Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:36 am
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:16 pm
greenmark wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:36 pm

7hrs of heavy snow anounted to 1 inch.
And I am serious about the last year. I've got soaked several times when it was supposed to be dry and humped waterproofs around due to forecast rain that doesn't materialise. Seen warnings for strong winds and it's a bit blowy. Out the following day with no warnings and nearly got blown off my feet. Grumpy today :-).
Have you had a proper snowfall now?

I let the cat out tonight. I was gonna give her a 10-minute head start and was looking forward to following her footprints to find out where she disappears to. Fat chance of that! Two minutes in the garden, decided she didn't like the snow, came straight back in and started shaking the snow off her feet and onto my floor.
Lol. That's cats for you. You're their pet, not the other way around,
But, no despite the metoffice predicting hours and hours of heavy snow for most of the the last couple of days (including an amber warning today and betweeen 50 and >95% chance of precipitation for most of the day) there is currently an inch (maybe slightly more but I'm not going go out there to measure cos they're right about the temperature. It''s close to freezing, one side or the other).
I just find this weather hyperbole unhelpful."The beast from the east 2". How is that a helpful presentation of information?
Forget about the daily forecast for you're local area and look at the bigger picture.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/ma ... e-pressure

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/outlook

Last night, I was going out to smoke in a flipping blizzard with no ashtray to drop my cigarette butts in, because it was blown away, along with the 100 cigarette butts in it. What a waste of time dropping my butts in the container when I could have just chucked them on the street. :lol:

Winds have calmed down now but I reckon the beast from the east will be followed by the wanker from the west at the end of the month. It's just a question of what the Met office want to call it. :)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:02 am
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:16 pm

Have you had a proper snowfall now?

I let the cat out tonight. I was gonna give her a 10-minute head start and was looking forward to following her footprints to find out where she disappears to. Fat chance of that! Two minutes in the garden, decided she didn't like the snow, came straight back in and started shaking the snow off her feet and onto my floor.
But, no despite the metoffice predicting hours and hours of heavy snow for most of the the last couple of days (including an amber warning today and betweeen 50 and >95% chance of precipitation for most of the day) there is currently an inch (maybe slightly more but I'm not going go out there to measure cos they're right about the temperature. It''s close to freezing, one side or the other).
I just find this weather hyperbole unhelpful."The beast from the east 2". How is that a helpful presentation of information?
Forget about the daily forecast for you're local area and look at the bigger picture.

Last night, I was going out to smoke in a flipping blizzard with no ashtray to drop my cigarette butts in, because it was blown away, along with the 100 cigarette butts in it. What a waste of time dropping my butts in the container when I could have just chucked them on the street. :lol:

Winds have calmed down now but I reckon the beast from the east will be followed by the wanker from the west at the end of the month. It's just a question of what the Met office want to call it. :)
Sorry you've taken a battering. I once got stuck in a blizzard (like overr a foot deep) trying to get off the M6 to get home in Birmingham. Everything stopped. Took hours to cover 10 miles. But only cos it stopped snowing and some 4x4's got through and created a track for others to follow. So I know what severe weather looks and feels like.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:19 am
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Sorry you've taken a battering. I once got stuck in a blizzard (like overr a foot deep) trying to get off the M6 to get home in Birmingham. Everything stopped. Took hours to cover 10 miles. But only cos it stopped snowing and some 4x4's got through and created a track for others to follow. So I know what severe weather looks and feels like.
I was referring to last night's weather rather than the worst I've experienced. As for the hyperbole, I named the brief and minor cold I had a few weeks ago Andrew, because I couldn't think of anyone I don't like who begins with the letter A. But my next cold will be named Boris. :D
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:34 am
greenmark wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:19 am
Derek27 wrote:

