Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

Derek27

gstar1975 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:23 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:21 pm
After that little outage my "When Betfair F*ck up log" currently stands at -€126.09
in the long term you should break even :lol:
In the long term you should make a profit if your overall position is usually green. :)
Derek27

They must have been disappointed with their PC receipts yesterday. At least we know what they mean by "business rules".
snowman

Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:31 pm
Only back bets getting through, no lay bets.
I don't suppose its worth complaining to Betfair is it Peter?
I couldn't even 'cash out' on the Android app :roll:
Euler

It's always worth complaining else your voice will never be heard. But I don't rate your chances at getting anything out of it.
MarkA68

Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:12 pm
It's always worth complaining else your voice will never be heard. But I don't rate your chances at getting anything out of it.
The message I was typing after scoring them zero wasn't particularly flattering to their company, probably a good thing my voice didn't get heard in the long term!

My 'chimp' got the better of me haha - guess what I'm in the middle of reading? (Well listening to on audible).
Kai

And a little reminder to those that lost bigger amounts this time around, don't chase them losses now!!
Euler

MarkA68 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:17 pm
Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:12 pm
The message I was typing after scoring them zero wasn't particularly flattering to their company, probably a good thing my voice didn't get heard in the long term!

My 'chimp' got the better of me haha - guess what I'm in the middle of reading? (Well listening to on audible).
Skip that book and go to it's source, thinking fast and slow. Heavy going but 100 times the insight.
Dallas

Kai wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:32 pm
And a little reminder to those that lost bigger amounts this time around, don't chase them losses now!!
As usual wise words from Mr K
MarkA68

Skip that book and go to it's source, thinking fast and slow. Heavy going but 100 times the insight.
[/quote]

Thank you! I will take a look and see if it's available as an audible book, I struggle to read without getting a headache these days lol
Euler

MarkA68 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:48 pm
Thank you! I will take a look and see if it's available as an audible book, I struggle to read without getting a headache these days lol
[/quote]

I got it on Audible and was so impressed I bought the bought as well.

We have a thread on the forum about it: -

viewtopic.php?t=12946
brimson25

Does anyone know how frequently these outages occur? And if they are getting more or less frequent?

My sense is that it is about every 2/3 months, but that could be wildly inaccurate. And they aren't getting more frequent, and in fact, used to be worse.

That is obviously a very partial view, so really interested if others are more informed.

I suppose in the end you just have to be philosophical about it (I lost yesterday, but might easily have won and maybe will next time.

I suppose that's slightly easier if you know you're not trusting to fate every week!

Thanks for any views.
to75ne

brimson25 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:24 am
Does anyone know how frequently these outages occur? And if they are getting more or less frequent?

My sense is that it is about every 2/3 months, but that could be wildly inaccurate. And they aren't getting more frequent, and in fact, used to be worse.

That is obviously a very partial view, so really interested if others are more informed.

I suppose in the end you just have to be philosophical about it (I lost yesterday, but might easily have won and maybe will next time.

I suppose that's slightly easier if you know you're not trusting to fate every week!

Thanks for any views.
considering it used happen more or less every saturday especially around 3 oclock, they are not that frequent anymore (proper crash about 2 every 4 to 6 weeks, i only really trade horses not sure how may times at other times/markets) .

it was a very a common occurrence, not just crashes, but often grind to snails a place, sp would not be taken, fail to go inplay, prices would fail to appear or strobe /flash.

fortunately they have been much better and certainly a lot more reliable in the last 5 years or so, to the point where you do not expect a crash anymore on saturday as part of a normal day.
brimson25

to75ne wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:33 am
brimson25 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:24 am

Thanks for any views.
considering it used happen more or less every saturday especially around 3 oclock, they are not that frequent anymore (proper crash about 2 every 4 to 6 weeks, i only really trade horses not sure how may times at other times/markets) .

it was a very a common occurrence, not just crashes, but often grind to snails a place, sp would not be taken, fail to go inplay, prices would fail to appear or strobe /flash.

fortunately they have been much better and certainly a lot more reliable in the last 5 years or so, to the point where you do not expect a crash anymore on saturday as part of a normal day.
I had forgotten the Saturday crashes, thanks.

Yesterday's was weird in some respects - still taking back money but refusing lay money. Lets hope someone pressed the wrong button and it's a one off!

Thanks again.
Derek27

Unable to cancel bets!!
rik

same, but all operation here https://status.developer.betfair.com/

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”