Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:33 pm
Tuco wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:55 pm
...just back from Epsom Racecourse where I received an AstraZeneca Covid-19 jab - very efficient service - received an invite on Saturday morning and landed a 'fastest finger' as I'd booked for 13:10 today within 30 seconds :lol:

Thought I'd better book for Monday in case I feel rough for a few days, and if so, should be OK by the weekend :)
Let us know of any side effects. I reckon I'll get jab one mid-april. I can't wait tbh.
If Tuco stops posting you'll know what the side-effect is. ;)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:55 pm
greenmark wrote:
Tuco wrote:
...just back from Epsom Racecourse where I received an AstraZeneca Covid-19 jab - very efficient service - received an invite on Saturday morning and landed a 'fastest finger' as I'd booked for 13:10 today within 30 seconds :lol:

Thought I'd better book for Monday in case I feel rough for a few days, and if so, should be OK by the weekend :)
Let us know of any side effects. I reckon I'll get jab one mid-april. I can't wait tbh.
If Tuco stops posting you'll know what the side-effect is. ;)
if i could buy a jab I would.
I just have to wait in line.
alexmr2

Looks like the rumours of vaccine passports coming here like Israel, and a company being contracted by the UK Government to work on them in June 2020 could be true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3lbfiFBENY

No jab(s) every 6 months no job, no entry to the pub, no hospital or dental treatment, no school, no entry to buy food at the supermarket. Papers ready at all times!
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:35 pm
Looks like the rumours of vaccine passports coming here like Israel, and a company being contracted by the UK Government to work on them in June 2020 could be true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3lbfiFBENY

No jab(s) every 6 months no job, no entry to the pub, no hospital or dental treatment, no school, no entry to buy food at the supermarket. Papers ready at all times!
You're starting to hear things Alex. That news clip said nothing about requiring a jab every 6 months, no entry to hospital or dentists, schools, or supermarkets. Interesting though, that you believe what you hear on mainstream media if you like it. :)
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:43 am
You're starting to hear things Alex. That news clip said nothing about requiring a jab every 6 months, no entry to hospital or dentists, schools, or supermarkets. Interesting though, that you believe what you hear on mainstream media if you like it. :)
Being mentioned on the mainstream media makes it easier to share as a credible source instead of an independent one which will be called a conspiracy theory.

Israel has this system where a vaccine pass is valid for 6 months and it looks like they expect vaccinations to be ongoing here too.
10.png
Now children are being forced to wear masks all day in classrooms at school (even though they said this would never happen a few months ago and many scientific studies say masks don't work and do more harm than good), you only have to look at the similarities in results between countries which did and didn't use them to confirm this. Also corporate scientists (spokespeople funded by pharmaceutical companies) are talking about having all children injected with Covid vaccines. Children aren't at risk from Covid at all, whilst the long term effects of the vaccines are completely unknown.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk- ... t-12224817

Am I still the only one who is sceptical of all this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:47 am
You're probably the only one that's hearing things. Where did they say no entry to schools, hospitals, dentists and supermarkets?
Derek27

The Queen's just advised that the jab doesn't hurt!!!

I'm definitely snapping up my invitation as soon as I get it now, that was really playing on my mind, probably the main reason why people are reluctant and I never even thought of asking anyone who's had the jab if it hurts!!
superfrank

alexmr2 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:47 am
The vast majority of people will swallow whatever they're told to swallow.

https://twitter.com/philthese/status/13 ... 6277622785
Trader Pat

Interesting how this thread has taken over from the presidential thread for alternative viewpoints but what I love the most is how those who believe in 1 particular conspiracy theory don't find it ironic in the slightest that they believe in other conspiracy theories. :D
Tuco

greenmark wrote:
Tuco wrote:

I felt pretty rubbish the next day (Tuesday) - delicate, headache, slight temperature, weak, acheing joints, poor balance, close to getting chills - by pure co-incidence a mate that lives with his family a mile away had the Covid-19 jab on Monday evening at a different location and he WA'd me on Tuesday evening saying he "was feeling lousy, how was I feeling", which was the same as him and as described above.

I watched the Chelsea CL match then went to bed having had a couple of 500mg Paracetamol, which I very rarely do, but they do work if you're suffering a temperature.

The next morning I was feeling much, much better - WA'd my mate to say as much and he replied that 'so was he'.

To sum up, in my case (and that of my mates), it was a 24-36 hour side effect - at least it means it was doing something!

I read that it takes the body 2-3 weeks to build up immunity to the Covid-19 virus after having the jab, so still have to be just as careful as before having had it.

Good luck to anyone waiting to get the jab - get it as soon as you can :)
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:27 pm
Interesting how this thread has taken over from the presidential thread for alternative viewpoints but what I love the most is how those who believe in 1 particular conspiracy theory don't find it ironic in the slightest that they believe in other conspiracy theories. :D
I'm still waiting for the 'Perseverance landed in a studio' conspiracy theory - it's the most obvious one. :)
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:34 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:27 pm
I'm still waiting for the 'Perseverance landed in a studio' conspiracy theory - it's the most obvious one. :)
Think they need a flag to make that stick don't they?! :)
Last edited by Trader Pat on Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trader Pat

Tuco wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:31 pm
Mind me asking how old you are Tuco?

I only ask because I got a call from my mothers GP 3 weeks asking if she wanted to be put on the list for a jab, she's 82.

Haven't heard anything back yet, but we're obviously slower rolling out the jab here in Ireland than in the UK.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:40 pm
Tuco wrote:

I only ask because I got a call from my mothers GP 3 weeks asking if she wanted to be put on the list for a jab, she's 82.

Haven't heard anything back yet, but we're obviously slower rolling out the jab here in Ireland than in the UK.
My older brother's in his fifties and he's been offered an appointment, in London. They're moving pretty quick now.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:44 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:40 pm
Tuco wrote:

My older brother's in his fifties and he's been offered an appointment, in London. They're moving pretty quick now.

That's impressive!

Return to “General discussion”