RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Tuco

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:45 pm
I've just eaten a tin of baked beans then realised they were 4 months out of date :oops:
...waste not, want not :lol:

If they look OK (ie they've not gone green or summat), and pass the little finger taste test, it wouldn''t really matter if they're 4 years or 14 years out of date, I'd still eat them :lol:
Trader Pat

Tuco wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:04 am
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:45 pm
I've just eaten a tin of baked beans then realised they were 4 months out of date :oops:
...waste not, want not :lol:

If they look OK (ie they've not gone green or summat), and pass the little finger taste test, it wouldn''t really matter if they're 4 years or 14 years out of date, I'd still eat them :lol:

They didn't taste the best but like you say waste not want not!

It prompted me to do a clear-out of that particular cupboard and I found another tin that was over a year out of date! So could have been worse :D
ODPaul82

Easter eggs are fine 4 years out of date.
I'm still breathing.
Derek27

I once asked a baker how long a cake would keep for, and he replied, "how long does sugar keep for?" :)
ODPaul82

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:13 am
I once asked a baker how long a cake would keep for, and he replied, "how long does sugar keep for?" :)
If my bulging stomach is to go for, potentially millenia.
It would help if I didn't think that wine was a replacement for water and the odd bit of exercise would actually do me some good
Saying that I did achieve 5000 steps today.
greenmark

Please help me understand this!!!!
Amazon changes app logo that 'resembles Adolf Hitler'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56266514
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:10 pm
I just noticed that on the Google page. I think the arrow resembles his moustache. I`m gonna do a forensic search of my flat and remove anything that remotely resembles a short slightly curved line. :)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:15 pm
greenmark wrote:
I just noticed that on the Google page. I think the arrow resembles his moustache. I`m gonna do a forensic search of my flat and remove anything that remotely resembles a short slightly curved line. :)
It's the blue tape with serrated edge. Everyone knows Hitler's moustache was blue and serrated, right? My immediate reaction was this was a publicity stunt by Amazon. No such thing as bad publicity? Hitler killed my Grandad so I hate Hitler and everything he stood for. But FFS it's a graphic design, nothing more.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:25 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:15 pm
greenmark wrote:
It's the blue tape with serrated edge. Everyone knows Hitler's moustache was blue and serrated, right? My immediate reaction was this was a publicity stunt by Amazon. No such thing as bad publicity? Hitler killed my Grandad so I hate Hitler and everything he stood for. But FFS it's a graphic design, nothing more.
Got it now. I thought the black line was his moustache and the blue tab his nose. :lol:
Derek27

Wankers! Got an email this evening telling me my cooker will be delivered between 9-12 in the morning but I can rearrange it unless they're already on their way. They can't be on their way tonight and their flipping phone line is open from 9 till 5. Obviously they'll be on their way at 9 tomorrow!! :evil:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:36 pm
Wankers! Got an email this evening telling me my cooker will be delivered between 9-12 in the morning but I can rearrange it unless they're already on their way. They can't be on their way tonight and their flipping phone line is open from 9 till 5. Obviously they'll be on their way at 9 tomorrow!! :evil:
TBH I wouldn't dream of rearranging that type of delivery. I'd just flex around those times. And I would say over the last few years all of these notifications have been honoured. So I have no issues with the logistics industry at the moment.
Also.... why would you rearrange the delivery of a cooker. Unless you live next door to a takeaway? :-)
Question is how far are you from the delivery hub?
Will it be the 9am delivery or noon? Aaaaaarghhhh!!!!
Seriously though, I recognise your irritation.
1st world problem though Derek.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:31 am
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:36 pm
TBH I wouldn't dream of rearranging that type of delivery. I'd just flex around those times. And I would say over the last few years all of these notifications have been honoured. So I have no issues with the logistics industry at the moment.
Also.... why would you rearrange the delivery of a cooker. Unless you live next door to a takeaway? :-)
Question is how far are you from the delivery hub?
Will it be the 9am delivery or noon? Aaaaaarghhhh!!!!
Seriously though, I recognise your irritation.
1st world problem though Derek.
I thought the same thing myself after posting that. I don't urgently need the cooker but cleaned the kitchen and got the place prepared. It would be less hassle drinking until noon despite being on a new health and fitness programme than rearranging it. What really makes my blood boil is that they email me at 19:30 and say if it's not convenient I can cancel it if I go back in time to 17:00!

It's just as well I don't live in the US. If I could legally purchase an AK47, a hundred people I've already mentioned on this thread would have been shot by now. :lol:
Derek27

Has anyone figured out the purpose of those two horizontal pinholes on each side of a face mask? They appear on both, disposables and reusables!
Realrocknrolla

Daughter went to buy her car today.

Paid by card (Natwest)

Transaction was voided and have void receipt.

Funds have left account and Natwest have said it is authorised. Gave authorisation number.

Car dealer has rang his bank and merchant (both Barclays) they say it isn’t showing on there system. He used the Natwest authorisation number.

Natwest fraud say there isn’t anything they can do they say it’s been authorised even though a void receipt is in hand.

Car dealer won’t let car go. Rightfully so.

Natwest are a bunch of jokers.

Daughter has no car and £5500 gone out the account!

Any advice is appreciated!
Realrocknrolla

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:59 pm
Daughter went to buy her car today.

Paid by card (Natwest)

Transaction was voided and have void receipt.

Funds have left account and Natwest have said it is authorised. Gave authorisation number.

Car dealer has rang his bank and merchant (both Barclays) they say it isn’t showing on there system. He used the Natwest authorisation number.

Natwest fraud say there isn’t anything they can do they say it’s been authorised even though a void receipt is in hand.

Car dealer won’t let car go. Rightfully so.

Natwest are a bunch of jokers.

Daughter has no car and £5500 gone out the account!

Any advice is appreciated!
UPDATE***

Natwest were right. Barclays had to void from there end.

Money back in account.

Return to “General discussion”