Dallas, Can you please tell me what's wrong?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
lotora

It's not being triggered, so clearly something is wrong.

Maybe you could make the necessary change(s), and then reply here?

(NEW EDIT: I've now added the rule-file "test-updated". Here, everything is stripped away, but the rules containing the groups. So please just forget about "test", which I've now removed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lotora on Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Anbell

Have a look at this thread
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=23108
lotora

Anbell wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:43 am
Have a look at this thread
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=23108
Thanks, but that can't be the reason. Maybe you can run it in practice mode and find out what's wrong?
jamesg46

What would be the point in fixing something that is purposely "fake"? I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding but why would you be wanting something to trigger that you don't want to trigger anyway?
lotora

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:48 am
What would be the point in fixing something that is purposely "fake"? I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding but why would you be wanting something to trigger that you don't want to trigger anyway?
Good question!

Fake might be the wrong word to use here. I lowered the bar, partly in order to increase the likelihood of getting the rules triggered. It's all about finding out what's wrong with the Group Conditions. Which is crucial to my way of trading.

EDIT: Jamesg46, thanks a lot! If I haven't posted anything here by the time you get home, I simply haven't figured it out.
Last edited by lotora on Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesg46

lotora wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:48 am
Good question!

Fake might be the wrong word to use here. I lowered the bar, partly in order to increase the likelihood of getting the rules triggered. It's all about finding out what's wrong with the Group Conditions. Which is crucial to my way of trading.
I'm out for a few hours but if nobody else, or yourself haven't managed to sort it by time I get home I'll take a look and see if I can help.
sniffer66

I'm a bit pushed for time but had a quick look. Your group conditions are set up correctly as far as I can see

i.e

One must Be True

All Must be true
End

All Must Be True
End
End

That gives you an Either logic. One of the thresholds/signals in your other conditions must be failing to set/trigger somewhere
Dallas

lotora wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:56 pm

(EDIT: Since it's all about finding out why the rules are not being triggered, i.e what's wrong with the Group Conditions, I have purposedly lowered the bar for the parameters and conditions "beyond recognition".
As others have said it would be better if you posted a rules file with just the rule/s containing the groups you want that eliminates all other possibilities for it not triggering and much easier to spot where any mistakes maybe
lotora

Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:53 am
lotora wrote:

(EDIT: Since it's all about finding out why the rules are not being triggered, i.e what's wrong with the Group Conditions, I have purposedly lowered the bar for the parameters and conditions "beyond recognition".
As others have said it would be better if you posted a rules file with just the rule/s containing the groups you want that eliminates all other possibilities for it not triggering and much easier to spot where any mistakes maybe
Thanks!, I've now added the file "test-updated".
Dallas

lotora wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:23 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:53 am
lotora wrote:

Thanks!, I've now added the file "test-updated".
That still appears the same, it has 12 rules with 4 of them having conditions of nested groups

I just need a rule with a sample of nested conditions that aren't working for you
lotora

Now I understand what you mean. After taking away everything but the Group Conditions it suddenly started to work...and I also found out why. If anyone is interested, I will post it here.
beermonsterman

lotora wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:01 am
Now I understand what you mean. After taking away everything but the Group Conditions it suddenly started to work...and I also found out why. If anyone is interested, I will post it here.
please do i would like to understand what people are saying ?
lotora

beermonsterman wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:57 am
lotora wrote:
You are welcome!

I just had to remove two signals: low and high
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beermonsterman

lotora wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:22 am
beermonsterman wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:57 am
lotora wrote:
You are welcome!

I just had to remove two signals: low and high
Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”