|

I am planning my own challenge, Betdaq straight betting challenge. 1 bet only (back or lay) allowed in any 1 market. It will take shape sometime in forthcoming year starting with a very modest starting bank of £20 £50 or £100
The useful thing about using Betdaq is you can have a minimum stake of £1 so it's possible to start with a very small bank.
phungdao

Alexander_99 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:07 am
This might seem like a rip-off this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22665, but in truth I wanted to do something similar in spirit for a while. I trade football daily, or almost daily, so the idea is to document my daily profit / loss as a % of my bank. I am not setting any particular stupid challenges for myself like "make X profit per day", though.

I am trading / betting inplay on match odds and over / under goal markets only, when I am watching the live match. I am not using any "historical" stats as such, rather simply attempting to read the flow of the game and decide if it's worth it to get involved. However, I do know and follow the recent performances of teams, which does help me make a decision.

A part of the reason for doing this is that although I am making a profit, I do have discipline issues. Namely, that I tend to lapse into betting or scalping on "unders" market, quite often when the match is unsuitable for doing so, in an attempt to make some "easy" money - which proved very costly, time and time again. So the aim for the next 90 days would be to either abstain from, or at least minimise, backing "unders" market, and concentrate mainly on match odds and backing overs.

I typically stake anything between 1% and 10% of my bank per trade, and I tend to enter multiple markets on certain games - hence in one such match, I could be risking up to around 12% of my bank at once. My betting approach has a huge variance - on some days, my bank increases by 100-200%, only then to encounter large losses and barely break even. So let's wait and see.

This thread is also for anyone who also wants to share their daily achievements (or failures).
very interesting ,im a flow of the game guy too,theres a saying in london that this game got a draw wriiten all over it,i guess our job as traders (automated trader is trying to make a bot) that can reconised the flow as good as us humans can,which im finding extremely hard

Return to “Football trading”