beermonsterman

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:59 pm
Emmson wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:33 pm
Emmson wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 pm
1st post here

Haribo is awful :x a 4th division outfit in confectionary/sweets despite dominating the shelves.
On the other hand Morrisons own brand Milk Bottles are the best I have tried, Aldi = horrible, Tesco = unremarkable
Are you old enough to gamble? I stopped eating things like that when I was 12. :)
Its beer o clock Deka :lol: :lol: :lol:
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:24 am
greenmark wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:11 am
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:35 am

I socially distance meticulously, except for kissing my girlfriend who goes fuck knows where, and doesn't seem to have any regard for the lockdown.

When this covid issue is finally over, I think we should have a full and worldwide lockdown to kill the common cold. Whenever I've had a bad cold I've always wondered whether it's possible, but now we've got experience in lockdowns, social distancing and isolation...

And what about vaccines for the common cold, if they can compress 10 years of vaccine production into a few months? It may not kill but it makes me feel as though I'm dying. ;)
There's no chance of a vaccine for the common cold. I mean, come on! What a money earner for the pharm industry, every year?
I'd be willing to pay a lot for my dose. When I was last working for an employer I had a lot of days off when I had a cold, and a lot off days of when I didn't. And I had every Friday off because I felt I had enough for the week. :D

There must be a lot of lost revenue due to people unable to work with a really bad cold, plus the sheer misery of having snot constantly dripping off your nose - it should be the world's next priority. :)
Viruses are an essential part of life and needed to maintain our immune system, health and much more.

There isn't always a silver bullet solution that requires zero effort and has no side effects. It's like saying there's a magic solution to instantly improve your fitness instead of doing exercise, to instantly increase your knowledge without studying or to buy a trading system strawberry strategy video pack course book and become profitable without losses the next day
Emmson

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:59 pm
Emmson wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:33 pm
Emmson wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:29 pm
1st post here

Haribo is awful :x a 4th division outfit in confectionary/sweets despite dominating the shelves.
On the other hand Morrisons own brand Milk Bottles are the best I have tried, Aldi = horrible, Tesco = unremarkable
Are you old enough to gamble? I stopped eating things like that when I was 12. :)
LOL

I buy bags of sweets every week and rarely buy alcohol :) maybe I'm an oddity. :D
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:14 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:24 am
greenmark wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:11 am

There's no chance of a vaccine for the common cold. I mean, come on! What a money earner for the pharm industry, every year?
I'd be willing to pay a lot for my dose. When I was last working for an employer I had a lot of days off when I had a cold, and a lot off days of when I didn't. And I had every Friday off because I felt I had enough for the week. :D

There must be a lot of lost revenue due to people unable to work with a really bad cold, plus the sheer misery of having snot constantly dripping off your nose - it should be the world's next priority. :)
Viruses are an essential part of life and needed to maintain our immune system, health and much more.

There isn't always a silver bullet solution that requires zero effort and has no side effects. It's like saying there's a magic solution to instantly improve your fitness instead of doing exercise, to instantly increase your knowledge without studying or to buy a trading system strawberry strategy video pack course book and become profitable without losses the next day
That was a joke Alex, about being the world's next prioity. Obviously it wouldn't be practical to put the whole world in lockdown. Besides, too many people won't believe the common cold exists and carry on spreading it. ;)
abgespaced

I am ranting about having ranted the other day on the cricket thread and for doubting myself.
Derek27

Neteller is no longer supporting USD or GBP, only Euros. They say no foreign exchange fees will apply but I hope my account statement won't be in Euros. :shock:
Derek27

Why don't they just gas environmentalists out of the tunnel they're hiding in and then charge them the cost of the police operation. That would wipe the smile off their faces. :)
Derek27

What is it about Whirlpool that makes them feel they have to email you with a flipping giant banner that you have to read full-screen, just to tell you what day an appliance is to be delivered? :x
Derek27

Why would anyone want to pay £207 for a flipping keyboard? You can get a cheap laptop for that!
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

FFS, I'm now being offered a chair for £189 and a microphone for £126! These PC builders really try and milk you for all you're worth. :lol:
Tuco

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:42 pm
FFS, I'm now being offered a chair for £189 and a microphone for £126! These PC builders really try and milk you for all you're worth. :lol:
...that's what it's all about - squeeze you dry :lol:
Realrocknrolla

Love reading Dereks rants.

I particularly like the washer nuts and bolt rants.
beermonsterman

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:04 pm
Love reading Dereks rants.

I particularly like the washer nuts and bolt rants.
Me too he kills it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

My vet keeps texting/phoning me to remind me to pick up the cat's flea and worm treatment. Do they think a cat with fleas is a full-scale emergency?
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:56 pm
My vet keeps texting/phoning me to remind me to pick up the cat's flea and worm treatment. Do they think a cat with fleas is a full-scale emergency?
My dog used to think it was an emergency if it had a flea. :shock: :?

She passed away suddenly in Nov Derek, kidney failure in 3 days. I'll settle for an ending like that though, she didn't suffer long. She was 16 and I got her when I quit office life so we've been side by side 247 all that time, it's really tough and you'll relate to what the empty space near my feet feels like.

Don't sweat the small stuff Derek, life will bring something along soon enough for you to be actually bothered about.

Return to “General discussion”