Unintentionally placing bets switching from Guardian

Help improve Bet Angel.
Anbell

This might seem like a really dumb thing, but it happens to me all the time:

I try to double-click on an event in Guardian to pull up a race on the one-click screen, and I'm not sure if I triple click or something, but in the process of trying to open the race, I accidentally have a bet.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Perhaps if there was a way to implement a delay such that the betting screen won't activate within 1 sec of being opened might help. I've been trying to open it using ENTER instead of double-clicking, but bad habits are hard to break.
sionascaig

Never had a problem after placing guardian on a separate screen )
MemphisFlash

What you could do is set your Back stake and lay stake to 0.
That might prevent a bet going in .
Anbell

MemphisFlash wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:25 am
What you could do is set your Back stake and lay stake to 0.
That might prevent a bet going in .
Yeah - that would work, but Im betting on 80 races per day, across 7 accounts on 3 different machines, so that'd be a pain. If no-one else is having the same problem then I'll have to find an Anbell-based solution.
Jukebox

I've done it myself more than once - the first time created a hefty back bet on 0-0 on a match that already had goals - the bet wasn't all matched at 1000 either as it was hefty enough to take everything there and below down to about 40.

If setting the default bet size to tiny or using a default multiscreen layout isn't for you then you can use the right click option to open the screen safely.
Anbell

Jukebox wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:39 am
I've done it myself more than once - the first time created a hefty back bet on 0-0 on a match that already had goals - the bet wasn't all matched at 1000 either as it was hefty enough to take everything there and below down to about 40.

If setting the default bet size to tiny or using a default multiscreen layout isn't for you then you can use the right click option to open the screen safely.
good advice. Thanks.
LeTiss

Yes, I have done it when in a rush to get onto a market

The best advice I can give is exactly what Jukebox said....when entering a market from Guardian now, I always right-click first followed by a one-click with the left
jimibt

i've never encountered this problem probably for yet another reason. my screens are arranged so that i have the one click screen to the left of my screen and guardian arranged over to the right. this is how i've always had it - it wasn't something i did to avoid issues, but it certainly would help in your instance Anbell...
Anbell

jimibt wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:49 pm
i've never encountered this problem probably for yet another reason. my screens are arranged so that i have the one click screen to the left of my screen and guardian arranged over to the right. this is how i've always had it - it wasn't something i did to avoid issues, but it certainly would help in your instance Anbell...
Thanks for the tip. It's funny that we all use BA so differently that one person might run into a problem that seems so weird to another user, and one user's simple solution never occurred to another user.

Dog bless the forums.

Your suggestion makes perfect sense in general but I'm short of screen real estate because I'm running multiple instances, so I'm trying to partially implement.

The left click/right click thing seems to be working reasonably well - so thanks again for that tip.

Return to “Suggestions”