I was referring to last night's weather rather than the worst I've experienced. As for the hyperbole, I named the brief and minor cold I had a few weeks ago Andrew, because I couldn't think of anyone I don't like who begins with the letter A. But my next cold will be named Boris. :D
I don't get colds. Because I socially distance meticulously . :-)
Although it ain't easy. And along with inaccurate weather forecasts, shopping trolley behaviour, speeding in car parks and sily old buggers in supermarkets believing that a mask is a covid forcefield, my life is less than 1% as bad as someone in Africa, Syria or Yemen et al. 1st world problems eh! :-)
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:59 am
Although it ain't easy. And along with inaccurate weather forecasts, shopping trolley behaviour, speeding in car parks and sily old buggers in supermarkets believing that a mask is a covid forcefield, my life is less than 1% as bad as someone in Africa, Syria or Yemen et al. 1st world problems eh! :-)
I socially distance meticulously, except for kissing my girlfriend who goes fuck knows where, and doesn't seem to have any regard for the lockdown.

When this covid issue is finally over, I think we should have a full and worldwide lockdown to kill the common cold. Whenever I've had a bad cold I've always wondered whether it's possible, but now we've got experience in lockdowns, social distancing and isolation...

And what about vaccines for the common cold, if they can compress 10 years of vaccine production into a few months? It may not kill but it makes me feel as though I'm dying. ;)
Derek27

Getting that flipping "dong dong dong" sound again on my headphones. You used to get electronic devices that took rechargeable and changable AAA cells, you could even call them R03, UM-4, HP16, MN2400 - whatever you choose to call them, you could simply take them out and replace them with alkaline cells.

Now you can only buy devices you have to chuck away when the battery's worn out!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:35 am
greenmark wrote:
I socially distance meticulously, except for kissing my girlfriend who goes fuck knows where, and doesn't seem to have any regard for the lockdown.

When this covid issue is finally over, I think we should have a full and worldwide lockdown to kill the common cold. Whenever I've had a bad cold I've always wondered whether it's possible, but now we've got experience in lockdowns, social distancing and isolation...

And what about vaccines for the common cold, if they can compress 10 years of vaccine production into a few months? It may not kill but it makes me feel as though I'm dying. ;)
There's no chance of a vaccine for the common cold. I mean, come on! What a money earner for the pharm industry, every year?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:11 am
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:35 am
greenmark wrote:

There's no chance of a vaccine for the common cold. I mean, come on! What a money earner for the pharm industry, every year?
I'd be willing to pay a lot for my dose. When I was last working for an employer I had a lot of days off when I had a cold, and a lot off days of when I didn't. And I had every Friday off because I felt I had enough for the week. :D

There must be a lot of lost revenue due to people unable to work with a really bad cold, plus the sheer misery of having snot constantly dripping off your nose - it should be the world's next priority. :)
Derek27

I flipping know "Listening at a high volume for a long time may damage your hearing". You tell me every flipping time I play music!!!
beermonsterman

:evil: non runners do my head in but my automation bot loves them for some shitty reason :roll:
beermonsterman

beermonsterman wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:47 pm
:evil: non runners do my head in but my automation bot loves them for some shitty reason :roll:
Im close to beer o clock and tinfoil hat time LMFBO :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
gazuty

Sydney airport this morning.

Number of people down - queues way longer (everyone in masks but no social distancing) so it was a paradox.

Business lounge packed. 😢

Coffee queue very long but moved swiftly. 👍
Emmson

1st post here

Haribo is awful :x a 4th division outfit in confectionary/sweets despite dominating the shelves.
Emmson

Emmson wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 pm
1st post here

Haribo is awful :x a 4th division outfit in confectionary/sweets despite dominating the shelves.
On the other hand Morrisons own brand Milk Bottles are the best I have tried, Aldi = horrible, Tesco = unremarkable
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:33 pm
Emmson wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 pm
1st post here

On the other hand Morrisons own brand Milk Bottles are the best I have tried, Aldi = horrible, Tesco = unremarkable
Are you old enough to gamble? I stopped eating things like that when I was 12. :)

Return to “General discussion”