US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Trader Pat

Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:14 pm
The GOP need to decide if they move ahead with or without him really.
I think McConnell has played a blinder politically. The GOP can get rid of him for good without having to do anything themselves and can then blame it all on the Democrats.

Delaying the impeachment trial until after Jan 20th will mean the Dems will need 17 Republicans on side to convict Trump but they wont need any Republican votes to ban him running again as they just need a simple majority for that. Problem with that is it will be seen as party politics. Some of the Republicans who would have voted to ban him running again won't need to because they know the Dems will have enough votes on their own. Therefore they can have their cake and eat it by keeping their base on side.
Derek27

I think it's time for a 34th Amendment - establishing what misdemeanours will put the president in front of a firing squad. ;)
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:14 pm
The GOP need to decide if they move ahead with or without him really.
They need to go with someone with similar views but is also a bit more of a politician if that makes sense. 50% of people voted for Biden because he wasn't Trump, also Trump will have lost a lot of support because of what happened in Georgia last week.

Problem is if Trump or his son runs as an independent than the Rep. nominee has no chance no matter how good they are.
Derek27

It's very sad that 5 people died in the riots but I wonder how many will die as a result of the spread of Covid-19 amongst that crowd.
Derek27

Ivanka Trump's questioning what her career's gonna be and even where she will be living! I've given her Kai's address. :)
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:00 pm
Ivanka Trump's questioning what her career's gonna be and even where she will be living! I've given her Kai's address. :)
Give her my address, mobile number, DOB and bank details.... :)
Derek27

The guy in the horns is blaming Trump or claiming he was answering Trump's call. I'm sure many more will do the same. :D
Kai

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:20 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:00 pm
Give her my address, mobile number, DOB and bank details.... :)
I can neither confirm nor deny that miss Ivanka is currently residing with me, while her body double is stuck in Washington with the reptilian being they call Jared. I cannot comment on this.

But I will say that the annoying secret service guy Meechum is a bit of a third wheel though :evil:
Naffman

Twitter share price well down since they banned Trump, but if these guys really hate Twitter and want to make them feel the consequences then they should leave the platform, it's like people who slate Betfair but continue to use it day after day.
Archery1969

The FBI have identified and are closing in on over 200 suspects who are planning armed discruptions leading upto the 20th January. :o
Trader Pat

Meanwhile in other news the NRA have filed for bankruptcy...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasre ... e92d8b7962

Looks like its some kind of ploy to avoid criminal charges by moving its operations from New York to Texas
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:04 pm

Looks like its some kind of ploy to avoid criminal charges by moving its operations from New York to Texas
A politicians approach to regulating anything is not prohibition (particularly in the US they've got the T-shirt about how well that works)..Bdien will attempt to begin the encroachment of the regulation. But Obama failed and Biden will too, which is very, very sad in my view. The right to bear arms is total bollocks. Except for being surrounded by right-wing looney tune survivalists threatening civil war if they lose their toys.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:55 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:04 pm

A politicians approach to regulating anything is not prohibition (particularly in the US they've got the T-shirt about how well that works)..Bdien will attempt to begin the encroachment of the regulation. But Obama failed and Biden will too, which is very, very sad in my view. The right to bear arms is total bollocks. Except for being surrounded by right-wing looney tune survivalists threatening civil war if they lose their toys.
You'd hope with control of the House & Senate they'd at least be able to get tighter gun control laws. Even that though could be reversed by a future president or the courts.

I think they need some kind of referendum on gun control. A majority of the public voting for it would be much tougher to overturn.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:55 pm
The right to bear arms is total bollocks. Except for being surrounded by right-wing looney tune survivalists threatening civil war if they lose their toys.
The right to bear arms is total bollocks. Except for being surrounded by left-wing radicals starting civil war cause they couldn't get their etatistical laws by legal way.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”