Shortcuts question

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
jamesedwards

Hi, according to the BA help file the only keys that can be used together to trigger rules are CTRL, ALT and SHFT (plus any character key). Just checking whether this is still accurate as this gives only 7 possible combinations and I'm looking for closer to 16 if there is anyway to do this? eg adding windows, alt gr, or menu key?
Dallas

There are over 200 actions you can assign to short cut keys of your choice
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/key ... ditor.html
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:24 pm
Sorry I didn't explain myself properly.

With reference to...
"When capturing a keystroke combinations of Ctrl, Alt & Shift are supported in conjunction with the usual alphanumeric keys."
...I'm looking to create more than the 7 keystroke combinations possible from Ctrl, Alt & Shift. eg if it was possible to use Ctrl, Alt, Shift & Windows then I could get 15 combinations from these.

I assume this is still not possible but thought I would check before I create loads of work for myself.
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:31 pm
Dallas wrote:

With reference to...
"When capturing a keystroke combinations of Ctrl, Alt & Shift are supported in conjunction with the usual alphanumeric keys."
...I'm looking to create more than the 7 keystroke combinations possible from Ctrl, Alt & Shift. eg if it was possible to use Ctrl, Alt, Shift & Windows then I could get 15 combinations from these.

I assume this is still not possible but thought I would check before I create loads of work for myself.
So instead of assigning actions to a single key you want to assign them to a combination of keys?

I think what you might be looking at is the old 'hotkeys' which was very limited and was superseded by the keyboard shortcut editor allowing you to map far more actions to single keys
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:50 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Dallas wrote:

With reference to...

So instead of assigning actions to a single key you want to assign them to a combination of keys?

I think what you might be looking at is the old 'hotkeys' which was very limited and was superseded by the keyboard shortcut editor allowing you to map far more actions to single keys
No, sorry. I want more than 7 combinations of non-alphanumeric keys but I don't think there are any more than 7 that work with BA?
Alt
Shift
Ctrl
Alt + Shift
Alt + Ctrl
Shift + Ctrl
Alt + Shift + Ctrl.

eg if I was able to also use the Windows key then I could add another 8 combinations to the above but I don't think BA can do this?
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:08 pm
Dallas wrote:
jamesedwards wrote:

With reference to... ...I'm looking to create more than the 7 keystroke combinations possible from Ctrl, Alt & Shift. eg if it was possible to use Ctrl, Alt, Shift & Windows then I could get 15 combinations from these.

No, sorry. I want more than 7 combinations of non-alphanumeric keys but I don't think there are any more than 7 that work with BA?
Alt
Shift
Ctrl
Alt + Shift
Alt + Ctrl
Shift + Ctrl
Alt + Shift + Ctrl.

eg if I was able to also use the Windows key then I could add another 8 combinations to the above but I don't think BA can do this?
The Windows key can be included as a Keyboard shortcut

What's the reason for only using non-alphanumeric keys and needing to use up to 3 combinations rather than using a single key?
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:33 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:08 pm
Dallas wrote:

Alt
Shift
Ctrl
Alt + Shift
Alt + Ctrl
Shift + Ctrl
Alt + Shift + Ctrl.

The Windows key can be included as a Keyboard shortcut

What's the reason for only using non-alphanumeric keys and needing to use up to 3 combinations rather than using a single key?
I want to use two keyboards at the same time where a combination of key presses across the two trigger a specific servant. One keyboard to capture the selection, and one to capture the stake. eg if horse 1 = ctrl+alt on one keyboard, and a stake of £10 = Q on the other keyboard, then holding both together would equal ctrl+alt+Q which would trigger a servant backing horse 1 for £10.

The windows key does not seem to capture when in conjunction with any other key. If I try to capture Windows + 1 for example BA just captures 1? Unless I am doing something wrong?
jamesedwards

Should the windows key work in conjunction with other keys? eg win + alt + 1. Should I be able to program this as a shortcut?
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:05 pm
Should the windows key work in conjunction with other keys? eg win + alt + 1. Should I be able to program this as a shortcut?
I'd need to double check it, its not something I've ever tried doing.

Just to come back to your last post (which I missed the other day)

You can assign more than 1 action to each key, so you can create a sort of macro, you just need to ensure they are in the right order in the keyboard editor
ie, you could assign key 1 to your 1st preset stake, then the same key to start servant 'XYZ' which if it uses Context stake will then place a bet for that amount
then assign key 2 to your 2nd preset stake, then the same key to start servant 'XYZ'
etc etc

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”