50 A Day System

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Riverguy

Hi,

My first post.

A few years ago, a young nephew of mine had a successful run, betting on horse races, week after week, backing favourites in 3 cities. He was a mathematical whiz kid working out how much he had to invest in the next race to cover his previous losses. At the end of the day he would go home with a nice profit, a bulging wallet.

I and other family were suitably impressed however, one Black Saturday ( for him) not one favourite won in the 3 cities and he ran slam into the gambler's brick wall, running out of stake money.

If there is enought money in the wheel barrow, almost any system will work for awhile, but none are fool proof.
Headless Chuck

Mentioned before, I was doing something akin to this experimentally in the spring of last year. The "system" such as it was involved laying the first horse over 2.25, recovering any losses on an unequal split over the next two bets with various other limits etc. By the time it was stopped by the onset of the original lockdown it was about 3x up on the original stake.

Interesting, and fun even, in a way, but I'd be a nervous wreck if I was doing it with serious money. I also didn't like that it essentially took over my Betfair and Betangel accounts as it was dependent on previous balances.

There are easier/less risky ways of making money. Avoid.
Derek27

Riverguy wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:07 am
Hi,

My first post.

A few years ago, a young nephew of mine had a successful run, betting on horse races, week after week, backing favourites in 3 cities. He was a mathematical whiz kid working out how much he had to invest in the next race to cover his previous losses. At the end of the day he would go home with a nice profit, a bulging wallet.

I and other family were suitably impressed however, one Black Saturday ( for him) not one favourite won in the 3 cities and he ran slam into the gambler's brick wall, running out of stake money.

If there is enought money in the wheel barrow, almost any system will work for awhile, but none are fool proof.
You don't need to be very mathematical to work out how much to stake to cover losses, but a true mathematical whiz kid would work out that the advantage of a strategy lies in the price you're taking, not the stake.
Riverguy

Thanks Derek for your response.

Perhaps I should have better described the betting environment and used different words to report my observations. He was betting at the only off course betting shops in Australia so the odds were bookies numbers (e.g 13/8, 5/4, 7/2 etc) not the decimal tote types of numbers.

My reference to his mathematical acumen referred of course to his mental ability manipulating the odds so he knew how much to bet to cover previous losses and win his preset surplus, which he had to do in the seconds available in a busy shop to place bets, sometimes simultaneously at more than one track. My words running out of stake money intended depleting his betting pool of money.

My comment was an observation about the trap of depending on the system being discussed
threedogs

I bought this system awhile ago and made the price back in the first afternoon and I now make a daily profit of about £150 a day and have never had a losing day so I am happy with it ...
rik

threedogs wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:36 am
I bought this system awhile ago and made the price back in the first afternoon and I now make a daily profit of about £150 a day and have never had a losing day so I am happy with it ...
post proof of your account being 50k up last year, why didnt you just stake double, happy with 150 a day? doesnt work anymore when get greedy?

there is no edge in staking thats common sense
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:56 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:06 pm
.... quiz shows play on that psycological trick...they never put the pound notes in the contestants hands before they ask if they want to gamble.
It wouldn't make any difference. I saw an episode of Deal or no Deal (it just happened to be on after racing :) ) where an old woman was trying to get £15K to pay for her daughter's operation. When she won the money she decided to gamble for the £50K and ended up with £50. :lol:
That's the reason it's just a sticker in the box and not actual folding money. Then again people seem happy to put cash money down the toilet on Million Pound Drop so who knows. All I know is "I came with nothing" is a crap reason to gamble on these shows. :roll:
ShaunWhite

Riverguy wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:05 am
the odds were bookies numbers (e.g 13/8, 5/4, 7/2 etc) not the decimal tote types of numbers.
I miss traditional odds, you could work them out in couple of seconds (13/8 = 1 + a half + an 1/8th, 5/4 = 1 + 1/4, 7/2 = 3 and a half etc ) but who the hell knows what 7.82 * something is without a calculator. :?

:) sorry your first couple of post have been met by what seems like contradiction......we're friendly really just a bit nerdy about odds calcs...suprise suprise.

Welcome.
Riverguy

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:21 am
Riverguy wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:05 am
the odds were bookies numbers (e.g 13/8, 5/4, 7/2 etc) not the decimal tote types of numbers.
I miss traditional odds, you could work them out in couple of seconds (13/8 = 1 + a half + an 1/8th, 5/4 = 1 + 1/4, 7/2 = 3 and a half etc ) but who the hell knows what 7.82 * something is without a calculator. :?

:) sorry your first couple of post have been met by what seems like contradiction......we're friendly really just a bit nerdy about odds calcs...suprise suprise.

Welcome.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm doing my best to master a different way to spend my money, 'trading" although old habits die hard. I still allow some 'trades' to drift by as bets. :D
ArticalBadboy

threedogs wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:50 pm
The system is so simple you dont need to buy it
Laying favourites at 2
if it wins you double up the stake
I have made thousands with this simple system
You win long term because favourites los 66% of the time therefore you win 66% of the time ..
Simple ...
Hi threedogs,
Do you mean in running, when/if the SP favourite hits 2.0, or when the first horse hits 2.0?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”