help me please

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
phungdao

im running a bot but it keeps asking me if i want to place this bet ,how do i tell it to just do it please help
ODPaul82

Settings -> Edit Settings -> Behaviour -> uncheck the "Confirm Bets" option and save
ODPaul82

Also from the number of questions you've asked in a super short period of time I'd really really really recommend reading the actual manual
It will answer a ton of your queries

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/index.html
phungdao

ODPaul82 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:22 pm
Also from the number of questions you've asked in a super short period of time I'd really really really recommend reading the actual manual

isnt this forum try get help from the community and not a octagon for belittling people
Derek27

phungdao wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:47 pm
ODPaul82 wrote:

isnt this forum try get help from the community and not a octagon for belittling people
It's for getting help after you've read the manual and find yourself stuck. I must have spent 4-5 hours reading through the manual (there are still parts I've yet to read). You've spent 10 hours putting your bot together but the time may have been better spent going through the manual and gaining an understanding of how it all works, there are no shortcuts.
phungdao

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:56 pm
phungdao wrote:
ODPaul82 wrote:

It's for getting help after you've read the manual and find yourself stuck. I must have spent 4-5 hours reading through the manual (there are still parts I've yet to read). You've spent 10 hours putting your bot together but the time may have been better spent going through the manual and gaining an understanding of how it all works, there are no shortcuts.
ive spent about 30 hours watching vids and another 200 hours reading the manual, thats my point i thought forums to try your luck at getting help when its still not working,
ODPaul82

phungdao wrote:
I'm not 100% sure where I've belittled you, a lot of my posts have been for you to read the help guide as you've indicated in other posts that you're struggling and it would honestly help you out.

If you've spent 200 hours reading the manual and for the sake of argument you get 8 hours sleep a day, that's 12 and a half days reading the manual.......
xtrader16

If you want specific help on a specific question try to explain your issue in more detail. There are some people in the forum who will help you and some people who will not or cannot help you.

What exactly is it you are try to do......try and describe your 'bot' as if I've never seen it before and I havent got a clue what it is you are try to do. Start at the beginning.
phungdao

ODPaul82 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:52 am
phungdao wrote:
I'm not 100% sure where I've belittled you, a lot of my posts have been for you to read the help guide as you've indicated in other posts that you're struggling and it would honestly help you out.

If you've spent 200 hours reading the manual and for the sake of argument you get 8 hours sleep a day, that's 12 and a half days reading the manual.......
mate im just not sure, sorry wasn't saying you are belittling me in paticular, maybe its myself and the automation, maybe im not be deligent enough structuring them properly, all i'm trying is get a little feedback from the community in forum,
Derek27

phungdao wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:15 pm
Derek27 wrote:
phungdao wrote:

ive spent about 30 hours watching vids and another 200 hours reading the manual, thats my point i thought forums to try your luck at getting help when its still not working,
You've spent 10 hours on your bot, 30 watching vids and 200 reading the manual. But how much time have you spent explaining what you want?

Try setting out what you want as though it's a program specification, for example:
  • Watch the market for the first half-hour of the game to see if a goal is scored
  • If a goal is scored AND the spread is no more than n ticks place a back bet on scorer/non-scorer at best price
  • Green-up after n minutes
phungdao

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:15 am
phungdao wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

You've spent 10 hours on your bot, 30 watching vids and 200 reading the manual. But how much time have you spent explaining what you want?

Try setting out what you want as though it's a program specification, for example:
  • Watch the market for the first half-hour of the game to see if a goal is scored
  • If a goal is scored AND the spread is no more than n ticks place a back bet on scorer/non-scorer at best price
yes exactly mate, also a part that if another goal scored ,which will put me in red , don't green up straight away let it ride or go bust
phungdao

phungdao wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:
phungdao wrote:

yes exactly mate, also a part that if another goal scored ,which will put me in red , don't green up straight away let it ride or go bust
sorry rebuke that last part about let it ride or go bust, i mean if second goal scored let it ride until i can cashout at 20% loss and if another goal scored let it ride
phungdao

phungdao wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:13 pm
phungdao wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

sorry rebuke that last part about let it ride or go bust, i mean if second goal scored let it ride until i can cashout at 20% loss and if another goal scored let it ride
its works on when i lay over 3.5 goals ,but when i back it under 3.5 goals it dont work, i have it as on parameter inside the back rule of place bet as back with fixed odds tried with back as liability of balance ,nadah not work
Derek27

phungdao wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
phungdao wrote:

What I wrote was just an example. You've spent 200 hours reading the manual but if you can't spend a bit of time clearly setting out exactly what you want it's not gonna be easy for anyone to help you!
Derek27

phungdao wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:13 pm
phungdao wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Instead of posting to half-a-dozen threads about bits and pieces of your automation and adding changes, lay it all out clearly in one place!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”