'Scalp the Crossover' Error

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
1969er

So after testing the unedited 'Scalp the Crossover' file without any problems and on average showing a positive return I decided to come out of practice mode and go live. Lost a few pound on the first two races then gained a few on the third then made the mistake of leaving it whilst I went out for five minutes. I looked at my phone to see I had a £180 loss on the fourth race so quickly went back to my pc. In all the times I have been on practice mode the biggest loss I had seen was around the £10 mark.
When I looked at the logs there was an error on both the race that I lost the £180 on and the subsequent race on which I made a small amount of money. The error is:

23/01/2021 13:04:52: [G_Auto] : An error occurred while cancelling bets: The entire order has been rejected.

Can anyone help me understand the cause of the error? £180 hurts!
ODPaul82

Were you by any chance initially laying under the £2 amount at higher odds?
I was mucking about with something the other day where I was laying by liability with low stakes, a selection withdrawn. When I went to re-trigger keep bets it gave me the same error message.
1969er

Morning, no all my bets have been at £10, I’ve made no changes to the downloaded bot. I looked at the logs of the three other races I made small profits and losses on and they also had the same error. It looks like I went into each of the races with live lay bets and have really come a cropper on one of those races.
I’m going to look at modifying the bot so it backs first and scalps on the lay. I need to find out the cause of the problem but if it ever where to happen again with an unmatched back bet at least my liabilities are minimised.
Archery1969

This has happened to me in the past, its todo with the fill/kill functionality and/or a communication problem with Betfair. Basically BetAngel thinks the lay is cancelled or killed, so it never places the back bet.

What i did is abolish using fill/kill and handle everything with signals and separate lay/back rules and greenup before going in-play.
puntinrolls

Similar to Archery's post
I don't know that bot but from what Archery has described as his solution, I think I've had the same problem and did a similar solution as Archery on my bot, were I scraped kill or fill and made my own.

You can get a situation were you cancel the kill or fill in between the process (I'm assuming) were the bet is matched but no ofset is placed
1969er

The error occurred in each occasion after which is the final command in the bot. If it was a kill/fill error I think the error would be interspersed throughout the log rather than after greening started. The one change I did make when I went live, and I'm not really sure why I made the change, is that in Guardian I changed the refresh from 1 second to 500ms but I can't see how that would make any difference.
Archery1969

1969er wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:51 am
The error occurred in each occasion after which is the final command in the bot. If it was a kill/fill error I think the error would be interspersed throughout the log rather than after greening started. The one change I did make when I went live, and I'm not really sure why I made the change, is that in Guardian I changed the refresh from 1 second to 500ms but I can't see how that would make any difference.
It will be down to one or more of the following:

- Fill / Kill
- Communication error with Betfair
- Refreshing
- WiFi (You should be using a cable to the router and not relying on WiFi)

Since i removed Fill / Kill and started using signals to see what bets have been placed, matched, unmatched or missing then it now works perfectly and I dont need to worry anymore.
1969er

Thanks Archery, I'll go through your suggestions one at a time and make the relevant changes to see if it resolves the problem. I edited the bot today but left the greening command as is, the first race I tested it on (in practice mode) did not error but neither did it green up. I think I'll go with your cable to the router suggestion as my first roll of the dice.
Archery1969

1969er wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:27 pm
Thanks Archery, I'll go through your suggestions one at a time and make the relevant changes to see if it resolves the problem. I edited the bot today but left the greening command as is, the first race I tested it on (in practice mode) did not error but neither did it green up. I think I'll go with your cable to the router suggestion as my first roll of the dice.
WiFi can be a big issue and not recommend for trading or anything money critical. Allot of other signals can make the connection drop. Even a nanosecond, which you wouldn’t notice might be enough to fcuk things up.

Also, awhile ago my broadband would drop if the phone rang. Had filters installed but still caused an issue. Found out there was a problem with the junction box serving the whole street.

And some laptop / Windows machines put WiFi into sleep mode if on battery.

Best to get a high speed cable and check router / broadband is working good etc.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”