The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:20 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:28 pm
Late start tonight. I've been planning to start my new fitness regime at the start of the new month. Got my multigym set up after the nuts, bolts and washers saga. Given up trying to get a treadmill until the autumn now that it's getting warmer. Decided to weight myself for the first time in over a year. 13 stone 7 pounds!!! :o :shock: :shock:

I think that's the heaviest I've been in my life. I don't look or feel any fatter than I was a year ago. :lol: Looks like it will be less time in the beer garden from next week, less pizza and crisps, more healthy cooking and pounding the streets if I'm still capable of running for ten minutes. :lol:
Guarantee you fail! People like you are suffocating, you plan to fail because there is always a reason why you can’t. At the same time you spend your time telling people they can't because you couldn't.... for your sake, prove me wrong! Go for Derek, get fit.
When have I ever told someone they can't because I couldn't? That's one of my pet hates - especially with traders. :)

You're stereotyping people James. I've been a fitness fanatic for most of my life. Most of the 13.5 stone is muscle. ;) It's just since I've moved two years ago I was busy with other things, didn't get round to assembling my multigym, injured my shoulder digging the foundations for my shed. Now that I'm raring to go it's not really a challenge to me.

Running breeds success. It's hard (for a fat git like me) to begin with, but the more you train the easier it gets, the easier it gets the more you enjoy it, and the more you enjoy it the further you run. Hoping for a good summer. :D
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:39 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:20 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Late start tonight. I've been planning to start my new fitness regime at the start of the new month. Got my multigym set up after the nuts, bolts and washers saga. Given up trying to get a treadmill until the autumn now that it's getting warmer. Decided to weight myself for the first time in over a year. 13 stone 7 pounds!!! :o :shock: :shock:

I think that's the heaviest I've been in my life. I don't look or feel any fatter than I was a year ago. :lol: Looks like it will be less time in the beer garden from next week, less pizza and crisps, more healthy cooking and pounding the streets if I'm still capable of running for ten minutes. :lol:
Guarantee you fail! People like you are suffocating, you plan to fail because there is always a reason why you can’t. At the same time you spend your time telling people they can't because you couldn't.... for your sake, prove me wrong! Go for Derek, get fit.
When have I ever told someone they can't because I couldn't? That's one of my pet hates - especially with traders. :)

You're stereotyping people James. I've been a fitness fanatic for most of my life. Most of the 13.5 stone is muscle. ;) It's just since I've moved two years ago I was busy with other things, didn't get round to assembling my multigym, injured my shoulder digging the foundations for my shed. Now that I'm raring to go it's not really a challenge to me.

Running breeds success. It's hard (for a fat git like me) to begin with, but the more you train the easier it gets, the easier it gets the more you enjoy it, and the more you enjoy it the further you run. Hoping for a good summer. :D
Did you go for a run this morning ya "fat git" or do you have an "i couldn't excuse" :lol: don't sweat it though (I know you're a bit of a sweat dodger) I'm yanking your chain.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:

Good luck with the new regime Derek.

I know how tough it is to get back into it after being inactive for an extended period. Definitely worth while in the end though if only for the health benefit and sense of achievement if not for the six pack! :)
Derek27

Last drink and pizza before my new fitness programme starts. I was looking at the film channels a few days ago to see if I can find a film to watch while I have my last meal. When I see plain boring film titles like The Dead, The Sand, The Killer Mermaid, I feel as though reading the title is as good as reading the full script - you know more or less what happens. But Nude Nuns with Big Guns really jumped off the page. I realise it's not a comedy as the title made me think but it can't be bad with a title like that. :D
Trader Pat

Depends on the nuns!
Derek27

It stars Asun Ortega. I googled her, I reckon she'd make a pretty good nun. :)
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:21 pm
It stars Asun Ortega. I googled her, I reckon she'd make a pretty good nun. :)
So, you did go to church today. We missed you :D
Trader Pat

After a quick google I concur :D

If she was my religion teacher when I was at school I might not be an athiest now!
Derek27

Great film!! I'd recommend it (not that I watch films).

But not you Minnie, unless you're a lesbian. :lol: :lol:
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:33 am
Great film!! I'd recommend it (not that I watch films).

But not you Minnie, unless you're a lesbian. :lol: :lol:
BIO: Recent graduate, gambler, gamer, barbie, rue pauls drag race :D
Derek27

Thoroughly deserve my midweek drink tonight, after a good starter session on the weights last night, followed by a 5-minute run, even if I did have to walk for the last minute and a half. :D
beermonsterman

I intend to get absolutely Stephen Hawkined today . :lol:
ODPaul82

Merlot time for me, although will try and stick to 1 bottle as tomorrow looking busy enough
Derek27

Early start tonight as I prepare for the Brighton match. No pizza tonight though, I'm serious about losing weight. :D
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:41 pm
Early start tonight as I prepare for the Brighton match. No pizza tonight though, I'm serious about losing weight. :D
As long as you swill it down with a can of diet coke, pizza is aloud... 2 diet cokes and you can have a pudding too.

Return to “Chill Out Area”