You tube channel for how to use Automation.

Help improve Bet Angel.
xtrader16

Hi Goat68....As a programmer I'd assume thing like this are second nature to you. It is not so straight forward to alot of people. Guardian basics (outside of Automation & Excel) is pretty staight forward and can be learnt via the manual, there is not much to it.

"Understanding Guardian was the easy bit for me, creating a profitable bot is more challenging..."

I'd suggest the better understand you have of all the automation options the better chance you'd have of finding a profitable strategy. You should look to team up with somebody who might have profitable strategies and doesnt know how to use excel with Macros. It would be interesting to see what % of BA users actually use Automation profiles I'd assume it was less than 20% of subscribers.
goat68

The Silk Run wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:18 pm
goat68 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:06 pm
As a programmer myself, it took me an afternoon to get the hang of Guardian mainly with the help of the User Guide and some of Dallas's samples.
It's taken me over a month so far to develop probably over 20 bot variations, none of which are profitable! Understanding Guardian was the easy bit for me, creating a profitable bot is more challenging...
I think you have right mindset for trading and your developing skills are transferable. Just persevere and ignore silly comments from UN's like SR :D
I still like xtrader14/16 pitch. Follow your instincts that's where true wisdom manifests itself !!

Have a nice day
Minnie LAI
Thanks, bot tweak 21 is looking good so far this week 🤞
The Silk Run

Kool. Keep us all updated ...
xtrader16

Kai wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:22 pm
If you don't have the passion for auto then I wouldn't bother.

I certainly don't, hate programming etc with a passion and I'm the opposite of a quant, whatever that is, but I do have a good friend with a passion for it, otherwise I wouldn't bother either.

If you want to learn ASAP you can always try and find/pay a tutor to break things down for you, at your own pace and free time, and for your specific needs etc. Would take forever for a YT channel to upload a ton of random advanced automation videos. Most people just use the forum for that purpose.
Sorry about me....I just can't help myself.

Reading back through this thread I've notice you are already are (more or less), doing exactly what my proposition is.

Because you don’t understand the automation process fully (by your own admission) you have reached out to a subject matter expert who can show you how to create ad hoc automation files or set them up for you. This is the hight of hypocrisy. Its unbelievable that you would find numerous reasons why it wouldn’t work when you are already doing the exact same thing on a one-to-one basis. The only difference is my idea is to help a large group of people and yours is just for you.

Unbelievable.

.......and then you suggest I "try and find/pay a tutor to break things down for you".....that's my whole point....thats what my whole idea IS....F>F>.S.
Kai

xtrader16 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:44 pm
Reading back through this thread I've notice you are already are (more or less), doing exactly what my proposition is.

Because you don’t understand the automation process fully (by your own admission) you have reached out to a subject matter expert who can show you how to create ad hoc automation files or set them up for you. This is the hight of hypocrisy. Its unbelievable that you would find numerous reasons why it wouldn’t work when you are already doing the exact same thing on a one-to-one basis. The only difference is my idea is to help a large group of people and yours is just for you.

Unbelievable.

.......and then you suggest I "try and find/pay a tutor to break things down for you".....that's my whole point....thats what my whole idea IS....F>F>.S.
Yeah, nice try but nope. What I do with automation is not open for discussion, sorry about that :)
xtrader16 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:27 am
Maybe you are limited in your thinking process.
Maybe I am, because I still don't understand whether you want someone to dumb it down for you or to teach you the more advanced stuff :) I suspect the former.

But no need to lose your shit over one opinion, even though 2-3 others gave you similar feedback, if my opinion turns out to be wrong I have no problem accepting that or changing it :)

Actually, maybe you've already convinced me and maybe you're not taking the piss at all. If so, I can throw in an extra few suggestions, that Peter creates a Youtube channel for how to trade horse racing. And it would be helpful if he can create some trading software as well to make it easier to place bets, we could all pitch in with £12.50 monthly for that one. And if I'm not asking too much, maybe he could create a public forum where we could discuss trading, argue about politics and post further clever suggestions.
Trader Pat

xtrader16 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:27 am

This is a full-time job opportunity that could earn somebody £2000-4000+ (if people bought into it) each month by helping people who need help. What is £20 per month ? You will lose more than that in time sitting there going through your automation files that need constant tweaking in practice mode over a 30-day period.
The idea has merit but I don't think you're looking at it from a practical point of view.

For a start I don't think you'd get 200 subscribers but lets say you did. Producing the videos wouldn't be all that time consuming but answering the questions from 200 people would be. How many questions do you think would be fired at this poor guy on a daily basis? You're right it would be a full time job, 4-5 hours every day answering questions.

And you wouldn't need hundreds of video's to cover everything you want so after a month or two I think most people after watching all these videos would have a good handle on how everything works. There would be no longer any need for a subscription service.

I think its more feasible to set up some kind of group like you suggested where people can get together and fill in the blanks for each other. The problem even with that is for every 10 people who are there to learn the ins and outs of the software there will be 100 people there to just nick an idea or two and who will contribute nothing.

Imo you're looking at this whole subject too big picture and that can be very daunting, You're best off focusing on one piece of automation and understanding that then moving on to another piece.

It doesn't happen overnight but it can be worth it in the end

Return to “Suggestions”