You tube channel for how to use Automation.

Help improve Bet Angel.
xtrader14

Hi,

I'd like to propose a subscription funded channel on You Tube or any other platform which teaches or trains you in how to use Bet Angel Automation and Servant facilities.

For the people who already understand the details this will be a laughable suggestion, but that is because you already know how to use it.

The subscription would pay for whoever is running the channel/service as an income and cover all costs. If you dont want to subscribe to it then dont.

It doesn't even have to be a Bet Angel employee just somebody who understands the different aspects on how to set things up.

If we can get 200 people at £10 per month that's £2000/month, not a bad second income.

I know people will say its not that difficult but I just do not have the time to sit there and learn all the different paths Bet Angel has in a trial and error scenario.

So if you know the in's and out's of Automation and Servant plus excel and want to earn an extra £2000ish per month feel free to take up my suggestion.

Please dont come back to me and say it's pretty easy. It might be but I just dont have the time to go through it.

What harm can this do? It might even add subscribers or stop people from leaving Bet Angel.

Thanks for listening.
The Silk Run

That's a GOOD pitch xtrader14, I support that. Always learning, always ....
Trader Pat

There are a few of problems I see with this. The first is finding someone willing & able to produce videos and then having the time to answer the questions they'll likely be bombarded with on a daily basis.

The second one is I don't think its necessary. There are plenty of resources between the user guide, Bet Angel TV and probably most valuable of all the forum itself which explains every aspect of the automation in detail.

And thirdly probably most importantly you say you don't have the time, unfortunately you need to commit time to automation to get your head around it. Creating a profitable bot is pretty time consuming and can take months and requires constant tweaking and tinkering, anybody who is successful with automation can testify to that. But understanding automation shouldn't be, you've got lots of resources available and my advice would be to download some ready made automation files from the forum and deconstruct them to see how they work. If you want to crack automation then you need to put the time and effort in yourself, unfortunately there's no shortcut.

Like I said there are plenty of resources that walk you through each aspect of automation already, if you have a particular question it will get answered in the forum. The only benefit I'd see to a subscription service like this is if you think somebody will share their wisdom and walk you through creating a profitable bot... that ain't going to happen. Anyone who's successful with automation guard their secrets with their life and rightly so, automation is much tougher to crack than manual trading (imo).

There are a couple of guys on the forum that you can hire to build a bot for you to your specs if you tell them what you are trying to do but as for understanding automation you really need to put the time in yourself to achieve that.

Good luck
Kai

xtrader14 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:04 pm
Please dont come back to me and say it's pretty easy. It might be but I just dont have the time to go through it.
If you can't afford investing a couple of weeks time in learning how to use BA automation then you certainly won't have the time to create profitable automation.

The initial learning curve can be steep, steeper depending on your background, but I think Peter/Dallas already do more than enough to help BA customers, with Youtube playlists, starter bots on the forum and daily auto support too.

Paying someone a tenner to help you make profitable bots doesn't make much sense.
xtrader14

Bet Angel TV is great as an Introduction but I would really like something that gets right into the nitty gritty of the software.

Something that could be interactive on a live platform and an on-going process so there is constant development.

I might even learn to do this myself and charge 200 people £20 per month but it would take me a long time to learn everything I'd expect the tutor to know......
xtrader14

Kai wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:35 pm
xtrader14 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:04 pm
If you can't afford investing a couple of weeks time in learning how to use BA automation then you certainly won't have the time to create profitable automation.

The initial learning curve can be steep, steeper depending on your background, but I think Peter/Dallas already do more than enough to help BA customers, with You Tube playlists, starter bots on the forum and daily auto support too.

Paying someone a tenner to help you make profitable bots doesn't make much sense.
Where do I start with this....First of all there is no way I could learn everything that Bet Angel has to offer in terms of Automation/Servant in two weeks.

Secondly, I did say that it didn't have to be a BA employee and could be a trader/subscriber to be the tutor.

Finally, I dont expect anybody to make me profitable for £10. I was asking for some form of on going tutelage as to how the software works in video format. I'm not asking for specific strategies. I'm not asking anybody to 'make me profitable'. How did you read what I said and get to that point?

As somebody who doesn't really understand how some parts of the software link up and work in an operational capacity I understand how people can sit there trying to set up automation files and after 3-4 hours them still not work.

This idea would potentially actually take work away from Dallas (who goes far beyond his remit) and put it in the hands of a 3rd party at zero cost to BA.

