US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:38 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:31 pm
Wow... biggest witch hunt ever! 🎣

Donald Trump Jr for 2024! 😂
I'd love to see him run. It would remind me of Dan Quale, they picked him as VP but didn't realise how daft he was until he started making speeches. :lol:
Would he follow his Dad and donate his salary???

America is doomed.

Chimerica is on its way!
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:

I'd love to see him run. It would remind me of Dan Quale, they picked him as VP but didn't realise how daft he was until he started making speeches. :lol:
“I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future”

🤣🤣🤣
Derek27

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:47 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:

“I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future”

🤣🤣🤣
I can't find it anywhere but I liked the "space is big, I mean really big. In fact some people think it goes on forever" speech. :)
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:57 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:47 pm
Derek27 wrote:

🤣🤣🤣
I can't find it anywhere but I liked the "space is big, I mean really big. In fact some people think it goes on forever" speech. :)
Your mission if you choose to accept it is ⬆️⬆️⬆️
Derek27

It's a bit late condemning violence now Mr Trump, you should have done that a week ago!!
Zenyatta

superfrank wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:52 am

Big Tech is stuffed full of leftist, snowflake authoritarians (on the non-tech side) - witness the James Damore Google memo incident.

The British government should do more to protect free speech. Democracy is nothing without it.

Those on the left who delight in these bans (because it favours their side) should be careful what they wish for. You can never be woke enough for these twats. Don't think they won't come for you too in the end.
Nah, you actually have to do an awful lot wrong to get permanently kicked off social media. Not all so-called 'opinions' are in good faith. Some people are out only for dollars and clicks, and they willfully flood social media with fake news and conspiracy theories that they themselves don't believe. This is the equivalent of 'verbal fraud' (or , in non-politically correct terms, 'shameless bull-shitting'). If they didn't kick those people, the whole platform would be over-run with this sort of bollocks.
Derek27

Trump's still complaining about being blocked by Twitter but it was okay for him to ban TikTok. :)
Euler

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced on Wednesday that the city will terminate business contracts with the Trump Organization following last week's Capitol insurrection. Mayor de Blasio said the city has “the right to terminate contracts...if a criminal act has been committed, and a criminal act has been committed.” In response to the announcement, President Trump’s son, Eric, said NYC “has no legal right to end our contracts and if they elect to proceed, they will owe The Trump Organization over $30 million dollars.”
Realrocknrolla

BREAKING: Now that FBI's confirmed the Capitol riots were planned many days prior to President Trump's Jan. 6 speech, Dem impeachers are now moving the goalposts for proving Trump incited the violence from his 1/6 speech to remarks he made weeks earlier re election being "stolen"
Derek27

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:46 am
BREAKING: Now that FBI's confirmed the Capitol riots were planned many days prior to President Trump's Jan. 6 speech, Dem impeachers are now moving the goalposts for proving Trump incited the violence from his 1/6 speech to remarks he made weeks earlier re election being "stolen"
I don't think they need to prove Trump was responsible for organising the protest. Stirring and adding fuel to the fire should be sufficient.
Euler

I don't really think the debate is around Trump organising the riots, it's more encouraging them and even as they happened just stoking them further. Rudy told the protestors on the day to go into combat if necessary.

Still fresh in my memory is how he said nothing as the attack was underway then released a statement via his iPhone about how the election was stolen and the fight continues. That was when a lot of people realised he was happy to sink to any level to retain power.
LeTiss

There's an element of hypocrisy here though from the Democrats. A few months back, they were encouraging BLM to burn down cities
Euler

Not sure I've heard of politicians being self-serving and hypocritical before? :lol:
superfrank

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:37 am
There's an element of hypocrisy here though from the Democrats. A few months back, they were encouraging BLM to burn down cities
+1

The Democrats tried to remove him from office using fair means or foul from the minute he was elected (which is probably why so many believed in the possibility of election fraud this time).

Remember it was the Russians that rigged the 2016 election (and Brexit!).
silkysoph

Where did you park your spaceship!? :D

Return to “Political betting & arguing”