In theory, somebody could set this up, charge £10/20 per month and this becomes their full time job. 200 subscribers would be up to £4000 per month income, working from home, trading as well. A great opportunity for somebody.

If you dont want to use it then dont.
JTEDL

I think something like this has been already been attempted - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn57OHlWZUg

Not sure if ever got started or is still going???
TraderFred

Why dont you just ask some specific questions on the forum? That’s what everybody else does and they seem to get answered pretty quickly.

Can’t see you getting 200 hundred paying subscribers, not when you can get all the information on here for free ?
Kai

If you don't have the passion for auto then I wouldn't bother.

I certainly don't, hate programming etc with a passion and I'm the opposite of a quant, whatever that is, but I do have a good friend with a passion for it, otherwise I wouldn't bother either.

If you want to learn ASAP you can always try and find/pay a tutor to break things down for you, at your own pace and free time, and for your specific needs etc. Would take forever for a YT channel to upload a ton of random advanced automation videos. Most people just use the forum for that purpose.
xtrader14

Kai wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:22 pm
If you don't have the passion for auto then I wouldn't bother.

I certainly don't, hate programming etc with a passion and I'm the opposite of a quant, whatever that is, but I do have a good friend with a passion for it, otherwise I wouldn't bother either.

If you want to learn ASAP you can always try and find/pay a tutor to break things down for you, at your own pace and free time, and for your specific needs etc. Would take forever for a YT channel to upload a ton of random advanced automation videos. Most people just use the forum for that purpose.
What a strange mindset you have.....very negative. You didn't list one advantage to having access to this service but instead listed problem after problem. If we listened to you nothing new would ever get off the ground.
Kai

If it's a good idea then it should survive a bit of constructive criticism, many will back it up and there's nothing to worry about ;)

Eh, speaking of negativity, hate to point out the obvious but this must be the most negative thread titles in the past 2 years. Because such a channel already exists. This just takes a massive dump on the work of Peter and Dallas by saying their channel etc is shit and that someone else should do it properly.

So I don't see this as a serious suggestion at all, just someone venting their frustration and wanting to throw a jibe their way. But no need to bother convincing me otherwise, you should focus on convincing them instead :)
xtrader16

Kai wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:55 pm
If it's a good idea then it should survive a bit of constructive criticism, many will back it up and there's nothing to worry about ;)

Eh, speaking of negativity, hate to point out the obvious but this must be the most negative thread titles in the past 2 years. Because such a channel already exists. This just takes a massive dump on the work of Peter and Dallas by saying their channel etc is shit and that someone else should do it properly.

So I don't see this as a serious suggestion at all, just someone venting their frustration and wanting to throw a jibe their way. But no need to bother convincing me otherwise, you should focus on convincing them instead :)
There is NOTHING constructive in anything you have said. I think what YOU said about Peter and Dallas is very disrespectful. You just do not seem to grasp anything from the idea at all. Maybe you are limited in your thinking process.

People learn in all different ways. Some people will be able to read a thread/paper and some people will learn faster when seeing it in action on video where they can visually see what is required. To somebody who understands how all the variants of automation work they are obviously not going to appreciate it as much as those who struggle setting auto files up, which I suggest there are quite a few. Maybe you don’t want people to have automation profiles set up, maybe that’s your motivation towards your negative reaction.

This is a full-time job opportunity that could earn somebody £2000-4000+ (if people bought into it) each month by helping people who need help. What is £20 per month ? You will lose more than that in time sitting there going through your automation files that need constant tweaking in practise mode over a 30-day period.

In true Forest Gump terms: That is all I have to say about that.
goat68

As a programmer myself, it took me an afternoon to get the hang of Guardian mainly with the help of the User Guide and some of Dallas's samples.
It's taken me over a month so far to develop probably over 20 bot variations, none of which are profitable! Understanding Guardian was the easy bit for me, creating a profitable bot is more challenging...
The Silk Run

goat68 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:06 pm
As a programmer myself, it took me an afternoon to get the hang of Guardian mainly with the help of the User Guide and some of Dallas's samples.
It's taken me over a month so far to develop probably over 20 bot variations, none of which are profitable! Understanding Guardian was the easy bit for me, creating a profitable bot is more challenging...
I think you have right mindset for trading and your developing skills are transferable. Just persevere and ignore silly comments from UN's like SR :D
I still like xtrader14/16 pitch. Follow your instincts that's where true wisdom manifests itself !!

Have a nice day
Minnie LAI

Return to “Suggestions”